Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LSU Game

vCash
    I'm with you on this. I've been fortunate to see MSU play for a final four in basketball, play for a NC in baseball, play for the SEC Champ in football, and have seen them beat every other SEC football team that matters including Bama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, OM countless times, Arkansas, etc. An LSU football win is the one thing I've never seen. Since Mullen, I've always felt that we've had a puncher's chance, but I actually think we win this year. This win...this year...with this team...led by a La Kid...in year 6...would elevate the entire MSU athletic department in ways we've never seen. I think we can do it even if we're -2 in turnover margin.

I don't see LSU losing to Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Since before 2012 season started, I've been saying 2014 was the year. It's time for me to own it. I NEVER predict a win over LSU or Bama, especially at their places....but it happens this year. Prepare thy liver, gentlemen, for we will drink as kings drink in happiness at the end of the LSU game this year.

vCash
    I was at that game. I watched Mullen most of the second half....dude was pumped & focused. The takeaway from that game was to ride the Big Stud RB as Vick was Sick that game and, more or less, put himself on the map that day as a junior. Josh Robinson will be a junior this year. Same size, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Sooooooo, could this be @UF 2010 all over again? No one gave us a shot in that game either.

vCash
    Most likely, their best RB/QB/WR will all be true freshman. I could see these 3 getting alot of media hype and attention, more so than OM's big 3 last year. I guess it really boils down to how good the QB is, but his HS offense was pretty versatile so he may not be completely "green" heading into Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroons View Post
    Go back and read some of Russ Mitchell's tweets from last week if you really want to get wooly about this game.

No passing game whatsoever and relying on an incoming FR RB. Average secondary and much weaker in the front 7 on D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statefan View Post
    The buzz around this game will be insane if LSU stumbles against Wisconsin in their opener and we smash all of our opponents leading up to it
    Wisconsin returns even less than LSU does this year. Per Phil Steele, they only have 9 starters returning.....6 on offense and 3 on defense. So LSU is getting them at a pretty good time.

Banned
    vCash
    If we're ever going to beat LSU in Baton Rouge, this is the year. Would set up a possible titanic and Gameday type matchup with Auburn in the Cow Pasture.

vCash
    I'm going to let you guys in on a secret. This game is in the bag. I've been moving recently and in the course of unpacking stuff I found my LSU ticket stub from the 1999 game. For those of you who may not remember, that is the last time we beat LSU. Now I don't save stubs (unless from bowl games) and I haven't found any others from other games. I have no idea how it got in that box saved for 15 years and 6 moves but it's a sign. We beat them this year. Book it. Done.

vCash
    I just want to beat them. I have no LSU family, nobody to give me hell if we lose. I just can't stand them. Any team that has a fanbase where someone thinks its cook to dress up like a purple batman and go to the game is just not right in the head. I don't care if LSU is horrible this year and just completely implodes and everybody says we beat them on a down year. DO. NOT. CARE. I just want some drunk Cajun to almost choke on a crawfish tail when the clock ticks down to 00:00 and we have more points on the scoreboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Since before 2012 season started, I've been saying 2014 was the year. It's time for me to own it. I NEVER predict a win over LSU or Bama, especially at their places....but it happens this year. Prepare thy liver, gentlemen, for we will drink as kings drink in happiness at the end of the LSU game this year.
    Not calling it yet, but ending the streak in BR would sweet, ironic, thumbs up, and any other appropriate description you can pick. Interesting that with the manner of the 1999 win, the last time we beat them and left no doubt was in BR in 1991.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statefan View Post
    The buzz around this game will be insane if LSU stumbles against Wisconsin in their opener and we smash all of our opponents leading up to it
    Good grief no!!! It'll be almost like a setup! Let them beat the hell out of everybody they play and pay us no heed. If we're both 3-0 going in they're still be enough media attention paid to the fact **Cough** hasn't beaten them yet. Let's best them at 3-0 and leave no excuses for their folks and the media to make.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    I'll call your in-laws and raise you an LSU wife and my dad.

I grew up in Natchez (New Orleans on the Hill) where all LSU people go to die or open a business and otherwise polute the whole town with their arrogance. LSU fans outnumber Dogs and Rebels 10-1. ***The traitorus scum don't know what state they live in***

I made a comment some time back how I personally believe half of all LSU fans have never set foot in Louisiana except for Mardi Gras and 1/4 have never set foot in Louisiana at all. Only 25% or so are "real" and would still be LSU fans if they suddenly averaged 10 wins every 5 years instead of 1.

So, I'll raise you almost everyone I grew up with and almost all local (down there) friends of the family!! Oh, and there's a great uncle who was a professor at LSU, his wife, daughter...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dparker View Post
    I'm going to let you guys in on a secret. This game is in the bag. I've been moving recently and in the course of unpacking stuff I found my LSU ticket stub from the 1999 game. For those of you who may not remember, that is the last time we beat LSU. Now I don't save stubs (unless from bowl games) and I haven't found any others from other games. I have no idea how it got in that box saved for 15 years and 6 moves but it's a sign. We beat them this year. Book it. Done.
    I'm going with this guy's theory. Magic may be the only way we beat them and we know they already have voo doo on their side.