Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isn't it amazing Ole Miss can put together the best recrootin machine imaginable.....

Banned
    vCash

Isn't it amazing Ole Miss can put together the best recrootin machine imaginable.....

....and they still can't win shit? I mean, I get it, they have some good players and their best 2 years in a while will be 2014 and 2015, but come on, we are just as damn talented as they are. Their idiot boosters spend gobs of cash not only on recruits, but they pour money into their stadium and facilities as well. I can only imagine the things they could provide for their families if they weren't Ole Miss homers. And what is their return? 8-4? I mean, Alabama/Georgia fires coaches for that.

At the end of the day, no we haven't done anything special either, but at least our fans aren't spending their life savings on 18 year olds. They are literally not ahead of us at all, and they win the recrootin press conference every year. And here they are, nowhere closer to winning an SEC title or national title than before.

Isn't that sort of the definition of a chump?

Where did this come from, you may ask? I just saw the thread about some stupid kid flipping from MSU to Ole Miss. After about the 25th time that happens with zero consequences, it really starts to become irrelevant. Personally, I think Yancy Porter is ONE HELL of a businessman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    ....and they still can't win shit? I mean, I get it, they have some good players and their best 2 years in a while will be 2014 and 2015, but come on, we are just as damn talented as they are. Their idiot boosters spend gobs of cash not only on recruits, but they pour money into their stadium and facilities as well. I can only imagine the things they could provide for their families if they weren't Ole Miss homers. And what is their return? 8-4? I mean, Alabama/Georgia fires coaches for that.

At the end of the day, no we haven't done anything special either, but at least our fans aren't spending their life savings on 18 year olds. They are literally not ahead of us at all, and they win the recrootin press conference every year. And here they are, nowhere closer to winning an SEC title or national title than before.

Isn't that sort of the definition of a chump?

Where did this come from, you may ask? I just saw the thread about some stupid kid flipping from MSU to Ole Miss. After about the 25th time that happens with zero consequences, it really starts to become irrelevant. Personally, I think Yancy Porter is ONE HELL of a businessman.
    Dang Straight. Hearing this stuff just doesn't ruffle a single hair on this dawg's body anymore. Someone flips. What of it? It doesn't work out too well for them more often than not.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I think all the paying players and putting them on a pedastal before they even play a down creates a bad environment for player development.

Whether we pay a player or not- going off the premise that every school has bag men per Stephen Godfrey- there is still the understanding from our coaching staff that the player is going to have to work hard. That's why we have been more successful under Dan. We may not "win" a recruiting championship- but we will be a solid program that wins actual games that count.

I think Dan does a great job of identifying talent moreso than Ole Miss as well- see McKinney, Dak, Robinson, Bear Wilson, Chris Jones before he blew up, Jamaal Clayborn, and etc.

And to your point about Yancy- I think our recruiting reporters have a totally different mindset. Ole Miss uses their recruiting reporters almost as a tool to recruit. I think Rosebowl kind of downplays our talent a lot of the time. He could and probably should ask for higher grades on our players. Paul shoots it straight- but I wouldn't say he pumps up our players or uses his site to aid in recruiting. Not a complaint- just an observation.

vCash
    I wonder how many cashed out IRA's have gone toward recruiting for the Bearsharknados?
    ?I didn't dare think of the future; the past was still happening.? - John Grisham

vCash
    They've had one shitty...one great..and one good class with hugh...he's just got everybody buying in to whatever it he's selling

vCash
    Here's how it is fellas:

Just like the NFL, as the talent level across the conference becomes more even, it becomes all about QB play. In the NFL it doesn't matter who has the best roster, more times than not, it matters who has the better QB. So... Until Hugh starts recruiting studs at the QB position, Wallace is decent but doesn't take you to another level, it just simply isn't going to matter what else they have.

Dan has beaten Freeze in QB recruit with Dak, Williams, Fitz, and Staley, and that's ultimately why we are better than them.

If Ole Miss and MSU switched QBs, Ole Miss would be the better team. I have no problem saying that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Here's how it is fellas:

Just like the NFL, as the talent level across the conference becomes more even, it becomes all about QB play. In the NFL it doesn't matter who has the best roster, more times than not, it matters who has the better QB. So... Until Hugh starts recruiting studs at the QB position, Wallace is decent but doesn't take you to another level, it just simply isn't going to matter what else they have.

Dan has beaten Freeze in QB recruit with Dak, Williams, Fitz, and Staley, and that's ultimately why we are better than them.

If Ole Miss and MSU switched QBs, Ole Miss would be the better team. I have no problem saying that
    So you're saying Russell Wilson is better than Peyton manning?? Just busting your chops...I do agree about Dax though

vCash
    Not sure, but a guy like Prescott might not be comfortable in Oxford. It's not like you see him on the beach during his down time hanging out with Kimdechee cussing at the folks nearby. Last time I saw he was down there he was posing for photos with thrilled kids.

Character plays a big role for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabo32 View Post
    So you're saying Russell Wilson is better than Peyton manning?? Just busting your chops...I do agree about Dax though
    I hear you. The QB position more or less separates the pretenders from the contenders. After that, roster depth matters to a larger degree.

vCash

Well spoken Goat......

nt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcentral View Post
    Not sure, but a guy like Prescott might not be comfortable in Oxford. It's not like you see him on the beach during his down time hanging out with Kimdechee cussing at the folks nearby. Last time I saw he was down there he was posing for photos with thrilled kids.

Character plays a big role for sure.
    Character and makeup only matters to me if it effects your ability to get to the field to play. People who get arrested, fail drug tests, get DUIs, etc... All have a makeup/character issue that effects their ability to actually get to the field and play.

It's why if I were an NFL GM, Manziel's issues wouldn't bother me. Sure, he makes an ass of himself at times and likes to party, but to this point, he hasn't shown any character issues that would prevent him from getting to the field. That the difference between Wallace and Denzel. Denzel does things that prevent him from playing, sunshine is premodona, tool, but it doesn't effect his ability to show up and actually play QB for OM.

vCash
    Not this year. We have more talent top to bottom than they do.

vCash
    Here's how it is fellas:

It all starts at QB. That's why it used to drive me nuts when Jackie and Croom tried to make their offense about the running back.

vCash
    How? Really? You think their OL is in better shape? DL? Receiving corps? Or are you just saying Prescott is simply a leader?

Not a flame, but I'm just curious as how you came to this conclusion.
    Last edited by BossDawg; 05-02-2014 at 09:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    How? Really? You think their OL is in better shape? DL? Receiving corps? Or are you just saying Prescott is simply a leader?

I agree. Our D is better. Our RB's are WAY better. They have one great receiver. Our O line is just as good and deeper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post

All of the questions you asked are close enough that Dak makes the difference.

Is their OL as good? Maybe not, but its close
    Is their DL as good? Maybe not, but its close
    Receiving core? Not as deep as our, but their top end could be better.

Dak is more than a leader, he is a really good player that makes your OL and WRs look better than they really are. My opinion is well thought out and objective, if Ole Miss' starting QB was Dak Prescott and MSU's was Bo Wallace, I believe Ole Miss would be better than MSU. Arkansas may be as well.

The great thing is that this is completely hypothetical and doesn't matter. My main point however, is the Dak is a game changer that can take a team to another level.

vCash
    Good topic. College fb is all about the qb. I think dan is a much better developer of qb talent freeze or nutt. Otherwise, Snead/masoli/ brunetti/ would've beaten Relf. All were higher rated recruits. The qbs we have currently wouldn't be near as good @ om either. I think dan would coach up Wallace & liggins better @ msu too.

Here's how it is fellas:

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    Good topic. College fb is all about the qb. I think dan is a much better developer of qb talent freeze or nutt. Otherwise, Snead/masoli/ brunetti/ would've beaten Relf. All were higher rated recruits. The qbs we have currently wouldn't be near as good @ om either. I think dan would coach up Wallace & liggins better @ msu too.
    You realize Freeze has only had Bo Wallace as a QB? And he improved his comp% and cut his turnovers by almost 50%. While Dan has shown he can develop a QB decent enough, I don't think anyone knows what Freeze can do. Nutt shouldn't even be in this conversation...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblyh View Post
    You realize Freeze has only had Bo Wallace as a QB? And he improved his comp% and cut his turnovers by almost 50%. While Dan has shown he can develop a QB decent enough, I don't think anyone knows what Freeze can do. Nutt shouldn't even be in this conversation...
    The whole increased completion percentage thing is so stupid when it comes to Wallace. HE THROWS BUBBLE SCREENS 50% of the time! Of course he is going to have high completion percentage. My mom could have a high completion percentage in that offense. Not all stats are created equal. In the NFL, completion percentage is important because most teams run the same offense. In college, that just isn't the case.

Please for the love of all things holy, stop using completion percentage as a validation for Bo Wallace.

Banned
    vCash
    The whole increased completion percentage thing is so stupid when it comes to Wallace. HE THROWS BUBBLE SCREENS 50% of the time! Of course he is going to have high completion percentage. My mom could have a high completion percentage in that offense. Not all stats are created equal. In the NFL, completion percentage is important because most teams run the same offense. In college, that just isn't the case.

Please for the love of all things holy, stop using completion percentage as a validation for Bo Wallace.
    Who is validating Bo Wallace? The argument was about improvement and development. The bubble screens were present both seasons. If he's developing, he should improve his comp %. I understand its limitations. He also drastically reduced his turnovers. Bo Wallace is an average QB but you can't argue with the fact he improved from year 1 to 2. All these folks saying Freeze can't develop _____ can pump the brakes. He might not be a good developer, but with only two seasons, how would anyone know?