Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BearShark's OL may be getting a little thinner.

vCash
    Freeze says that his grandfathers are sick and he wants to be closer to home and that the transfer is not a done deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    What happened to Hooks.????
    I was missing an important comma. Morgan is the one that left; both Moore and Hooks are still there, just not as good as advertised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    That class looks very top-heavy now- although they may have a few more good prospects who redshirted that we don't know about.

The more you think about it, was UM's 2013 really all that much better than our 2013 class? Their top 5 are really good, but I think our depth is significantly better.
    I know about everyone they signed in the 2013 class. I'm sure some redshirted, but they will have to be much better than their recruiting ranking in order to elevate the class. What I'm saying is that now, outside of the top 4, they don't have a lot of players from that class who were all that highly-rated. And two of the ones that were and did play did not look good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    ...he'll just have to go JUCO for a year....
    Buddy Stevens likes Engie's idea.
    The Plantation has never won an SEC regular season Championship in ANY men's sport with an integrated team. That defines irrelevance.

vCash
    What's the story on Christian Morgan? I guess I missed that one

vCash
    Hmm I was thinking TSUN would beat Boise State pretty easy, now im not so sure
    News Report, "Mississippi State Quarterback Michael Hening Tried To Throw Himself Off Of Davis-Wade Stadium But He Was Intercepted And Ran Back For A Touchdown"

vCash
    Things could get really bad really quick for them. Thin OL allows Wallace to get hurt, then its two redshirt freshmen in line. But they are both 4 *'s, so all is well. ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slickdawg View Post
    Well, everyone thought they were razor thin in 2012, they managed to get through it and made it to a bowl.
    We had the same type luck in 2010 and then it ran out in 2011. It's not unheard of to make it through a year without any significant OL injuries, but it's not something you want your season depending on. I sure wish we had another OT we could count on right now.

vCash
    I'm not worried about us

Clausell and Malone will be good OT's. Senior is a solid back-up and Warren will continue to get better
    Beckwith and Clayborn are good guards and Flowers had a great Spring...Jocquell Johnson will factor in somewhere

I worry more about Day staying healthy than anyone...losing him would cause some problems
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Im sure they are trying to pool some money to get him "happy" to be in Oxford. They know the consequence of losing him and they will make damn sure they do everything to keep him there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'm not worried about us

Clausell and Malone will be good OT's. Senior is a solid back-up and Warren will continue to get better
    Beckwith and Clayborn are good guards and Flowers had a great Spring...Jocquell Johnson will factor in somewhere

I worry more about Day staying healthy than anyone...losing him would cause some problems
    We will have, using last year's numbers, the 30th most(starting) experienced OL in the country...

vCash
    Couple injuries to the OL and they are ****ed
    same can be said for us. Tackle has me nervous. One or two injuries at either OT position for us could spell disaster.

But you're right - they may ask CBS to throw 500 bubble screens this year if another OL goes down.

vCash
    I read something on Nafoom where one of the posters was saying the coaching staff had to go to his house in January and beg him to come back after Christmas break. That doesn't sound like a sick relative. That sounds like a "Man, what the 17 was I thinking signing with this dump of a program?". If he does indeed leave the program and then if - or when - Tunsil gets hurt that offensive line is not going to be able to stop anybody. It won't matter of CBS has a miraculous healing of his shoulder allowing him to launch it 70 yards in the air because his WR's won't have time to get 5 yards downfield before the defensive line is making a personal acquaintence with him. And with no decent running threat to take the pressure off...you know since they didn't need a big power back like Aeris because they had their 5'9" 180 lbs backs...it could spell a long season offensively.

vCash
    I don't mean to be an ass, but how many other college athletes do you think have sick grandparents? It's just a fact of life that old people get sick and pass. I may be insensitive because I never got the opportunity to meet any of my grandparents before they passed but is this really a reason to transfer schools? Our starting QB had a mother back in LA who was fighting for her life the entire time Dak was at college but he stuck it out here for his teammates and his University. Couldn't be more proud of Dak.

Banned
    vCash
    What's the verdict? Is he gone? Is he not?

vCash
    Couple injuries to the OL and they are ****ed

We would be too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We would be too.
    Not near as bad.. they were razor thin before this..
    I don't think it is given that the juco kid Cooper will get in school.. If he doesn't it just got real serious..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    Freeze says that his grandfathers are sick and he wants to be closer to home and that the transfer is not a done deal.
    No one uses the sick grandfather excuse more than Ole Miss. Whether it's for players coming or going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    Im sure they are trying to pool some money to get him "happy" to be in Oxford. They know the consequence of losing him and they will make damn sure they do everything to keep him there.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    same can be said for us. Tackle has me nervous. One or two injuries at either OT position for us could spell disaster.

But you're right - they may ask CBS to throw 500 bubble screens this year if another OL goes down.
    I bet Ole Miss would take Damien Robinson right now.