Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Game 3 thread

vCash
    I think Rea is one of our best defensive first basemen we have had at MSU who has made 99% of the plays that go his way. If we had a normal sized first baseman, we would have a billion errors from that infield. Rea is the glue to our infield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully01 View Post
    I think Rea is one of our best defensive first basemen we have had at MSU who has made 99% of the plays that go his way. If we had a normal sized first baseman, we would have a billion errors from that infield. Rea is the glue to our infield.
    Agreed. But he has been lazy over there today.

vCash
    Sure, Rea had that ball hit off his mit that Heck threw but it would have been a SC play of the day nominee if he makes that catch. Heck was throwing to a 7 footer. If we had a normal sized first baseman, that ball goes into the dugout. But somehow that was Rea's fault?

vCash
    Btw, that throw by Heck was what I would call a Frost special which I am sure Rea is probably glad graduated.

vCash
    We have gone quietly this inning. Not a good way to end the game.

vCash
    Sure, Rea had that ball hit off his mit that Heck threw but it would have been a SC play of the day nominee if he makes that catch. Heck was throwing to a 7 footer. If we had a normal sized first baseman, that ball goes into the dugout. But somehow that was Rea's fault?
    It hit his glove and he didn't jump...so he could have caught it. And if he stretches on Pirtles throw, he doesn't have to attempt a tag. Not saying Rea sucks...just saying he left a few plays on the field today. We need him to play like Rea can play. Don't get so defensive...nobody is blaming Rea for losing or anything.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Goodness, just wish I could have seen what would have happened in this game if Heck had made the simple throw to 1st base in the top of the 8th that would have kept the game at 1-0.
    I agree. This was a whole different ballgame if that play is made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    It hit his glove and he didn't jump...so he could have caught it. And if he stretches on Pirtles throw, he doesn't have to attempt a tag. Not saying Rea sucks...just saying he left a few plays on the field today. We need him to play like Rea can play. Don't get so defensive...nobody is blaming Rea for losing or anything.
    I think Rea could have gotten the ball by jumping but if he does that then the runner at first is likely safe and the run scores anyway. I think Rea was trying to stretch and make sure to get the out to save the run.

vCash
    Bingo, Maroon! Besides if you can't hit a 6'5" 275 LB first baseman stretching out who the heck are you throwing to?

vCash
    Bingo, Maroon! Besides if you can't hit a 6'5" 275 LB first baseman stretching out who the heck are you throwing to?
    Again, nobody is saying Heck made a good throw. But if you wanna sweep #3, you gotta make a few great plays...and I think Rea could have made a few today, and he typically has in the past. I'm not claiming anyone sucks or it's anyone's fault. Hell, I'm pumped we won 2. Just feel like we handed that one to them today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Again, nobody is saying Heck made a good throw. But if you wanna sweep #3, you gotta make a few great plays...and I think Rea could have made a few today, and he typically has in the past. I'm not claiming anyone sucks or it's anyone's fault. Hell, I'm pumped we won 2. Just feel like we handed that one to them today
    I agree Cadaver. We did hand that game to them and everyone on the infield made at least one gaffe so it was a team effort to give them that one.

vCash
    It didn't look like he extended as high as he could to me, it looked like he was trying to make the catch while coming off the bag like he does on literally every catch he makes at first. He is a really good first baseman, but watching him play, he seems like he is always right on the edge of everything. How hard he runs, how quickly he comes off the base when he catches one at first, how quickly he flips his bat through the across the plate and behind him when he walks.