Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those of you wanting to fire Ray, list a replacement and how he will improve the

vCash

Curious to see a response to this one myself:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDogFather View Post
    Quite an interesting post. You dare those to somehow predict the future. Although simple reason can accumulate a long list of candidates with experience and W-L records far greater than Rick Rays. So that excercize seems futile.

Better yet, you list the accomplishments of the esteemed Mr. Ray that proves he should be retained.
    I'll hang up and listen....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RICKRAYMADE View Post
    Donnie Tyndall at southern miss. Has done very well with zero resources.
    I agree. Tyndall seems to be a good coach. I doubt he could win much more with our current level of talent though.

Archimedes
    vCash
    For roughly 75k per win on our record or 300k per sec win I'm sure we could find a damn good coach. Those are the numbers we paid Ray this year per win in both catorgies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    I'll hang up and listen....
    No shit, what an awful OP.

vCash
    Greg Carter Starkville High School
    News Report, "Mississippi State Quarterback Michael Hening Tried To Throw Himself Off Of Davis-Wade Stadium But He Was Intercepted And Ran Back For A Touchdown"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDogFather View Post
    Better yet, you list the accomplishments of the esteemed Mr. Ray that proves he should be retained.
    The problem is, you can't hire a coach and throw him into the middle of a dumpster fire and then after 2 years say, 'You don't have any accomplishments on your resume, so you're gone'.

We need to get past, at least for the time being, the discussion of firing Ray. I realize the OP is the one that brought up the hypothetical, and I'm talking to him, too. It just isn't going to happen, at the absolute minimum, for one more year.

So let's see what he can accomplish next year.