Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Cohen

vCash

Thanks Cohen

I'm still running into LSU fans that are talking shit about this past weekend. Monday was unbearable, then I see a whole new flock of them on Tuesday. This morning I ran into one that I haven't seen in months. His first words were, "what happened this weekend?"

17 you Cohen. Just 17 you!

vCash
    We get it, you're overly emotional and irrational because you're around LSU fans.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We get it, you're overly emotional and irrational because you're around LSU fans.
    No. He's catching shit at work because we have a bunch of *****, Punchin Judy hitters who have either not been taught proper mechanics or do not listen to our coaches who MAY be teaching it. This falls solely on the coach. Period. A good mechanics teaching coach could take Pirtle and turn him into a 4-8 HR guy over 50 games. Wes Rae would have 10+ on a bad year with proper mechanics. Detz would be pushing 10 HR. There wouldn't be a guy on our team that wouldn't have the ability to drive the ball in either gap, with proper teaching. I've seen it happen with my own two eyes. It sometimes takes a good bit of work but you can turn any sized hitter into a power threat, with the right swing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    No. He's catching shit at work because we have a bunch of *****, Punchin Judy hitters who have either not been taught proper mechanics or do not listen to our coaches who MAY be teaching it. This falls solely on the coach. Period. A good mechanics teaching coach could take Pirtle and turn him into a 4-8 HR guy over 50 games. Wes Rae would have 10+ on a bad year with proper mechanics. Detz would be pushing 10 HR. There wouldn't be a guy on our team that wouldn't have the ability to drive the ball in either gap, with proper teaching. I've seen it happen with my own two eyes. It sometimes takes a good bit of work but you can turn any sized hitter into a power threat, with the right swing.
    We should have hire you as our coach ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Our fans are the absolute worst.

vCash
    No coach in America could get Pirtle to hit 8 bombs with a BBCOR bat. Let's just be serious for a moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I'm still running into LSU fans that are talking shit about this past weekend. Monday was unbearable, then I see a whole new flock of them on Tuesday. This morning I ran into one that I haven't seen in months. His first words were, "what happened this weekend?"

17 you Cohen. Just 17 you!
    Payback is a bitch in June...

vCash
    Jesus Christ.

vCash
    Well then perhaps we don't want certain hitters to turn into HR hitters? You can take a guy like Pirtle and get him to hit some more HRs, but in return he will be a worse hitter overall. You don't just teach someone 'proper mechanics' and have them retain everything they were good at before while adding power.

Take Andrelton Simmons last year - he hit more HRs than anyone could have guessed, and he was a worse hitter than if he'd kept the same level swing and hit .280 with 4 HRs.

The bottom line is, the coach that Downward is so pissed at is the guy who took us to the brink of a national title....last year. It's stupid to continue to 'call him out'.

vCash
    Well then perhaps we don't want certain hitters to turn into HR hitters? You can take a guy like Pirtle and get him to hit some more HRs, but in return he will be a worse hitter overall. You don't just teach someone 'proper mechanics' and have them retain everything they were good at before while adding power.

Take Andrelton Simmons last year - he hit more HRs than anyone could have guessed, and he was a worse hitter than if he'd kept the same level swing and hit .280 with 4 HRs.

The bottom line is, the coach that Downward is so pissed at is the guy who took us to the brink of a national title....last year. It's stupid to continue to 'call him out'.
    I don't want a new coach. I just want him to try to beat LSU for a change. Same with football. LSU owns us and I'm sick of being their bitch. If you're ok with that, then that's on you.

vCash
    I don't want a new coach. I just want him to try to beat LSU for a change. Same with football. LSU owns us and I'm sick of being their bitch. If you're ok with that, then that's on you.
    Yeah, I'm ok with it. Cohen is, too. He obviously is not trying to beat LSU.

vCash
    Yeah, I'm ok with it. Cohen is, too. He obviously is not trying to beat LSU.
    You only replied to this thread to argue. I hate the loser mentality of our fanbase. This is what's wrong with MSU.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    I guaran-god-damn-tee you Id have them hitting with proper mechanics. The shit we have now is pathetic. Yes you can hit the ball hard every now and them, but give me a fall with any college team and they'll have pitchers scared to throw strokes to them.

But it's inherently apparent that 99% of the people on here wouldn't know the difference between a proper swing and a pirouette. Go back and look at my post over the last 2-3 years about our hitters swings and what results you will see because of them. I'll help you out in case you don't have time to look it up.

Our swings are around our body and around the hitting zone. As opposed to a proper swing that is pushed flat through the zone, out in front of the plate and then upward over head not around. Our swings produce, more times than not, roll over ground balls to the pull side and lazy pop flies to the opposite field. If anyone has watched this team hit, you've seen these type of things (and strikeouts) many many more times than a solidly hit ball from gap to gap. Nice try though. Stay ignorant.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 04-09-2014 at 10:00 AM.

vCash
    Fairly obvious that you have no clue

vCash
    I guaran-god-damn-tee you Id have them hitting with proper mechanics. The shit we have now is pathetic. Yes you can hit the ball hard every now and them, but give me a fall with any college team and they'll have pitchers scared to throw strokes to them.

But it's inherently apparent that 99% of the people on here wouldn't know the difference between a proper swing and a pirouette. Go back and look at my post over the last 2-3 years about our hitters swings and what results you will see because of them. I'll help you out in case you don't have time to look it up.

Our swings are around our body and around the hitting zone. As opposed to a proper swing that is pushed flat through the zone, out in front of the plate and then upward over head not around. Our swings produce, more times than not, roll over ground balls to the pull side and lazy pop flies to the opposite field. If anyone has watched this team hit, you've seen these type of things (and strikeouts) many many more times than a solidly hit ball from gap to gap. Nice try though. Stay ignorant.
    Yes, we're ignorant. And you're somehow a better hitting coach than all SEC coaches, or at least better than the one who just played for the national title, yet somehow have been overlooked during the hiring process. Sounds likely.

vCash

Just curious, have you ever attempted to teach a baseball player, over the age 18 years old, a new swing?

vCash
    You only replied to this thread to argue. I hate the loser mentality of our fanbase. This is what's wrong with MSU.
    Dude, you started this thread for the sole purpose of saying 'F you' to the best coach we've had in any sport in a long, long time.

But yeah, I have a loser mentality because I'm not overreacting to one series.

vCash

Taking Greg drye's course on coaching baseball doesn't make you a good coach.

Also, can we have a list of the hitters you have personally turned into a power threat?? Pujols? Cabrera? Henry Aaron??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Jesus Christ.
    i don't think he is available. Although he probably would make a great Hitting Coach***

vCash
    Dude, you started this thread for the sole purpose of saying 'F you' to the best coach we've had in any sport in a long, long time.

But yeah, I have a loser mentality because I'm not overreacting to one series.
    I'm definitely overreacting. I'll give you that. But it's not over one series. It's over years of them beating us regardless of how good we are or how bad they are. I'm just frustrated. Sick of it.