Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USMNT jerseys released today

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash

USMNT jerseys released today

Away jersey

Home jersey

I hope it's just a cruel April Fool's joke.

vCash
    what is USNMT? Looks like a soccer ball on it. BTW, the second one is a womans golf shirt, isn't it?

vCash
    I love the away jersey; the home is fine.

vCash
    they wear collared shirts to play soccer?

vCash
    That home jersey was revealed a few weeks ago; not a joke so far as I can tell.

That road jersey doesn't really do it for me either.

vCash
    Road Jersey is meh. They both are, really. But the road one looks like a generic national flag.

The flag would be that of Serbia and Montenegro.

Banned
    vCash
    USA Winter Olympics uniforms were worse. Pretty awful still. Collard soccer shirts? Is this a Polo magazine

vCash
    This isn't the first time our soccer jerseys have had collars. The 2002 WC jersey did too.

Brazil and a few other international squads wore similar Nike style jerseys in '02 with collars. We aren't the first or only team to do this.

I'm not one to get too fired up over jerseys, though. I leave that to EliteDawgs.

vCash
    A lot of soccer jerseys have collars, yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    Road Jersey is meh. They both are, really. But the road one looks like a generic national flag.

The flag would be that of Serbia and Montenegro.
    You meant Croatia..not Montenegro.

Sorry, I'm a geography geek..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    You meant Croatia..not Montenegro.

Sorry, I'm a geography geek..
    I'm far from a geography geek, couldn't begin to label a map of that part of the world. But I did take the time to figure out whose flag might look like that, and here's what I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_and_Montenegro

ETA: It was also the flag of Kingdom of Yugoslavia.
    Last edited by dickiedawg; 04-01-2014 at 03:55 PM.

vCash
    I'm far from a geography geek, couldn't begin to label a map of that part of the world. But I did take the time to figure out whose flag might look like that, and here's what I found:

Ah. I thought you meant those jerseys could also be the jerseys of the modern day nation of Serbia or the modern day nation of Montenegro, whose flag is:
    200px-Flag_of_Montenegro.svg.png

Compared to Croatia, who is a neighbor of both Montenegro and Serbia:
    200px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png

I didn't realize that Montenegro has only been an independent nation since 2006 though.

vCash

Actually they remind me of those 'Bomb Pop' popsicles. FIFA has new rules on National Team Kits for the World Cup. There has to be a predominantly light and predominantly dark set for each team. They don't rule out multiple colors but the rule restricts some of the old classics. Germany may be all white for home, all red for away. England is likely the same. Typical FIFA shit.

vCash
    They look like the French flag to me. Unless they get some gifts from the teams in their group, we might only get 3 games. Very tough draw.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    They look like the French flag to me. Unless they get some gifts from the teams in their group, we might only get 3 games. Very tough draw.
    I think we beat Pretty Boy Portugal for the 2nd spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I think we beat Pretty Boy Portugal for the 2nd spot.
    Let's see we start with the team that has knocked us out of the last two World Cup Finals, then one that struggled to qualify but possesses one of, if not THE best player on the planet, and then perhaps the best team in the world. Yeah, could be a short stay this go around.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    Let's see we start with the team that has knocked us out of the last two World Cup Finals, then one that struggled to qualify but possesses one of, if not THE best player on the planet, and then perhaps the best team in the world. Yeah, could be a short stay this go around.
    Only thing Pretty Boy is best at is putting on Pomade and wearing a gigantic ego.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Only thing Pretty Boy is best at is putting on Pomade and wearing a gigantic ego.
    He's a douche, but he can flat out play. Messi has passed him as the best though. If we can keep him shutdown and knock him on his ass a time a two, they are beatable. Ghana scares the shit outta me. They just have our number. We have to hope Germany pulls an England this go around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    He's a douche, but he can flat out play. Messi has passed him as the best though. If we can keep him shutdown and knock him on his ass a time a two, they are beatable. Ghana scares the shit outta me. They just have our number. We have to hope Germany pulls an England this go around.
    I'd much prefer they go 'France 2010' and have an all out mutiny within the ranks. Klinsman has surprised me with getting these guys to play well but I have never felt as bad about our back line as I do this cycle.

vCash
    the 2010's were my favorite as well as the red version they wore in 2011