Thread: Weekend cooking thread

vCash

Weekend cooking thread

What yall got? Im saving the grill for sunday. Im going to grill between nascar and game of thrones.

I made some homemade dough 2 days ago. I may bust that out and make a homemade margherita pizza tonight for our game.

vCash
    Working tonight so probably nothing but a cold one when I get home. Do you use a pizza stone Ennis?

vCash
    I do. Making your own dough and pasta is the most fullfilling thing you can do as a chef. To me anyway.

It is so worth it.

vCash
    Local seafood place tonight, but I'm going to grill some stuff for the baseball game tomorrow evening. Not sure what yet - possibly some oysters/shrimp & who knows what else.

vCash
    I'm going to grill some steak kabobs tonight wih a twice baked potato. Working on my 4th miller fortune of the night right now.

vCash
    Picked up a growler of Southern Prohibition dry hopped IPA, very tasty
    It's an obsession but it's pleasing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post
    I do. Making your own dough and pasta is the most fullfilling thing you can do as a chef. To me anyway.

It is so worth it.
    Yep.

My wife makes real good bread similar to what you'd get at an Italian restaurant for dipping in olive oil. All it is, is yeast, water, flour. Maybe salt. It is stupid simple. You just have to let it rise overnight and it comes out great.

vCash
    I'm going lean with chicken breasts on the grill. Sipping on some Ranger IPA as I watch the game (very smooth IPA, btw). I'm gonna grab something with a bite tomorrow, maybe a wee heavy.

vCash
    Filets and sauteed green beans...croissants..bottle of Cab
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post

It is so worth it.
    I've always wanted to try this. How difficult was the first couple of times?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdog View Post
    I've always wanted to try this. How difficult was the first couple of times?
    Easy as pie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Yep.

My wife makes real good bread similar to what you'd get at an Italian restaurant for dipping in olive oil. All it is, is yeast, water, flour. Maybe salt. It is stupid simple. You just have to let it rise overnight and it comes out great.
    Take her fresh bread when it is hot. Before you cut it, take roasted garlic. Simply take 2 full garlic heads, cut the top off, pour evoo on it, salt and pepper, wrap in tin foil and put in over for 45 mins.

When that is done, squeez them into a bowl. Whisk GOOD olive oil in with it with fresh grated parmesan. Not the shit you get out of a can.

Dip your bread in it. By the way, youre welcome...

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    We were kicking around crawfish but the impending weather killed that...still deliberating on tonite. Might be a fatass Johnny's pizza

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    To go Italian

vCash
    Been on the run with work and errands since 7am. Just cracked open a miller fortune. I know it's not technically a craft beer but I think it's fantastic. I usually cannot stand when the big guys make a wanna be craft but this beer is good IMO. I like it more than andy gator gator (a similar style).

vCash
    Ribeyes going now. 2/3 of the way through a six pack of Natty fence posts. Rum/diet on deck.

vCash
    cooked a big ol pot of cabbage soup....
    ground chuck
    cabbage
    onion
    celery
    bell pepper
    garlic
    diced tomatoes
    water