Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pitching this week

vCash

Pitching this week

So who you think the starters are this week?

vCash
    Preston midweek. Bracewell, Fitts, Woody/Wholestaff

Banned
    vCash
    I think this.....

Cohen's Starters will look like this..

Bracewell- Mid-week
    Woody- Friday
    Fitts- Saturday
    Hudson- Sunday( surely he has seen that Hudson is not ready to be a weekend starter... but I doubt it)

What it SHOULD BE... But it wont be...

Mid-week- Hudson
    Fri- Bracewell (he is our best starter right now)
    Sat- Fitts
    Sunday- Brown

vCash
    No way in hell should Preston Brown start an SEC game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I think this.....

Bracewell- Mid-week
    Woody- Friday
    Fitts- Saturday
    Hudson- Sunday( surely he has seen that Hudson is not ready to be a weekend starter... but I doubt it)

Mid-week- Hudson
    Sat- Fitts
    Sunday- Brown
    You beat me to it but that is EXACTLY the rotation I was going to list. Based on what's been EARNED I would go with
    Fri. - Bracewell
    Sat. - Fitts
    Sun. - Brown or maybe Sexton but Brown has the extra year in the program.

Woody needs to go to the pen. He's not ready yet to take on the pressure of an SEC starter. Maybe later in the year we can try him starting again.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    No way in hell should Preston Brown start an SEC game.
    why? Only other option is to pull Lingo out of the pen but I think he performs better out of the pen. Seton and Hudson certainly aren't ready and Woody is just not nearly as good as we thought.

vCash
    Preston midweek. Bracewell, Fitts, Woody/Wholestaff
    Why not? He's been a heck of a lot more effective that either Woody or Dakota. If not Brown I would go with Sexton. If we start Woody in the SEC with the way he has pitched then we are just throwing in the towel.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    You beat me to it but that is EXACTLY the rotation I was going to list. Based on what's been EARNED I would go with
    Fri. - Bracewell
    Sat. - Fitts

Woody needs to go to the pen. He's not ready yet to take on the pressure of an SEC starter. Maybe later in the year we can try him starting again.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I think this.....

Bracewell- Mid-week
    Woody- Friday
    Fitts- Saturday

Mid-week- Hudson
    Sat- Fitts
    Sunday- Brown
    You're WAY off. Cadaver is more correct.

He's not going to pitch Ben midweek and there have been talks that he will be the Friday starter. Cohen has already moved Woodruff back- I wouldn't be surprised if he pitches Saturday, but Sunday is also possible and just as likely. Fitts is the other day that Woodruff doesn't pitch. Hudson is the fourth guy. If Woodruff can't get it together, I suspect we'll then see Hudson, Sexton, and possibly Preston Brown. If Preston does well against USM and Ole Miss midweek- he could certainly land the Sunday job.

vCash
    You guys are seeing Brown pitch good against midweek teams and it's warping your brain. There's a reason Brown is midweek. He is not ready to start a SEC weekend. Woody will step up this weekend, watch. I just hope it's on Sunday as we go for the sweep

vCash
    Fri. - Bracewell
    Sat. - Fitts

Since our defense let Woodruff down this weekend, I'll give him a pass- but his leash is short.

vCash
    You guys are seeing Brown pitch good against midweek teams and it's warping your brain. There's a reason Brown is midweek. He is not ready to start a SEC weekend. Woody will step up this weekend, watch. I just hope it's on Sunday as we go for the sweep
    He shut out a decent at worst South Alabama team. But like I said- if Preston does well against the more difficult mid week teams, Ole Miss in particular and we don't have an answer for Sunday- it will be hard not to go to him. I do agree that Woodruff should get a start. It's not like he's the only starter that we had that got shelled this weekend.

I think the key to succeeding with our pitching staff is knowing our pitchers limits. Ben is a five inning guy. Fitts can go seven- which is one reason why I like him Saturday. Using Ben on Friday means using Ross, Cox, Lindgren, Holder, etc for four innings. As I have said before- I like matching Woodruff up on the other teams #3 so that can take some pressure off of him- but I would still probably limit him to five innings as well. If he improves as the season goes along, I would possibly try to stretch him out.

vCash
    I think holder is now in play as a starter 4 or 5 innings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post
    Possibly, but I think Cohen was doing whatever he could to win the game- as he has done in the past. Like when he brought Holder in the 2nd or 3rd against Ole Miss. We have two legit closers in Holder and Lindgren though- whereas we only had one last year.

I think we are going to exhaust all of our options with Woodruff first though- the coaches have said that they think he is pretty close to being back.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post
    Disagree

Banned
    vCash
    Gotta be Bracewell/Ross Friday.... Fitts/Gentry/Cox Saturday.... Woodruff/Lingo (as Girodo in the 3rd inning)/everyone Sunday

After Woody bows out again let Lindgren start Fridays

Banned
    vCash
    Lindgren is going to pitch every game, every inning, just like tittyball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    Gotta be Bracewell/Ross Friday.... Fitts/Gentry/Cox Saturday.... Woodruff/Lingo (as Girodo in the 3rd inning)/everyone Sunday

After Woody bows out again let Lindgren start Fridays
    I want Lindgren to go the Chris Stratton route REALLY bad. In a perfect world it would be

Lindgren
    Fitts
    Woodruff (healthy and 100%)

Then we could use Ben midweek and also out of the bullpen.

vCash
    I don't understand why so many of you STILL want to start Woodruff in the SEC after he has had problems in every start this year but one and that was against a HC team playing their FIRST game of the year. Woodruff needs to go to the pen until he regains some confidence. I would start Hudson or Sexton over him right now on Sunday if Brown can't get a shot and if they get in trouble THEN bring in Woodruff. I know Cohen well enough to know that is NOT how he will do it. He will pitch Woody because he's a JR but Woody is getting knocked around right now like a Batting Practice pitcher.

vCash
    I don't understand why so many of you STILL want to start Woodruff in the SEC after he has had problems in every start this year but one and that was against a HC team playing their FIRST game of the year. Woodruff needs to go to the pen until he regains some confidence. I would start Hudson or Sexton over him right now on Sunday if Brown can't get a shot and if they get in trouble THEN bring in Woodruff. I know Cohen well enough to know that is NOT how he will do it. He will pitch Woody because he's a JR but Woody is getting knocked around right now like a Batting Practice pitcher.
    Girodo was getting shelled until the middle of his Senior year, and then BOOM....MVP. You can't scrap Woody's talent. He hasn't pitched nearly as bad as you make it out. He may not regain it, but with his talent, you have to at least keep giving him a shot into SEC play. He isn't out there throwing 12 straight balls like Evan Mitchell...he's not quite head case status yet. I just think you keep showing him you believe in him, and he may surprise us. Even if he can give us 3 strong innings, you take it and then piggy back a Lindgren, Mitchell, Gentry, Cox. That's my feelings anyway.