Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BearShark's OL may be getting a little thinner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    I wonder if Freeze's offense caught a lot of people off guard at first though.

I think it did for sure. Then teams figured out all you have to do is jam the receivers at the line and take away the screen pass, make Bro beat you down field, which he can't do.

vCash
    Yep... They are melting... And rightly so...

That's the one position that they absolutely could not afford to lose anybody...

vCash
    wow.. Kid is committed to FSU for over a year. One visit to Oxford and signs with Bears. Year later he is gone. Could have been on a National Championship team with probably 4 years left to play.
    Almost as bad as a decision as another Golson that didn't take the 7 figures to play baseball for the red sox..
    You think both Golson's may want a Do-Over.....??????

Banned
    vCash
    Closer to home says SB Nation? Not sure how he's going to accomplish that, Alabama and Auburn aren't going to get him. Florida State probably won't either. So exactly how is he going to accomplish this? The 'home' excuse sounds like damage control on the rebel front to me.

vCash
    Auburn will probably take him...he'll just have to go JUCO for a year...

It's not hard for 4* OTs to find a home...

vCash
    Interesting. I'm sure the tsun nation will say his replacement is so much better-maybe even an All American. They will keep the spin going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    Interesting. I'm sure the tsun nation will say his replacement is so much better-maybe even an All American. They will keep the spin going.
    Not on this one...

vCash
    Agreed. They are on suicide watch right now on their boards. Jonestown style.

vCash
    Not only does this clearly hurt them for this year and the next couple of years, but it also puts another hole in that 2013 class. They also lost Christian Morgan and Kailo Moore and Lavon Hooks look like they aren't nearly as good as advertised. So now, outside of the top 4 (who are all legitimate talents), their top players from that class are Mark Dodson, Devante Kincaide, and....Derrick Jones? Jordan Wilkins? Ryan Buchanan? Davion Johnson?

Those top 4 are great talents and good enough that their recruiting class should still be considered very good overall, but I don't understand why people are saying, 'Ole Miss has tons of talent and is ready to break out'. They basically have typical Ole Miss talent except for those 4 guys. I guess some just see that their class was top 5 in 2013 and assume it was loaded all the way through. In reality, they got 4 #1 guys and it was somewhat top-heavy then; now it's definitely very top-heavy.

vCash
    maybe Coach Davis at Co-Lin can get on this kid..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Not only does this clearly hurt them for this year and the next couple of years, but it also puts another hole in that 2013 class. They also lost Christian Morgan and Kailo Moore and Lavon Hooks look like they aren't nearly as good as advertised. So now, outside of the top 4 (who are all legitimate talents), their top players from that class are Mark Dodson, Devante Kincaide, and....Derrick Jones? Jordan Wilkins? Ryan Buchanan? Davion Johnson?

Those top 4 are great talents and good enough that their recruiting class should still be considered very good overall, but I don't understand why people are saying, 'Ole Miss has tons of talent and is ready to break out'. They basically have typical Ole Miss talent except for those 4 guys. I guess some just see that their class was top 5 in 2013 and assume it was loaded all the way through. In reality, they got 4 #1 guys and it was somewhat top-heavy then; now it's definitely very top-heavy.
    What happened to Hooks.????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Couple injuries to the OL and they are ****ed
    That's true, but that would be the case for a large % of the teams in the SEC (including us)...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    Like engie said, not this time. An example from a "respected" Spirit poster:

"Think Freeze can draw up an effective offense...
    ... That only uses three offensive linemen?

My expectations for the season just went way down. Sure, it's only one player. But, boy... was it ever an important one."

vCash
    This is the second former FSU commit to leave olemiss soon after they get to campus. Golson was the number three tackle prospect in the country and played quite a bit last year as a true freshman, so playing time is definitely not an issue in this case. I'm starting to wonder if oxford and olemiss are actually the wonderful places that I have been led to believe they are. Something is up in o-town.

vCash
    Thin OL will be their ready made excuse if they underachieve.

Why the heck would anyone leave the most prestigious football program in NCAA history***???
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash

Top heavy things tend to fall over rather easily.

vCash
    Yancy says they didn't want him anyway

vCash
    The check bounced
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash

That class looks very top-heavy now- although they may have a few more good prospects who redshirted that we don't know about.

The more you think about it, was UM's 2013 really all that much better than our 2013 class? Their top 5 are really good, but I think our depth is significantly better.

vCash
    I guess Robert D better learn some offensive line skills now.