Thread: Coaching at Texas in any sport is the best job ever...

vCash

Coaching at Texas in any sport is the best job ever...

I've never seen a group of coaches do less with more like Texas coaches. They should be competing for a National title annually in the big 3 sports. Instead, they don't compete, but rarely fire a coach. Rick Barnes has made some of the more undeserved money in sports history while at Texas.

vCash
    In general, State of Texas is soft. It why Texas has only won 1 national title in about 60 years in football, and why Texas A&M has a brutal defense that isn't likely to get substantially better.

The cities of Dallas and Houston are suburban cities and Austin has hills, lakes, hiking, and incredible arts. Simply, sports aren't as important to them as they are to be people in the Deep Sout; at least not in many of the saburban areas that so many kids come from.

Furthermore, due to most of the population being Caucasian and Mexican, the cities of San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, Corpus Christi, and Waco produce very few athletes and thus you can almost eliminate those cities from the athlete producing population base. Most of the athletes come from Houston, Dallas, or East Texas.

I live in Texas and that's my assessment. Kids that grow up in Louisiana or Mississippi are usually tougher and have more incentive
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 03-22-2014 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    [QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;152196]In general, State of Texas is soft. It why Texas has only won 1 national title in about 60 years in football, and why Texas A&M has a brutal defense that isn't likely to get substantially better.

The cities of Dallas and Houston are suburban cities and Austin has hills, lakes, hiking, and incredible arts. Simply, sports aren't as important to them as they are to be people in the Deep Sout; at least not in many of the saburban areas that so many kids come from.

Furthermore, due to most of the population being Caucasian and Mexican, the cities of San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, Corpus Christi, and Waco produce very few athletes and thus you can almost eliminate those cities from the athlete producing population base. Most of the athletes come from Houston, Dallas, or East Texas.

I live in Texas and that's my assessment. Kids that grow up in Louisiana or Mississippi are usually tougher and have

I agree with everything thing you stated. Best post I've seen regarding college football in the state of Texas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    In general, State of Texas is soft. It why Texas has only won 1 national title in about 60 years in football, and why Texas A&M has a brutal defense that isn't likely to get substantially better.

I live in Texas and that's my assessment. Kids that grow up in Louisiana or Mississippi are usually tougher and have more incentive
    Think before pressing send next time.... This is the largest and dumbest collection of shit I've ever seen in one post...

vCash
    No doubt! Amen

vCash
    Before you call it stupid and argue with someone that actually lives in Texas, do some research, like I have, and come back to me.

It's a different culture in Texas. With all the pro sports and other things to keep ones mind occupied, people don't live and die with college sports, like they do in LA, MS, and AL. And, yes, the racial compostion of the I35 cooridor, Corpus, and El Paso has a major effect in the raw talent of interior players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo352 View Post
    Think before pressing send next time.... This is the largest and dumbest collection of shit I've ever seen in one post...
    Bullshit, Shotgun is dead on with this comparison. I've been saying the same thing for many years and it's unequivocally true. Texas is softer for the reasons Shotgun stated, and if it weren't for their massive population, Texas wouldn't be known for producing football players. Qbs maybe and that's it. Athletes from La and Ms are tougher and more likely to grow up in poverty.