Thread: 25 Years Ago Today

vCash

25 Years Ago Today

This happened:

vCash
    Craig Ehlo - posterized on the opening montage of The NBA on NBC for years to come.

vCash

vCash
    Looking at some old stuff on youtube and this brought back some memories:

http://youtu.be/Fe-TEQ0yMN0

vCash
    one of the classier athletes IMO
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    one of the classier athletes IMO
    hahaha what? MJ is known to be one of the biggest douches/assholes off the court

vCash
    well, I don't follow B-ball at all - at any level but most of what I saw from MJ seemed cool .... what happened that I missed ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    well, I don't follow B-ball at all - at any level but most of what I saw from MJ seemed cool .... what happened that I missed ?
    He was calling people out including his high school coach who "cut" him during his HOF speech.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He was calling people out including his high school coach who "cut" him during his HOF speech.
    Dont forget the shit he said about Stockton as he was sitting in the crowd waiting to be inducted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    hahaha what? MJ is known to be one of the biggest douches/assholes off the court
    Yeah, I loved watching MJ play ball (really haven't watched the NBA since he retired), but it was widely known that he was a total dick.

vCash
    Little anecdote about MJ's brilliance on the court. At the all star game in Houston he dunked from the free throw line. My dad worked for the rockets at the time and was one of the people on the floor. He was one of the last people to talk to Michael (telling him when his dunk was and stuff). Right before that dunk my dad asked him what he was gonna do. He answered "I dunno I'll think of it when I go out". He was incredible

vCash
    What you missed was him pushing the defender off before he made the shot to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers in the playoffs. Just like he pushed off the Utah Jazz defender to beat them on a last second shot to beat them in the playoffs In another year.

Jordan is such a media/referee/nba created myth. Magic and Bird made/saved that league for twenty years. It's now back to a big market crappy league like it was in the early seventies again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    What you missed was him pushing the defender off before he made the shot to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers in the playoffs. Just like he pushed off the Utah Jazz defender to beat them on a last second shot to beat them in the playoffs In another year.

Jordan is such a media/referee/nba created myth. Magic and Bird made/saved that league for twenty years. It's now back to a big market crappy league like it was in the early seventies again.
    I wouldn't exactly consider the likely greatest player ever a myth. His stats and rings and achievements made him a legend. Not a myth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Dont forget the shit he said about Stockton as he was sitting in the crowd waiting to be inducted.
    Or the fact that he was a big reason why Isiah Thomas was left off the Dream Team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woozman View Post
    Yeah, I loved watching MJ play ball (really haven't watched the NBA since he retired), but it was widely known that he was a total dick.
    I feel the same way you do. I admired his talent as a basketball player.

I also loved watching Rodman when he was with the Bulls. He was almost as entertaining as Jordan to me.

vCash
    Rick Barry and George "The Iceman" Gervin were two fun guys to watch.

http://youtu.be/YLGAaTinDq8

http://youtu.be/5EjHZJL6Jj8
    Last edited by tcdog70; 05-07-2014 at 09:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I feel the same way you do. I admired his talent as a basketball player.

I also loved watching Rodman when he was with the Bulls. He was almost as entertaining as Jordan to me.
    Rodman certainly was entertaining off the court...