Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leo Lewis commits to Alabama

vCash

Leo Lewis commits to Alabama

Nm

vCash
    OMG signing date is just around the... oh wait.
    Last edited by dogshiek; 04-19-2014 at 06:25 PM.

vCash
    He didn't have a commitable offer.***

vCash
    Not surprised...he's a good un
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Jimmy johns guys. That's who's been in his ear. Helluva role model to look up to. Sure hope he doesn't get like glanton got johns. Buy you a Toyota in Brookhaven from jimmy johns.

vCash
    Very disappointed with this, and kids growing up in Mississippi wanting leave. Leo, your state needs you and will offer you the same opportunity of getting to the NFL as Alabama. Very disappointing.

vCash
    One thing to remember fellas, let this play out and stay positive. This is very disappointing, and I think most of us are very sick of the myth that is Alabama football and this perception that they "produce" more players than anyone else. In actuality it is a front runner program.

MSU must stay positive and relentlessly recruit Leo till the end. If we lock up Peters, Adams, and Dear, we will have peers in his ear for the next year persuading him to come to MSU. Let it play out.

vCash
    For those that don't follow recruiting that close who is Leo Lewis? Was he thought to be a lock for state?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark View Post
    For those that don't follow recruiting that close who is Leo Lewis? Was he thought to be a lock for state?
    LB from Brookhaven that was thought to be a Bama-State battle

It's hard to blame a kid that wants to play defense for Saban...hate to see him leave but that is part of it. We just have to keep working on the rest

vCash
    Not that surprising but is surprising that its this soon.. Figured he would be NSD commit or close to it
    I wonder what excuse Mr David had... Maybe he can interview the mom and get the "real story"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RBritt View Post
    Jimmy johns guys. That's who's been in his ear. Helluva role model to look up to. Sure hope he doesn't get like glanton got johns. Buy you a Toyota in Brookhaven from jimmy johns.
    I'm the biggest MSU fan there is. But how can you fault a guy for choosing Alabama over anybody? Be disappointed but don't be petty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDogFather View Post
    I'm the biggest MSU fan there is. But how can you fault a guy for choosing Alabama over anybody? Be disappointed but don't be petty.
    I respectfully disagree. When you are a Mississippi kid and your in state schools offer the same opportunities, it is very disappointing.

Remember, the reason Bama is good is because they get kids like Leo Lewis to go there. There is no magical water in Tuscaloosa. It is all about players.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-19-2014 at 07:07 PM.

vCash
    RBritt is extremely close to the situation...he is telling it like it is

vCash

Yeah, I mean there's nothing like being a highly rated recruit and go to Bama and sit

your ass on the bench for a couple of three years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RBritt View Post
    Why any kid would look up to or listen to Jimmy Johns is amazing to me.

Johns is just like the guy we all know. He made poor decisions in life, and instead of admitting his poor decisions, he decided to wait till the perfect opportunity to give everyone who said he made a poor decision, the middle finger. Just remember Jimmy, getting Leo to Bama doesn't make up for your bad career. You stink as a player and made poor life decisions.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-19-2014 at 07:13 PM.

vCash
    Stinks, but we'll stay after him, and hopefully we can at least pull Caban. If we do, I don't consider it a huge loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Why any kid would look up to or listen to Jimmy Johns is amazing to me.
    Well, I totally agree with this because Jimmy Johns proved himself to be a dumbass that had a lot of personal issues. But, I will admit, that while we offer a great opportunity we don't currently offer kids a chance to play for the national championship and Bama does. Hopefully at some point under Mullen we will but we've still got a long ways to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I respectfully disagree. When you are a Mississippi kid and your in state schools offer the same opportunities, it is very disappointing.

Remember, the reason Bama is good is because they get kids like Leo Lewis to go there. There is no magical water in Tuscaloosa. It is all about players.
    To say that MSU football offers all the same opportunities to a HS football prospect as Alabama football and those opportunities are equal is just not true. I hate to say it as much as any MSU fan.

vCash
    I agree -- really really hard to fault a kid for going to Bama.

vCash
    To say that MSU football offers all the same opportunities to a HS football prospect as Alabama football and those opportunities are equal is just not true. I hate to say it as much as any MSU fan.
    So why does the NFL pull players from butt**** state instead of just signing the entire sr class from Alabama every year?

At stud that comes to MSU has all the NFL chances as a guy that goes to Bama. NFL scouts are not swayed by prestige or football polls.