Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official BBQ Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    DPR, did you enter the BBQ festival down at Harbo View yesterday? Looked small but I'm sure it's a good contest.
    No I didnt I was working in madison. My parents called me and told me they ate down there and said there was a pretty big turn out. I hate I missed it. I think the next one imma do is the one at the coast coliseum
    News Report, "Mississippi State Quarterback Michael Hening Tried To Throw Himself Off Of Davis-Wade Stadium But He Was Intercepted And Ran Back For A Touchdown"

vCash
    As far as woods go, I use cherry, peach, apple, and believe it or not, crabapple has a great flavor.

DPR, I like to put Dr. Pepper in with my ribs when I wrap them...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    As far as woods go, I use cherry, peach, apple, and believe it or not, crabapple has a great flavor.

DPR, I like to put Dr. Pepper in with my ribs when I wrap them...
    Yes, Dr. Pepper has a good flavor, and it will give a good tenderness when you wrap them. As for wood, i usually just use a combo of apple/hickory for chicken, and hickory/cherry for ribs, pork, and brisket
    News Report, "Mississippi State Quarterback Michael Hening Tried To Throw Himself Off Of Davis-Wade Stadium But He Was Intercepted And Ran Back For A Touchdown"

vCash
    SMOKE

Blue smoke is the holy grail of low and slow pitmasters. They say that the color depends on the particle size and how it scatters and reflects light to our eyes. Pale blue smoke particles are the smallest, under a micron in size, about the size of the wavelength of light. Pure white smoke consists of larger particles, a few microns in size, and they scatter all wavelengths in all directions. Gray and black smoke contains particles large enough to actually absorb some of the light and colors.

Black and gray smoke happen when the fire is starving for oxygen, and they can make bitter, sooty food tasting like an ash tray. Billowing white smoke is common when you just start the fire, and when the fuel needs lots of oxygen. If it doesn't get enough and if the fuel is not emitting gases for secondary combustion, the fuel smolders and produces white smoke. If you are cooking hot and fast, white smoke is a great way to get some smoke flavor on the food in a hurry. But white smoke usually has a lot of contaminants from an incomplete secondary combustion and prolonged exposure to white smoke can still make good food, but not as good a blue smoke.

vCash
    South Carolina Mustard Sauce

Ingredients
    2 cups prepared yellow mustard
    2/3 cup cider vinegar
    3 tablespoons tomato paste
    1/2 teaspoon chipotle Tabasco sauce or you favorite hot sauce
    3/4 cup sugar
    2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 1 cube
    2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
    1 teaspoon celery seed
    3 teaspoons mustard powder
    2 teaspoons onion powder
    2 teaspoons garlic powder
    1 teaspoon table salt
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1) Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl.

2) If you are using a bouillon cube, crush it with a spoon in a bowl or mortar & pestle and add it to the bowl. Crush the rosemary leaves and celery seed in a mortar & pestle or in a blender or coffee grinder and add it to the bowl. Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Let it sit for a an hour in the refrigerator for the flavors to meld. No cooking necessary. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for a month or more.

vCash
    Weekend Hangover? need to do something with those ribs? Here Ya Go

Homemade McRib Sandwiches

Ingredients
    1 slab leftover cooked baby back ribs or St. Louis Style Ribs
    1 large onion, sliced or chopped*
    6 sandwich pickle slices
    3 quality buns

Note: Caramelize your onions 20 minutes before everything else

Take Chunks of your ribs and throw them in a skillet. Cover with your favorite BBQ sauce (commercial or homemade) and slowly cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Lightly toast buns, prepare sandwich and enjoy
    Last edited by DawgPoundRock; 04-07-2014 at 01:10 PM.

vCash
    Elitedawgs KC Classic BBQ Sauce

2 tablespoons American chili powder
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon table salt
    2 cups ketchup
    1/2 cup yellow ballpark-style mustard
    1/2 cup cider vinegar
    1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup steak sauce
    1/4 cup dark molasses
    1/4 cup honey
    1 teaspoon hot sauce
    1 cup dark brown sugar (you can use light brown sugar if that's all you have)
    3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 medium onion, finely chopped
    4 medium cloves of garlic, crushed or minced

Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes

vCash
    Thanks DPR. I'm looking forward to trying some of this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Thanks DPR. I'm looking forward to trying some of this.
    Your welcome man, i hope you enjoy it. Imma be adding more stuff soon

vCash
    Rebel Butcher Supply in Pearl has a really solid BBQ rub, it's where Country Pleasin get's their rubs from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Rebel Butcher Supply in Pearl has a really solid BBQ rub, it's where Country Pleasin get's their rubs from.
    Oh really? Imma have to check it out then, im a huge fan of rubs, i absolutely love creating and experimenting with them

vCash
    my version of homemade "McRibs"... On-Cor rib patties, pickles, onion, and a bun

vCash
    Got the smoker cleaned and ready for tomorrow. Im going to be doing two whole chickens, i will be adding pics of it. What are you doing smoking/grilling tomorrow?

vCash
    [IMG][/IMG]

"Q" View, Two Smoked Chickens i did today

vCash
    dayum...that looks good
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Thanks man,it was amazing. You can never go wrong cooking with water and apple juice

vCash

Spareribs cut St. Louis Style. Before Pic

vCash
    Thanks for the recipe. I've made some similar, but not sure where my handwritten recipe got off to.

Enjoying the thread. Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundRock View Post
    Elitedawgs KC Classic BBQ Sauce

2 tablespoons American chili powder
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon table salt
    2 cups ketchup
    1/2 cup yellow ballpark-style mustard
    1/2 cup cider vinegar
    1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup steak sauce
    1/4 cup dark molasses
    1/4 cup honey
    1 teaspoon hot sauce
    1 cup dark brown sugar (you can use light brown sugar if that's all you have)
    3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 medium onion, finely chopped
    4 medium cloves of garlic, crushed or minced

Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    Thanks for the recipe. I've made some similar, but not sure where my handwritten recipe got off to.

Enjoying the thread. Carry on!
    Thanks man, and your welcome im glad you like it

vCash
    http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/...pszmg7ta9m.jpg

Sorry its a couple days later..but here was the finished dry ribs
    Last edited by DawgPoundRock; 04-15-2014 at 10:44 AM.