Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: J-Money giving alot of Stans insight on twitter right now...

vCash

J-Money giving alot of Stans insight on twitter right now...

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    For those of you without Twitter or too lazy to look it up:

Jamont Gordon
    @CashMoneyJG44
    Im thankful that Stans recruited me but IMO i dont think the players feared him. Great recruiter but I think players respected other coaches

Jamont Gordon
    @CashMoneyJG44
    Some players scared 2 say it but Im not! Players have a lot of animosity towards Stans and the program because when you leave.... THATS IT

Jamont Gordon
    @CashMoneyJG44
    They felt like when they graduated and left the program. Stans and the programs didn't try to help them with their professional careers

Jamont Gordon
    @CashMoneyJG44
    They feel like when u leave State that's it... They wont try to help u. Thats why a lot of former players dont & wont come back to support

Jamont Gordon
    @CashMoneyJG44
    Even I felt that way at one point in time! I Thought about coming back for my Sr yr but Stans told me he felt like I should go

Jamont Gordon
    @CashMoneyJG44
    Stans told me he felt I should leave because he felt like he couldn't coach me anymore and he wanted a fresh start and roll with Dee Bost
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Ironic considering stans let him do whatever the **** he wanted.

Who was mario austins first call from the hospital in europe? Who did he call for help.

Jamont can go **** himself.

Same mess as croom? Oh, ray is cleaning up 3-8 seasons? Haha. Stans worst yr is better than any year ray will have in 5
    Last edited by Esmerelda Villalobos; 03-15-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Isn't that what a sports agent is for? If you're going to be a pro basketball player ya might wanna get an agent. Stansbury promised Bost the job. His hands were tied. Agreed about the respect thing though. Ya can't be their buddy and their coach at the same time.

vCash
    Yeah. stands is responsible for getting jamont drafted. Not his agent.

Rick gets shit. A lot deserved. This aint one of them. Trust me.

vCash
    I love Jamont. I stopped reading after he gave Croom props for Mullen's success though.

vCash
    Well, we have JaMont's comments
    We have other former players that spoke out against him to Auburn's AD Jacobs
    We have a former player that spoke in favor of him to Auburn's AD
    We have the fact that Williams and the 1996 team was never honored for their 10 yr anniversary in 2006.
    We have Hyche speaking out openly in his letter just last month not so favorably on Stands
    We have players from the 1991 team that wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire
    We have Horatio Webster that said his kid would never play for Stands

Just interesting is all
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post

I don't know, very fewer former players seem to respect Stans or care about him. Compare our senior day to Coach K's or Roy Williams.

vCash

Yep, weird he's calling him out like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I don't know, very fewer former players seem to respect Stans or care about him.
    this is dead on

vCash
    Rodney Hood. "They fired my coach."

vCash
    Rick wasnt respected by players. However, this is somewhat the same reason the jamonts etc played for us. He worked his ass off to get them.

Rick ray is respected. Stands wasnt. Which is better? Croom or sherrill?

There is 2 types of coaches and 2 types of players.

vCash
    Hood wouldnt have left if rick stayed. Fact. I know that isnt the party line here

vCash
    Player A who's playing professional basketball and played for us, is upset with Stans.
    Player B who's busting tables and played for us, is upset with Ray.

This attack the former coach BS is stupid. What would Jalen say about Ray? Wendell? The other 900 players we had that have left the last two years or been kicked off for petty shit? and regardless of what they'd say, it shouldn't be taken to heart. Individuals relationships with one another have a lot of dynamics. For every player that speaks out against a coach, you'll have 5 that take up for him.

Oh, and WTF does Richard not being honored have to do with Stans? He didn't exactly leave on the best terms. It took a while to mend those fences. Jackie left on much better terms an it was stil 6-7 years before he was brought back and honored.

vCash
    Rick wasnt respected by players. However, this is somewhat the same reason the jamonts etc played for us. He worked his ass off to get them.
    I really don't know what that means. I will say it was always a mystery how Stans was able to relate to players during his recruitment of them and then totally lose trust/respect after they signed.

vCash
    Hood wouldnt have left if rick stayed. Fact. I know that isnt the party line here
    I call bullshit. He had feelers out already- that is fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Player A who's playing professional basketball and played for us, is upset with Stans.

This attack the former coach BS is stupid. What would Jalen say about Ray? Wendell? The other 900 players we had that have left the last two years or been kicked off for petty shit? and regardless of what they'd say, it shouldn't be taken to heart. Individuals relationships with one another have a lot of dynamics. For every player that speaks out against a coach, you'll have 5 that take up for him.

Oh, and WTF does Richard not being honored have to do with Stans? He didn't exactly leave on the best terms. It took a while to mend those fences. Jackie left on much better terms an it was stil 6-7 years before he was brought back and honored.
    If you talk to former players who played for Ron Polk or Jackie Sherrill, they would run thru a wall for them. There aren't many at all who have that same respect or relationship with Stans. On another note, it was amazing that Stansbury's peers didn't vote him Coach of the year after we went undefeated in SEC road play. I think that says something too.

vCash
    Read carefully. Pin this. Love or hate RS....we will NEVER have the success he had.

Dont call it success? Fine. I wont argue. We will NEVER be as mediocre as we were with him as head coach.

Is rick ray a better coach? Yes. Will he ever win like rick? Zero chance.
    Last edited by Esmerelda Villalobos; 03-15-2014 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    . Oh, and WTF does Richard not being honored have to do with Stans? .
    Rumor A- says that Stands is one the one that leaked the Williams situation to administration and got him fired. Williams about had it taken care of before then. I'm not saying I know what happened- but that is one rumor that is told often.

Rumor B- says that Stands wouldnt allow anything Williams back while he was coach. It's interesting that as soon as Ray is hired, Williams is a fixture back in Starkville. Could be just coincidence though

vCash

I see you're not in favor of personal accountability and responsibility.

Why would sour grapes count as much as the word of someone who played hard for us and should have nothing but positive memories from his time at State anyway?

Your hyperbole is showing your bias. But if it's true that so many former players have positive memories of Stans, why are they not stepping forward to either defend him or criticize the administration?