Thread: ESPNU announcers did a Great job

vCash

ESPNU announcers did a Great job

Covering LFL and DNF. The insight from the two ex players was spot on. I like how they explained our setting up to bunt late was disrupting the Vandy pitchers. Great job Coaching.

vCash
    I thought they did well also

vCash
    I very rarely come away from a game having enjoyed watching it more because of the announcers. But those guys last night made if very interesting because they were touching on very small but very important factors in what was going on with the bunting game.

vCash
    That was ESPN's first string college baseball team of annoucners except for Dave Neal of course.

Kyle Peterson has been doing college baseball for awhile and he is usually interviewing people in the stands while Orel Hershiser is in the booth.

Chris Burke was the other guy. He used to play SS for Tennessee and then played for the Astros for a little while. He was a very good player at UT.

vCash
    I still hate Burke for ending the 15+ inning plAyoff game, and braves season, with that pop up homer off Devine. That was the ultimate steroid game for Clemens by the way. But I thought Burke did an excellent job last nite.

Like it or not Dave Neal is basically one of, if not the voice, of the SEC. he's not great but he's called some great games in the conference in all sports. I still love his call of Norwood's TD to beat Florida. He is hurt by the fact that his partners usually suck: Connelly and ware.

Kyle Peterson is terrible to me. He finds one point and belabors it the entire game. And a decent amount of the time his point is wrong. He's like the Clark Kellogg of baseball.

vCash
    Great college player, sec player of the year, surprised he didn't do much in the pros. Interviewed for the Tennessee job couple years ago but didn't get it.

vCash
    If Peterson was belaboring a point, then he was like Tim mccarver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post
    If Peterson was belaboring a point, then he was like Tim mccarver.
    In my view that is a correct comparison.

vCash
    I thought it was a pretty good broadcast as well.

vCash
    Good broadcast and I concur on the LFL stuff. I liked the little piece and discussion on the Michigan State outfielder and the fans.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I still hate Burke for ending the 15+ inning plAyoff game, and braves season, with that pop up homer off Devine. That was the ultimate steroid game for Clemens by the way. But I thought Burke did an excellent job last nite.

Like it or not Dave Neal is basically one of, if not the voice, of the SEC. he's not great but he's called some great games in the conference in all sports. I still love his call of Norwood's TD to beat Florida. He is hurt by the fact that his partners usually suck: Connelly and ware.

Kyle Peterson is terrible to me. He finds one point and belabors it the entire game. And a decent amount of the time his point is wrong. He's like the Clark Kellogg of baseball.
    Excellent broadcast and made it much more exciting being on ESPNU. I thought it was a great broadcast and they were very insightful and filled up the time with just the right amount of information. First rate all the way. If you didn't enjoy it, you were just nitpicking too much.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post

As a 'Stros fan, I loved him for that. Go look at his twitter avatar if you want to relive that moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully01 View Post
    Excellent broadcast and made it much more exciting being on ESPNU. I thought it was a great broadcast and they were very insightful and filled up the time with just the right amount of information. First rate all the way. If you didn't enjoy it, you were just nitpicking too much.
    Hmmm...I compliment 2/3 so I didn't enjoy it??

I don't like Peterson. To me he takes away from the games he does. Just my opinion. Other than him I did enjoy it. Although, announcers are more likely to ruin a broadcast than add to it. Again only my opinion.

vCash
    Overall was great. One thing that did annoy me was the exceedingly long interview with Beede. Thought they went way too long, and even caused us to miss a few pitches as they kept the camera and talk on Beede.

Other than that, I was happy with the broadcast.