Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on the Michael Sam Kiss on ESPN...

vCash

Any thoughts on the Michael Sam Kiss on ESPN...

I could have done without it, and all the "media hype".

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/12/us/mic...kiss-reaction/

I am not sure he will make the Rams roster.

vCash
    I personally have no problem with it. Wish him the best. But LOLZ to the Marshall Henderson twitter reaction and meltdown afterward.

vCash
    I've found that having a good sense of humor about things is the best way to live. I'm sure some kids watching got a fun surprise though.

I actually think he'll at least get some good work in on ST if nothing else.

vCash
    I personally hate how all of this has been forced upon us. I don't care to see gay couples kissing in public but that's their "right " I suppose. That being said, espn is trying to force everyone to accept it. Michael sam has the same right as every other football player in the nfl and the draft, but I hate how it is more about his sexual orientation.

vCash
    according to Ian Rapoport, Sam is number 2 on rookie jersey sales behind Mr. Football. That's crazy. especially if he doesn't even make the Rams roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    I could have done without it, and all the "media hype".

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/12/us/mic...kiss-reaction/

I am not sure he will make the Rams roster.
    I didn't have a problem with it. I generally don't like PDA, regardless of orientation, but I had no more a problem with Sam kissing his partner than anyone else.

He was obviously generally very happy and emotional. I'm happy for them.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    I personally hate how all of this has been forced upon us. I don't care to see gay couples kissing in public but that's their "right " I suppose. That being said, espn is trying to force everyone to accept it. Michael sam has the same right as every other football player in the nfl and the draft, but I hate how it is more about his sexual orientation.
    I agree.

What people don't want to understand, is that disagreeing with homosexuality doesn't make you uneducated or anything else. I personally don't agree with the gay parade, so I'd rather not see them kiss. But I really don't GAF, and had he not been gay, he wouldn't have even had a camera on him.

vCash
    I don't have a problem with gay rights and whatnot but I was out eating and saw him making out with his boyfriend on TV and it made me uncomfortable in front of my family (3 year old included). Someone asked if I would be uncomfortable if it was a straight couple, and it would also be inappropriate for ESPN to broadcast what felt like a 5 minute make out session during a sportscast. So yes. But it's different and you can't compare the two because it's different.

ESPN sucks ass sometimes, especially when it's a headline that will get picked up by real journalists.

vCash
    I laughed because it looked staged/planned to me. But that's all I really thought about it.

vCash
    If you look at it from the point of football...the guy is just an average NFL player. No other player around his draft position get near the attention. So, the real question is, does he get attention for being a great player or because he is gay? We all know the answer. Does SportsCenter show the guy picked before him or after him kissing his girlfriend? Of course not! Why would they? If there is Any way the media can portray this choice as "normal" they will jump all over it. The only thing that is considered offensive to people today is Christian Values and Decency!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgSaint View Post
    If you look at it from the point of football...the guy is just an average NFL player. No other player around his draft position get near the attention. So, the real question is, does he get attention for being a great player or because he is gay? We all know the answer. Does SportsCenter show the guy picked before him or after him kissing his girlfriend? Of course not! Why would they? If there is Any way the media can portray this choice as "normal" they will jump all over it. The only thing that is considered offensive to people today is Christian Values and Decency!
    All excellent points and I agree. Nobody is discriminated against more than the conservative Christian in today's United States.

vCash
    It was a good PR move by STL b/c as I heard today only 50% or so of 6th and 7th round picks even play in an NFL game ever. So they get good PR and some jersey sales, etc. Good for them. Good for him. But I agree that I hate the way it's being forced upon on like it's some kind of human achievement that a gay football player could be drafted. We all know there are guys in all sports that have been in the closet for some time and most of their teammates probably know so it's relaly less of a big deal than any of the media tries to make it out to be.

vCash
    It does make it appear that he is going to play it up and that will rub some folks the wrong way.

I don't care if he's gay but the celebration of all this makes me dislike the fact that everything he does will be magnified because he's gay.

vCash
    The mythical war on Christians.

And I'd be interested to hear what your definition of 'decency' is.

vCash
    I just turned the channel and quit watching the whole thing ... I guess I'm one of the few that nobody cares about offending .... oh yeah, Modern Family also sucks
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    It's actually a little uncomfortable when anybody does PDA in front of me. However, it's time to stop labeling people as second-class citizens based only on who and how they love. Man up.

vCash
    is it a coincidence the Rams signed Him. Would have been worse if the Packers did***

vCash
    I see. So you want ESPN to be completely egalitarian with its airtime, but you think Christian views on homosexuality should receive special treatment under the law.

Flawless logic. ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Then change the channel

vCash
    Breaking News: There's a gay man.***