Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Auburn Game 2 Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I did blame the losses to Texas A&M on the pitching. I am very pleased with how Ross and Fitts/Lindgren/Holder have pitched this series, and I am also pleased with Laster the other night. The guy that beat Ross vs. A&M is a top 100 draft prospect. Then they beat a less than 100% Preston Brown. In hindsight we should have started Woodruff and the umpire sucking rubbed salt in the wound.

I do agree that we can't expect to shut out every opponent that we face and it does put a lot of pressure on the pitching staff. No question about that. But in defense of our offense- we just beat two pitchers with ERA's under 2.00 on the road. That said, we do need to get better on offense no question about it. The freshman that Auburn pitched today has a chance to be a first round pick in a couple of years.
    Agree 100% with you with this post Todd. However, the freshman pitcher tonight made quite a few mistakes we didn't capitalize on. Luckily 3 runs the past two nights has been enough. A&M is one of the top hitting teams in the conference so expecting our pitchers to shut them down was a bit short sighted. That pitcher who started for A&M on Friday also had much more success against lefties then righties so when we put six left handed bats in the lineup we gave them the advantage against us at the plate. That A&M lost series still really stings me because that was one we never should have lost. But like I said last weekend, sweeping Auburn this weekend will still keep us in position. Let's hope Cohen can push all of the right buttons down the stretch to make a post season run.

vCash
    Congrats Dawgs and Great Job Ross Mitchell. Got to listen while shopping and running errands. Yes, I took my radio and headphones into Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I would find a place where reception was good and stand there ridiculously still. Hope I didn't scare any kids.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully01 View Post
    Agree 100% with you with this post Todd. However, the freshman pitcher tonight made quite a few mistakes we didn't capitalize on. Luckily 3 runs the past two nights has been enough. A&M is one of the top hitting teams in the conference so expecting our pitchers to shut them down was a bit short sighted. That pitcher who started for A&M on Friday also had much more success against lefties then righties so when we put six left handed bats in the lineup we gave them the advantage against us at the plate. That A&M lost series still really stings me because that was one we never should have lost. But like I said last weekend, sweeping Auburn this weekend will still keep us in position. Let's hope Cohen can push all of the right buttons down the stretch to make a post season run.
    Like I said- I wish MSU would put out the LH/RH splits for our hitters and our pitchers. I think if they did, people would question Cohen less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Like I said- I wish MSU would put out the LH/RH splits for our hitters and our pitchers. I think if they did, people would question Cohen less.
    You hit the nail on the head. Really, the lineup LH/RH bull shit is the main thing I have questioned him on. He didn't go this outrageous with the lineup last year nor do I remember this big a descrepency in lineups in previous years. I guess we can blame this on no one really stepping up like they did in previous years. But I do agree Todd this is the main thing most people question.