Thread: I pray us and Omu win so we can

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

I pray us and Omu win so we can

Go to Omaha thru oxford.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    The ultimate slap in the face. We continue the trend.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    If that happened then they never cared about baseball. They've just been waiting for football. But, if we match up and they win then we would NEVER hear the end of it. They'd have to call out the national guard to surround the grove until the George Dickel finally ran out. Probably take at least 5 days for that to happen.

vCash
    Not gonna happen. There's enough excitement for a Super without injecting the rivalry dynamic. They don't want it and we don't either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Not gonna happen. There's enough excitement for a Super without injecting the rivalry dynamic. They don't want it and we don't either.
    I don't know why we would want it anyway. IF we win the ULL regional, which is a big if, I don't see why ALL MSU fans wouldn't want OM to get beat so we can play a Super Regional at home? Why would we be hoping for a SR in Oxford when we could potentially have one in Starkville? The quicker OM goes out of the tourney the better to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Go to Omaha thru oxford.
    It would be an awesome scenario, if for no other reason than to say, "Yep, the road to Omaha DOES go through Oxford."

That said, I'd rather they get knocked out of their regional and we pull the upset, earning a SR host. I'd prefer that scenario much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I don't know why we would want it anyway. IF we win the ULL regional, which is a big if, I don't see why ALL MSU fans wouldn't want OM to get beat so we can play a Super Regional at home? Why would we be hoping for a SR in Oxford when we could potentially have one in Starkville? The quicker OM goes out of the tourney the better to me.
    This is what I'm hoping for. And honestly, I hate the idea of playing them in a Super. While beating them would be great, think of the flip side. An ole miss friend of mine is sick about this potential matchup. He hates it. I hope they get beat by Washington.

vCash
    Maybe Ole Miss should ask the NCAA if they can host their super regional "If it happens" in Omaha. That might be the only way they ever get to play there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This is what I'm hoping for. And honestly, I hate the idea of playing them in a Super. While beating them would be great, think of the flip side. An ole miss friend of mine is sick about this potential matchup. He hates it. I hope they get beat by Washington.
    Don't count out GA Tech in the Oxford regional either - they won series against Miami, NC, FSU, and cleaned up in the ACC Tourney. That bracket could get real interesting real quick.

vCash
    I kind of don't care for the idea of setting an attendence record in OXFORD that will probably never be broken.

I prefer the scenario where they choke in their regional and we win at ULL and host GT or Washington in a Super.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    While I do think it would be awesome to play them in a super, I don't want to this year. Mostly bc it would be there. Like most people are saying, we should be hoping to win ULL regional (obviously) and hope that someone other than TSUN wins in Oxford, giving us a SR. If the roles were reversed and we would be hosting them, hell yeah bring it on. But I would rather get to host anyone than play anyone on the road in a SR.

vCash
    Also, what in the hell is an OMU?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Also, what in the hell is an OMU?
    Extinct relative of an EMU. Twice as large but not as big as it thought it was. Also known as a douchebird****
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I kind of don't care for the idea of setting an attendence record in OXFORD that will probably never be broken.

I prefer the scenario where they choke in their regional and we win at ULL and host GT or Washington in a Super.
    What record are they going to break... Only their own. No way they touch any of ours even if that matchup occurs.

vCash
    Extinct relative of an EMU. Twice as large but not as big as it thought it was. Also known as a douchebird****
    haha that literally got me to laugh out loud.

vCash
    Best definition ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    What record are they going to break... Only their own. No way they touch any of ours even if that matchup occurs.
    They don't exactly have crappy attendence. Then add ours. I'm just kind of thinking that AS LONG AS THEY OPEN UP THE GATES, so to speak, it will be the new on campus record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Don't count out GA Tech in the Oxford regional either - they won series against Miami, NC, FSU, and cleaned up in the ACC Tourney. That bracket could get real interesting real quick.
    I agree. The only thing that hurts GT and Wash is that they will have to throw their best at each other in game 1, so advantage OM in game 2. But I still think it could be a competitive Regional. I still see OM facing off with us or ULL though

vCash
    They don't exactly have crappy attendence. Then add ours. I'm just kind of thinking that AS LONG AS THEY OPEN UP THE GATES, so to speak, it will be the new on campus record.
    First, they don't have the capacity to accomodate as many as we do.

Second, they're never going to just open up the gates knowing that means a crap ton of State fans invade and remove the home-field advantage. They'll do everything in their power to keep the numbers down and keep as many State fans out as possible.