Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John Cohen should be dubbed "the recruiter"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Man, you love to ban people. It's just his opinion and frankly, it's an opinion that makes a lot of sense. I went to MLB game day and they had runners at 1st and 2nd with no one out and they didn't bunt. And it was a tie game. I didn't know that was allowed.

Following the game on twitter, I wondered out loud why we brought in Gentry over Bracewell. Next thing I know, bases clearing double. And we see what Humphrey's can do. It's such a shame his AB's have been limited to this point.
    Who was the batter? That's probably your answer why they didn't bunt.

I could understand bringing in Gentry. We had the game today, a game Tuesday, and then Thurs., Fri., Sat. Cohen probably wanted to save Ben for the Governor's Cup start- and Gentry didn't perform forcing us to bring Ben in. Also- Holder had thrown 80 something pitches and Lindgren had thrown 60 something pitches two days before. Gentry has to perform there, and he simply didn't. In his defense, it was a really tough situation. ALL of those factors that I mentioned have to be taken into account when you are managing a bullpen. Which is why I L.O.L. Will about his comment about all managers have to do is just sit there and let the players play. If it really was that easy, MLB teams wouldn't pay someone a million plus dollars to manage. They would either hire some old team legend like Hank Aaron as a figurehead or they wouldn't have them at all. It would be like a player captain doing everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Oh I agree too. Thought it was stupid to bunt when we did. But...did Collins get yanked for missing a sign or taken out for rest? I don't know. That being said Will just goes overboard when everyone knows what he's about to post. So predictable.
    The missed sign is total speculation on my part. Heck, maybe he bunted because he was tired and he felt like he couldn't get a good swing on the ball. Who knows? Like I said, it's unusual for us to bunt when we're down by three.

The bunt was odd, taking Collins out when he did even if he was tired was odd, it was just all around weird. But that's what makes it fun right?

vCash
    As much as I wish Collins had been in the game those last 2 AB's that Randolph had , if he did miss the sign there and bunted then bravo to Cohen for yanking his ass. Send a message. Its too long into the season to be making these mistakes. Hell just use your baseball common sense. If I had been batting and saw what I thought was the bunt sign down 3 late in the game I would have stepped out of the box and told Mingione to roll thru the signs again or hell call time and go talk to him. I am sure Mizzu wasn't expecting the bunt so its not like we were going to tip or hand..

vCash
    I haven't read a thing that #our**** has said since last season. Let the fing **** hang around. He's invisible to me so who gives a 17. #idiotsactlikewill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    Sure willjames is a fing ****, but he is our fing ****. Besides, who else would shine Lindgren's knob everyday??? willjames, that's who.
    You should look at the stats Nox. Will calls it like it is with this team.

When some people on this board dog cuss players noone calls them out or says they should be banned.

Just because Will knows more about the game then you is not a reason to hate!

The last time I checked this was a forum and everyone is entitled to express opinions. Even you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefthandersrule View Post

When some people on this board dog cuss players noone calls them out or says they should be banned.

The last time I checked this was a forum and everyone is entitled to express opinions. Even you.

Will knows how to read stats, that doesn't mean he knows ANYTHING about the game and WHY the situational results equal those stats.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Will knows how to read stats, that doesn't mean he knows ANYTHING about the game and WHY the situational results equal those stats.
    The use of examples is always beneficial when making asinine statements.

vCash
    It's not your opinion that bothers folks, it's your bitching about every play on every game when we are losing!

I never read where you say something positive about Cohen, you can hate him but to continue on and on is retarded! Use some logic or just quit bitching about every play that you don't like!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    It's not your opinion that bothers folks, it's your bitching about every play on every game when we are losing!

I never read where you say something positive about Cohen, you can hate him but to continue on and on is retarded! Use some logic or just quit bitching about every play that you don't like!
    He's a hell of a recruiter.

During the GAME THREAD I point out where we mess up in the GAME. Also where we are doing great. Others can say why things aren't good or didnt work, I add in the "why" it was bad or stupid.

vCash

Wow, that flew right over your head

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthandersrule View Post

I was the first person in the thread that said he should NOT be banned.

He is definitely irritating to say the least but that's no reason for bannination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    He's a hell of a recruiter.

During the GAME THREAD I point out where we mess up in the GAME. Also where we are doing great. Others can say why things aren't good or didnt work, I add in the "why" it was bad or stupid.
    Right cause you are a know it all and know WHY it doesn't work every time. According to you it's always on Cohen.