Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This decades football standings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    No. The first decade had 10 years. From 0-1 years is year one. You can't start at 1. From 0 to end of year 9 is 10 years. Where have some of you learned chronological mathematics? You don't start counting free throws and touchdowns after your first one. If that's the case your only have 9, when your stats showed 10. It's not very difficult to understand. I'm not many years graduated, but the things some of you guys just a few years younger than I, makes me fearful of what this nation's youth is going to bring about in the coming years.

ETA: this would be like an employer, starting your payable hours after some point into your work week. Since we start counting at 1, you only worked 39 hours this week. He it??
    "chronological mathematics"? wtf

Don't think about time on a clock starting at 12:00am in the same way as the first year being 1. It's just different. The first year was the first year and at the end of it we began year #2. At the end of the 10th year, we began year #11.

Your payable hours analogy doesn't really apply but i would say the first hour you work in a week adds up to the number 1. the 40th hour is 40. The first 10 hours you worked were hours 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. The second set of 10 hours: 11-20.

ETA: Also, I don't care that Coach technically didn't do the decade correctly. It really doesn't matter. I only replied because of the pompous attitude above.
    Last edited by thedawginme; 04-29-2014 at 04:54 PM. Reason: disclaimer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedawginme View Post
    ETA: Also, I don't care that Coach technically didn't do the decade correctly. It really doesn't matter. I only replied because of the pompous attitude above.

Ditto.

vCash
    Sorry fellas. I didn't mean to spark off a whole debate over dating, even if it is interesting.

I feel like an accidental ---> Troll.jpg
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    No. The first decade had 10 years. From 0-1 years is year one. You can't start at 1. From 0 to end of year 9 is 10 years. Where have some of you learned chronological mathematics? You don't start counting free throws and touchdowns after your first one. If that's the case your only have 9, when your stats showed 10. It's not very difficult to understand. I'm not many years graduated, but the things some of you guys just a few years younger than I, makes me fearful of what this nation's youth is going to bring about in the coming years.

ETA: this would be like an employer, starting your payable hours after some point into your work week. Since we start counting at 1, you only worked 39 hours this week. He it??
    hahaha, the whole point is that there was no year 0 - 1

vCash
    message boards are awesome