Thread: Vandy moves OM game to LP Field

vCash

Vandy moves OM game to LP Field

I find this move interesting because I don't think Vandy did this to sell more tickets. I think they did it to play OM on grass. I realize OM just won there in the Music City Bowl, but OM's 180 pound running backs and bubble screens suffer on grass.

Vandy won't sell enough extra tickets to that game to necissitate moving it to an off campus stadium. I think they did it for football purposes.

vCash
    of course they did it to sell tickets....but not to Vandy fans

vCash
    It's a win win for Vandy then

vCash
    NO chance Frankiln would have done this.. Not that they had much of a home field at Vandy anyway , but this will be basically a road game for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    NO chance Frankiln would have done this.. Not that they had much of a home field at Vandy anyway , but this will be basically a road game for them.
    agree. this is a money move.

vCash
    Not according to Godfrey

https://twitter.com/38godfrey/status/451751364943556609

Why do people think OM travels well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    agree. this is a money move.
    Win for Bears as well. Means they only play 3 TRUE road games all year.. (LSU, ARK and A&M)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not according to Godfrey

Depends on if they beat Boise.

If they beat Boise, they will have a strong showing in Nashville. Nashville is a great town and there will be plenty of good seats available since Vandy can barely fill there crackerjack box of a stadium.

Its a money move and if I was a bear fan, I would be excited because there won't be a home field advantage for Vandy.

I wish we had Vandy on the road this year. They lost a ton this year, almost their entire back 7, their NFL LT, best WR in their history and a solid QB.

If they change to a Stanford style offense, its going to be a huge adjustment, and it won't end well for them this year.

vCash
    Not according to Godfrey

I bet if there is 50k there that 35K are Bear fans. If they played at Vandy maybe 10k would be there,
    If we played Vandy at LP field game 2 of the season we would have 35k there as well.

vCash
    Win for Bears as well. Means they only play 3 TRUE road games all year.. (LSU, ARK and A&M)
    It never helps OM to have to play on grass rather than turf. Their team isn't build for physical, slower, between the tackle games. Just isn't.

vCash
    It never helps OM to have to play on grass rather than turf. Their team isn't build for physical, slower, between the tackle games. Just isn't.
    I hear ya, but they aren't playing a power team in Bama or Wisconsin. They are playing a Vandy team that lost a ton of playmakers and the bear defense should be pretty good if they don't get suspended by the time August rolls around. Probably 50/50 that most of their guys will be on the team.

Even if they do get arrested again, Im sure they will be suspended when they play Central Arkansas State.

Im just saying that if Im playing Vandy, I want to play them at the NFL stadium because I know that MSU and to a lesser extent bears will travel well to Nashville to watch a game at an NFL stadium.

vCash
    Uh, how is a game in downtown Nashville a road game for Vandy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Because Vandy can't control who they sell tickets to. When they played Tennessee a couple of years ago, Vandy did everything that they could to limit Vol fans from getting tickets. And they were fairly successful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I wonder as well. Does this mean that the Vandy fan who was going to the on campus game decided not to go to the game? You are going to have the same number of people at the game, both Ole Miss and Vandy. This is about the turf and not money. I just don't see how Vandy makes more money. You would think they are giving up the concessions sells when doing this.

If it is money the only thing I can figure some big company bought the game from Vandy but I am not sold on it's about money yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Because Vandy can't control who they sell tickets to. When they played Tennessee a couple of years ago, Vandy did everything that they could to limit Vol fans from getting tickets. And they were fairly successful.
    I would be willing to bet that that there are way more Tenn fans in the Nashville Metro area then Ole Miss fans. As far as that goes probably more Tenn fans then Vandy.

vCash
    Money is the end result. Some way some how someone will be getting a cut. Add in the chance to tell recruits you play in an nfl stadium with the added benefit of vandy always having the bears number, why not.

vCash
    I don't think they can sell beer though because it is an sec event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I wonder as well. Does this mean that the Vandy fan who was going to the on campus game decided not to go to the game? You are going to have the same number of people at the game, both Ole Miss and Vandy. This is about the turf and not money. I just don't see how Vandy makes more money. You would think they are giving up the concessions sells when doing this.

If it is money the only thing I can figure some big company bought the game from Vandy but I am not sold on it's about money yet.
    This may not be 100% about money Im not sure what else it could be about but its
    0% about grass over turf.

vCash
    This is solely about the money. Vandy basically knows this will be a garbage year for them. Their recruiting class got raked by Franklin, and they lost enough key contributors last year to know that Vandy doesn't stand a shot at having a decent this year. They have a chance to make some money, and they know Ole Miss will bring more fans if it is at an NFL stadium. At least they are trying to make the best of a bad situation.
    Maroonandwhitenation.com
    @JustinStrawnMWN