Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How close is Mississippi State?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I didnt figure you could admit it. Real Deal has now been banned permantly. Goat has 13 more days
    Well that gets us through SBW before he comes whining back.. Enjoy it fellas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I have no clue how to try to respond to this.
    I
    If we don't at least have a chance to win ten with a bowl win, that will mean we don't win 2 of our first three conference games, a very tough stretch with LSU, TAM and Aub. If we're going to have the special season we feel may be ours, we have to find a way to win those games. We have a certain amount of experience vs. these opponents that we may be able to turn to our advantage. I feel at this point that although we will be the underdog sometimes, we have a real chance to be the team that wins.
    I would enjoy a ten win season, but I've seen us skate the edge of the promised land, an SEC title, 2 or 3 times, and I greatly enjoyed those fine seasons, but I wasn't completely satisfied. Not with losing close games to Alabama in 81 and Tennessee in 98 and then I think Alabama again in 99. Not sure I've got the years and teams right in every case but it's close to right.
    Those who say we have no tradition are wrong. We are one of the oldest programs in the game. Our identity is distinct and strong. We can play some ball. If our time to touch and hold another level is ever going to come, we may need to take advantage of our talent, experience and opportunity we have this coming season.
    Plus Dak will not get serious buzzz for Heisman unless we have a special season. I've got him penciled in to lead us there.

vCash
    All I'm saying is, if you won't be 'satisfied' with something that's happened one time in the history of our program, you probably shouldn't be a State fan.

vCash
    All I'm saying is, if you won't be 'satisfied' with something that's happened one time in the history of our program, you probably shouldn't be a State fan.
    Ten wins would be great, but we've had great seasons before. I'm hoping for a season that is great and special. I'll be happy with tens wins, but I'll be satisfied with an appearance in the SEC Championship game.

It's true we've only done it once, but we've only played a twelve game schedule for a limited part of our history. I don't think we played but ten games until the late 1970's. Then it was 11 for several seasons. I don't think 12 have been going on that long. Wasn't 9 games the norm in an earlier era?

With 12 games and a bowl, 10 wins is 77 percent. I like it. Not sure I love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    With 12 games and a bowl, 10 wins is 77 percent. I like it. Not sure I love it.
    Then once again, you shouldn't be a State fan.

vCash
    Then once again, you shouldn't be a State fan.
    How could I not be a State fan? LOL. I think we're talking about two different things.