Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USMNT jerseys released today

vCash
    The away jersey reminds me of flags of other countries or former countries.

The home is alright. It will look better in the sizes the players will wear. It looks too much like a woman's golf shirt in the model pic.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    I'd much prefer they go 'France 2010' and have an all out mutiny within the ranks. Klinsman has surprised me with getting these guys to play well but I have never felt as bad about our back line as I do this cycle.
    Aren't we missing a couple defenders tonight vs Mexico?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Aren't we missing a couple defenders tonight vs Mexico?

yeah, they play on Mexican club teams and they wouldn't release them to play tonight. Pretty much a dick move. It get that there are bragging rights and whatever but it's an exhibition match.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    After seeing the whole kit, these remind me of a fast pitch travel team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    After seeing the whole kit, these remind me of a fast pitch travel team.
    Yeah, got a chuckle out of the attempt in the Nike ad pic to make Alex Morgan look tough and fierce. She is a great striker but Roy Keane, Julian Dicks, or Jaap Stam she ain't lol. "Ooooo, look out Alex is pissed!" Shut up, score a goal, make us a sandwich and look hot Alex. Leave the anger for somebody else.

vCash
    Bring back the Denim Kits!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    yeah, they play on Mexican club teams and they wouldn't release them to play tonight. Pretty much a dick move. It get that there are bragging rights and whatever but it's an exhibition match.
    Is Mexico our biggest rival in Soccer? Seems like it. I've got like 5 bets going tonight with some of my Mexican Amigos. I'm betting on a friendly match-up. I might have a gambling problem.

vCash
    Is Mexico our biggest rival in Soccer? Seems like it. I've got like 5 bets going tonight with some of my Mexican Amigos. I'm betting on a friendly match-up. I might have a gambling problem.
    They despise us. When we host we have to host the game in Ohio or somewhere their fans won't pack out the stadium - i.e. Rose Bowl, Houston, etc - they throw bags of piss out our guys. They boo our national anthem. Shit, when we beat them last year at Stadium Azteca it was the first time we had done so ever. That was a friendly, then we tied them there for WC qualification. We had tied them but never beat them on Mexican soil until that friendly. The win over them in Columbus , 2-0, sent them to a play off with New Zealand to make the World Cup. They nearly blew it. No, they hate us, we hate them.

Pisses me off they come here to live, demand citizenship and then boo the team of the country they allegedly chose. Utter crap.

Banned
    vCash
    They despise us. When we host we have to host the game in Ohio or somewhere their fans won't pack out the stadium - i.e. Rose Bowl, Houston, etc - they throw bags of piss out our guys. They boo our national anthem. Shit, when we beat them last year at Stadium Azteca it was the first time we had done so ever. That was a friendly, then we tied them there for WC qualification. We had tied them but never beat them on Mexican soil until that friendly. The win over them in Columbus , 2-0, sent them to a play off with New Zealand to make the World Cup. They nearly blew it. No, they hate us, we hate them.

Pisses me off they come here to live, demand citizenship and then boo the team of the country they allegedly chose. Utter crap.
    Easy Cerrano let's not start a Holy War in here. Some of us might feel your same thoughts but it's best left off the board. Let's just beat their ungrateful asses tonight on the field instead.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash

The Rose Bowl match between USMNT and Mexico was pitiful to see from the US side. When you're getting booed during the national anthem in your own country, that's when you know something went wrong. I think they should only host our friendlies in the U.S. in Columbus, Seattle, NYC, etc.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    The Rose Bowl match between USMNT and Mexico was pitiful to see from the US side. When you're getting booed during the national anthem in your own country, that's when you know something went wrong. I think they should only host our friendlies in the U.S. in Columbus, Seattle, NYC, etc.
    Playing Mexico in Southern Cali is about as smart as playing Puerto Rico in Miami. Somebody got fired over that dumb shit.

vCash
    Easy Cerrano let's not start a Holy War in here. Some of us might feel your same thoughts but it's best left off the board. Let's just beat their ungrateful asses tonight on the field instead.
    Too be fair, if we played the Italians in St Louis or New York that bloodline would show their asses too. The Brazilians always attract the hipster 'Too Cool to Cheer For My Own Country" Crowd. I do like seeing the Mexican Fans who wear the wrestling masks to the game though. Doesn't work that well when other countries' fans try it.

Piss off an English National Team fan and you will find a reason to despise them. Persistent little shits that lot. Buddy of mine made a ill-placed crack about their team and the Queen...twenty years ago...think he is still afraid to visit that place.

vCash
    Playing Mexico in Southern Cali is about as smart as playing Puerto Rico in Miami. Somebody got fired over that dumb shit.
    I like keeping the Gold Cup final there but no way for WC qualifiers or friendlies. Agree, it's like scheduling Notre Dame at the Vatican.

vCash
    The Brazilians always attract the hipster 'Too Cool to Cheer For My Own Country" Crowd.
    huh? if anything the "hipsters" would pick out a fairly obscure darkhorse team that no one really thinks about when they think "world soccer power".

vCash
    Yeah, got a chuckle out of the attempt in the Nike ad pic to make Alex Morgan look tough and fierce. She is a great striker but Roy Keane, Julian Dicks, or Jaap Stam she ain't lol. "Ooooo, look out Alex is pissed!" Shut up, score a goal, make us a sandwich and look hot Alex. Leave the anger for somebody else.
    was alex morgan on the babe madness bracket? if she wasn't in the sports regional, that's a tragedy. i don't remember seeing her, but i could have missed her cause i missed voting a few days.

vCash
    I despise El Tri as much as I do Bama, Ohio State, the Cardinals, Nickelback, Bud Light, and carney folk. Although, if they are in the World Cup and you happen to be in a Mexican place when they are playing, they will give you all kinds of free beer and shit.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    I despise El Tri as much as I do Bama, Ohio State, the Cardinals, Nickelback, Bud Light, and carney folk. Although, if they are in the World Cup and you happen to be in a Mexican place when they are playing, they will give you all kinds of free beer and shit.
    FREE CHIPS N SALSA!!!!

vCash
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Banned
    vCash
    Red jerseys looked sweet tonight! 2-0 at half

vCash
    I was at the game in Phoenix tonight (so much for scheduling the USA Mexico friendliest away from Mexican fans). It was probably 50/50 in terms of fan show out. Maybe a slight edge to the Mexican fans.

No one booed during the national anthem. It may have happened before, but come on. Many Hispanic fans were wearing both US and Mexico colors. There was absolutely zero contention amongst the fans that I saw. But I'm sure that may not be the case in Mexico City.