Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Engie....on the baseball stadium......

Banned
    vCash

Engie....on the baseball stadium......

I read that thread on 6-pack, and if you are trying to correlate winning championships to arms races (stadium and facilities), you're going to get worked.

2013: UCLA plays in a shit hole that seats like 41 people
    2012: Arizona plays at freaking Hi Corbett Field
    2011 and 2010: Do you really think South Carolina's program was built at Carolina Stadium? Go research Ray Tanner. Notice they played for the title in 2002 or somewhere around there.
    2009: LSU, it has been pointed out that their program was not built at Alex Box
    2008: Fresno, WTF
    2007 and 2006: Oregon State. Goss Stadium baby, Jackson Prep would be jealous
    2005: Texas - here's your first real nice stadium, but shit, they are Texas
    Can't remember any further

Look, a new baseball stadium will be nice. I'm all for it if they want to do it. I most definitely want it to be more friendly to casual fans and students. But let's not act like Dudy Noble is holding us back. It helps more than it hurts, I assure you of this.

I will say this - maybe it will be about the arms race going forward. I personally think it's all about fan support. Whatever it takes to keep that part high, I'm all for it.
    Last edited by Goat Holder; 04-17-2014 at 09:41 AM.

vCash
    You just jumped out of the boat and missed the water.

Congrats, Goat -- as usual...

Banned
    vCash
    No, I didn't. You contradicted yourself. I was attempting to be nice to you and let you know the error of what you said without actually saying it.

vCash
    We're going to build a new stadium. For the life of me, I can't understand why this bothers people
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    I want to understand why people say we HAVE to have this thing, and have to have it now.

vCash
    my concern is them messing up the LFL.

How do you screw up the #1 place in America to watch a baseball game? You "fix" it.

vCash
    why do we have to have a new stadium? why can't they just make improvements to what we have?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    my concern is them messing up the LFL.

How do you screw up the #1 place in America to watch a baseball game? You "fix" it.

THIS.....ALL DAY LONG !!!!!!!!!!
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    why do we have to have a new stadium? why can't they just make improvements to what we have?
    This topic has been beaten to its absolute death. The question is not, do we have to have a new stadium? The question is, will it be better for us? The answer to that is undoubtedly yes, I don't know how anyone could question that.

There is nothing sacred about Dudy Noble Field. We had plenty of success before it was ever built, and it is now behind the times. The thing that makes State baseball special is the fans, and they aren't going anywhere. It isn't the stadium, it isn't the current structures in the LFL, it is the fans, plain and simple.

So if we have the ability to couple that with the best facility in the country, why not do it?

vCash
    I guess then I'm with Hack...I just would hate seeing the LFL screwed up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    I guess then I'm with Hack...I just would hate seeing the LFL screwed up.
    As long as it doesn't go away, how would you screw it up? People act like building some permanent structures out there completely changes it. As long as the fans keep showing up and doing what they do, it will remain the same.

If you just had the current structures out there with no people on them, it would suck. Similarly, if you have different structures but with the same people, it won't suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    No, I didn't. You contradicted yourself. I was attempting to be nice to you and let you know the error of what you said without actually saying it.
    No, I didn't. You are just too stupid to understand what was a very simple point -- as evidenced by the fact you can't even respond to me on a board that is damn near impossible to get banned on -- yet you do -- on the reg.

Nowhere did I say a new stadium was a 100% precursor to us winning. I said it was a precursor to us "being the Jones's" again. Those are two different things -- and if you made an effort to be anything other than the biggest dumbass in MSU message board history -- you could easily see that.

But, hey, I still think the concrete of Dudy Noble is sacred and untouchable** Only took you how many years of arguing with me on that fact to accept reality? Yet YOU know what you are talking about**

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    The thing that makes State baseball special is the fans, and they aren't going anywhere. It isn't the stadium, it isn't the current structures in the LFL, it is the fans, plain and simple.
    In that same breath, why do we need a new stadium? After all, it's the fans not the stadium (and I agree). Why the huge push for a brand new stadium when we're still a top facility and the consensus NUMBER ONE venue to watch a college baseball game?

40 million dollars doesn't grow on trees, I don't care what network deal we get or what any other young, entitled spoiled brat thinks we deserve. If we have all this money, why do they keep the Bulldog Club open? Seems like chump change to me. Oh.....I know why. Because all that money from the networks is going to the price of doing business in the SEC - salaries, ALL facilities (not just baseball), etc. We're not going to have bags of cash laying around.

vCash
    the LFL has a culture about it. That's what makes it special. It's not the lack of a permanent structure or the current rigs that are out there. It's the people and the comradity that make it special. The problem becomes that if you take away the old school rigs, the people will not be happy. If the people are not happy, they will not return by the thousands every weekend to partake in something that's unique and special. lose the rigs, lose the fans, lose the comradity.

And for anyone saying DNF is not sacred, you're wrong. it's sacred to thousands of fans.

vCash
    the LFL has a culture about it. That's what makes it special. It's not the lack of a permanent structure or the current rigs that are out there. It's the people and the comradity that make it special. The problem becomes that if you take away the old school rigs, the people will not be happy. If the people are not happy, they will not return by the thousands every weekend to partake in something that's unique and special. lose the rigs, lose the fans, lose the comradity.

And for anyone saying DNF is not sacred, you're wrong. it's sacred to thousands of fans.
    So, it should be left alone to wither away then?

Sorry -- I disagree with 100% of what you said here.

And they aren't going to mess up LFL.

Banned
    vCash
    You turn into a flat out ****** when you get proven wrong.

vCash

its unknown what the fans would do but I agree it would hurt the atmosphere if the rigs go away and they become built in structures instead of rigs. Not to mention if they jump the price too high.

The rigs are special because they are owned and are individual to the people who sit on them and made them. its about the special touches of individualism and history that everyone who sits out there loves. Its the friendships you have made with your neighboring rigs (even if its a Frat), It's your home at the ballpark.

Scott better not **** it up.
    Change is coming though.

vCash
    I want to understand why people say we HAVE to have this thing, and have to have it now.
    I LOVE MSU baseball. I got engaged in the RF lounge. I sat in some shitastic bleachers on Saturday where I couldn't see home plate. The bleachers is either not seeing home plate or having a horrible crick in your neck from being twisted the entire game. If you don't sit in the chairbacks or actually know someone who has a rig in the outfield, Dudy Noble sucks to actually watch a game. Especially since 99.9% of people that don't have a chairback can't sit there.

This is like trying to put paint on a car that doesn't have AC or a radio but you love it because you got laid in the backseat. New people thinks your car sucks, a paint job won't change that.

I don't know how anyone that has ever sat in the bleachers thinks the stadium can be fixed without TNT.

vCash
    We need a new stadium because we need more chair backs and to get rid of those awful bleachers.

Only thing LFL needs is to become more safe

Thats the bottom line
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    You turn into a flat out ****** when you get proven wrong.
    "Proven wrong"? Hilarious.

You turn into a flat moron when proven stupid. Then again -- that doesn't require my assistance...