Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Leo Lewis commits to Alabama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    As good as Leo is and he might be great in college. There are 3 guys in Mississippi that we need more than him.
    Peters
    Patterson
    Nelson
    Scratch Patterson.... not too hopeful on that one. Input Dear.... and I understand there's character issues there, but hell he's a 4*.... isn't that all that matters? ****

vCash
    I'm not sure about the character issues on Dear, I haven't heard anything other than innuendo based on his social media, and it seems like most of that was misunderstanding.

And who is Nelson? Is that Fletcher Adams?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    The difference is.... Saban sells these kids on the fact that they will be in the NFL after their 3rd season at Bama. We don't sell recruits that.... we sell education and family atmosphere. And that's why these kids go to Alabama with the NFL mentality because it is recruited into their heads. Some kids fall for it and some don't.

Look at McAdory High (which is 45 minutes from Tuscaloosa).... we got Dez Harris and Cory Thomas from there. Hell, De'Runnya Wilson is from just south of B'ham as well. We didn't get these guys because we were lucky or because Auburn or Alabama didn't want them. We got them because of what the coaches sold them. Why do you think Beniquez Brown chose us over Auburn? I like our coaches approach.... it brings in quality players. Look at OM.... look at the type of players they bring in. Georgia is the same way. Besides, you guys realize this is the first 4 or 5* player Alabama has taken from Mississippi since 2011 and his name is Malcolm Faciane.... who? Exactly
    There is a lot more to it than that. Alabama, especially for kids in the South, sells itself for the most part although admittedly Saban is one of the best recruiters out there. They will always have players though regardless because there are a lot of HS football players that grow up in the South wanting to one day wear that Crimson Tide jersey. That's why Bama can have reasonably successful teams even when they hire incompetent coaches like Dubose and Shula. We don't have that factor, so that is something we have to fight if we are indeed recruiting a kid that Bama also wants. If we were to hire a Dubose or Shula we would be fortunate if they even got as good of results as Croom did.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 04-21-2014 at 11:17 PM.

vCash
    Bama wins bc they care more. That's an indictment.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So you believe there is something magical about Alabama football, and that if any other school happened to pay and convince the same players to come to their school, they would not be as successful as Alabama?

Please provide logic and an explanation to your response
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I'm not sure about the character issues on Dear, I haven't heard anything other than innuendo based on his social media, and it seems like most of that was misunderstanding.

And who is Nelson? Is that Fletcher Adams?
    yeah sorry Adams...

Banned
    vCash
    I just don't get it with MSU fans. We are all OK with dogging Ole Miss, but the minute that anyone points out that only reason Alabama is good, is because of their recruiting, or that MSU offers the same schedule, NFL opportunity, and general opportunities as Alabama, we get people that are ignorant about how stuff actually works, coming to their defense.

Alabama is a myth, the Yankees are a myth, the Miami Heat are a myth, Kentucky basketball is a myth, and the Lakers are a myth. These teams are typically only good because they have better players, and they have better players because they convinced someone to go there because they won in the past. Do you not see the stupid self fulfilling cycle here folks?

1. Alabama win in the 60s and 70s

2. Idiots say, "can't blame a kid for going to Bama because they win."

3. Kid goes to Alabama because they win

4. Alabama wins because the kid went there

5. Wash repeat. Alabama wins forever because no one is willing to point out how ridiculous the cycle is, and why it's stupid and if any school in the country got Bama's players, they would be good.

I get it when states and universities having pride about winning with home grown talent, but Louisville and Kentucky talk about how great they are when no starter on either team is actually from the state of Kentucky. Where is the pride in that? Why does Leo Lewis care about Alabama, when he is from Mississippi?

These are rhetorical questions that I don't need an idiot answering for me, but when you actually think about the logic used in recruiting decisions, it makes you wonder.
    Absolutely awesome. One of the best, and most true, posts on the subject that I've ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Bama wins bc they care more. That's an indictment.
    Oh please. They may have cared more in the past, but that isn't the case anymore. However, caring more in the past, or at least making the right decisions in the past, has put them in a position where they have more resources and more built-in advantages than we do.

We can't suddenly say, 'We care to the degree Alabama does,' and success just comes to us the same way. It doesn't work like that. Alabama has built a bigger fanbase, and the resources will continue to be at their disposal much more than to the degree we have access to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Scratch Patterson.... not too hopeful on that one. Input Dear.... and I understand there's character issues there, but hell he's a 4*.... isn't that all that matters? ****

I wish people would quit spouting this shit, even if it is an inside joke. The problem is that not everyone knows the inside joke. ****!

vCash
    You know, at 17 and 18 years of age, it is easy to get blinded by the bright lights and flare of a program like Alabama. Most of them probably do not look at draft reports or follow the NFL draft. If they did, I wonder what they would say when they read about Alabama players coming into the league with significant injury questions because Nick Saban forces you to play injured? There is also a general feeling that Alabama players come into the league already maxed out as far as their ability goes. I don't think that is the case with everyone that comes out of there, but there are a lot of players from Alabama that just do not pan out in the NFL.

vCash
    No.

Oh please. They may have cared more in the past, but that isn't the case anymore.
    Last edited by TUSK; 04-21-2014 at 11:17 AM.

No.

vCash
    In Alabama's case I think a lot of kids, especially out-of-staters, are committing to Saban more than they are to the program. Saban has a little bit of a mystique about him right now. If Nick Saban showed up at practice at a Mississippi high school it may shut down practice. Jimbo Fisher just beat Gus Malzahn for the national championship and if both those guys showed up at a practice I'm not sure most of the players would know who they are.

vCash
    Oh please. They may have cared more in the past, but that isn't the case anymore.
    Gotta disagree with you here.....I feel like the Bama fans absolutely care more than almost any other fanbase. I mean, they have 73k at this years spring game and that is considered a huge disappointment because they typically have 90,000+. I think that it would be almost impossible to make a legitimate argument that the MSU fanbase, as a whole, cares just as much as the Bama fanbase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    No.
    You mean white trash care more, right?

Because I'm pretty sure everyone in this board cares just as much about MSU than any Bama alum cares about Bama. Sure, it looks like Bama cares more when your much of your uneducated white trash fanbase does something dumb, but they do that because they are uneducated white trash. You just happen to have a stranglehold on the front runner, trashy segment of the population. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but don't say Bama cares more when the examples are uneducated white trash that has nothing else going for them.

vCash

Because I'm pretty sure everyone in this board cares just as much about MSU than any Bama alum cares about Bama. Sure, it looks like Bama cares more when your much of your uneducated white trash fanbase does something dumb, but they do that because they are uneducated white trash. You just happen to have a stranglehold on the front runner, trashy segment of the population. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but don't say Bama cares more when the examples are uneducated white trash that has nothing else going for them.
    Thanks for that, I enjoyed it. It wasn't until I went to a game in Tuscaloosa that I realized that the majority of Alabama's fanbase is just a bunch of hillbillies who will spend a month's pay on giant tattoos of the Bear and Saban for their backs and chests. And that's just the women.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Gotta disagree with you here.....I feel like the Bama fans absolutely care more than almost any other fanbase. I mean, they have 73k at this years spring game and that is considered a huge disappointment because they typically have 90,000+. I think that it would be almost impossible to make a legitimate argument that the MSU fanbase, as a whole, cares just as much as the Bama fanbase.
    Alabama has a bigger fanbase, and that is largely due to the fact that they've been successful. Those are the results of winning, they're not causes of it.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash

Please, do not call someone else stupid if you cannot form a coherent sentence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    They scheduled their spring game on Easter weekend.... that's why attendance was down

vCash
    I'd say every segment of the bammer fan base cares more. From white trash trailer dwellers on up to the Logan Youngs ilk.

And please don't delude yourself into thinking all schools don't have some of each. Bammer just has more people of all kinds that have skewed financial priorities.

Last edited by TUSK; 04-21-2014 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Don't text and drive!

No.

vCash
    Yancy is already claiming how Lewis, Marquell Harell (who he had all his followers believing was an ole miss lock and then he committed to auburn a couple days ago) and Linton are all gonna flip to ole miss.