Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have now gotten to the point I am sad we fired Stands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    when we did. I wish we would have given him another year so our fanbase could have witnessed him come crashing down like they did Jackie and Polk. We have always asked why do we let our coaches tear the program down completely before firing them- well, you are seeing why. The fans wont get behind a new coach picking up the pieces of a former coach unless we let him crash and burn first.

Stands only made 2 NCAA's the last 7 years of his tenure- including none in the last 3. Not only that, he had began to have ridiculous discipline problems. I wish now we had let him go one more year. Let Rodney Hood go ahead and leave...and then Stands coach a team of Wendell Lewis, Craig Sword, Josh Gray and his 18% from 3 his Freshman year at TT, FTF, Gavin Ware, Jalen Steele...Dopeheads Zedakis who later got kicked off the team at Grand Valley State and Shaun Smith on the bench. (Smith was never healthy enough to play in his time in Sville by the way). It would have done our fans good to watch Stands coach that team in 2012-2013. That team winning 15-16 games would have finally convinced many it was time. And the new coach would have gotten a little more support.

But I'll remind you all as we head into the offseason after the SEC Tourney- let's see if Auburn, a team that has been in the basement of the SEC for over a decade- hires Stands. If he is considered by his peers to be such a good guy and coach- he'll land a good job right? Shirley a bottom dweller like Auburn would view him as a saviour would they not? Let's see how that plays out since he has lobbied hard for this job.
    Do I dare say this has AGENDA written all over it?

Banned
    vCash
    It's over Coach34. We will never know what Stans would have done, so you appear foolish and desperate. Ray gets next year with or without you sticking up for him (or your ego, whichever is more relevant).

Banned
    vCash
    Yeah, for the first time in a long time, we can actually say: "Is it football season yet?"

vCash
    An opinion from a Non Basketball fan.

- it was time for Stan's to go. We were an embarrassment to the University
    - RR is rebuilding after a complete destroying of the program
    -RR is an unknown quantity. ( No history of success like Cohen)
    We will not be good anytime soon in Basketball with or without RR.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    If he is considered by his peers to be such a good guy and coach- he'll land a good job right? Shirley a bottom dweller like Auburn would view him as a saviour would they not? Let's see how that plays out since he has lobbied hard for this job.
    And teams will be falling all over themselves next year to land Ray after he is fired. After all...Hes such a good X's and O's coach. It's pretty sad you are stooping to this level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grinnindawg View Post
    Really?

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article...l-restrictions

Hood said. ?It wasn?t like I just decided to leave. My coach left. I went to that school to play for that coach. When he left, I felt like a big part of me left, as far as the reason I went to the school.
    Huh? If Stans hadn't of left, neither would've Hood. Not sure what point you're trying to prove. I think you're agreeing with me but making yourself look stupid.

vCash
    Really?

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article...l-restrictions

Hood said. ?It wasn?t like I just decided to leave. My coach left. I went to that school to play for that coach. When he left, I felt like a big part of me left, as far as the reason I went to the school.
    I meant wouldn't have not would've have. You just misread it I guess.

vCash
    Hood has made statements like the Dook one...He's also made statements that he wanted to leave in Feb...and I saw another quote the other day that us hiring Ray made it hard for him to leave

Hood was out the door
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sbcmortgageman View Post
    Huh? If Stans hadn't of left, neither would've Hood. Not sure what point you're trying to prove. I think you're agreeing with me but making yourself look stupid.
    Ricky Hood, Rodney's father, who transferred from MSU to Murray State University more than 30 years ago, said his son made up his mind two months ago to transfer. He said the hiring of Ray had nothing to do with the decision.

Read more: http://cdispatch.com/sports/article....#ixzz2vVwWlS8N

vCash
    "It was just a long, tough year for me," Hood said in April when he announced his intention to transfer. "Coach (Rick) Ray will be a great asset to Mississippi State, and getting to know him last week made this decision even harder, but after much thought, I am going to ask for a release. I wish my teammates and the program nothing but the best."

Read more: http://cdispatch.com/sports/article....#ixzz2vVzaCRKo

vCash
    Your original sentence: "Hood would've have transferred. So your theory is blown."

Not sure how to misread. Must be the stupidity

vCash
    Given the quotes, who knows what he would've done if Stans had stayed.

I hope Ray can land a player or 2 or 3 like him.

I wish Chizik, Shula, Pelphrey etc. had stayed.
    Wishing a Mississippi State coach would've stayed around so he could fail worse is a twisted view.
    I truly think Stans somehow personally hurt your feelings.

vCash
    The statement means that him struggling once again- as he would most certainly have given what was left for the 2012-2013 season- would have minimized the split in our fanbase and given our new coach more support. We have people that have quit supporting the program when we fired Stands. Waiting one more year to make the writing on the wall even more evident might have made these boosters take a different path.

My quote has literally nothing to do with Stands- and everything to do with the well being of our program moving forward

vCash
    Any way you parse it you wish we'd had a worse year last year than we actually had. That's sad.
    Wishing for State to lose so we can get a new coach is an old State tradition, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

We don't know what another year with Stans would've been.
    I think he'd have been around .500 in the NCAA, not managed difficult personalities well, gotten less than their capability out of his players at times, and possibly been on the NCAA bubble.

For having nothing to do with Stands, you sure mentioned him a lot.

vCash
    We don't know what another year with Stans would've been.
    I think he'd have been around .500 in the NCAA, not managed difficult personalities well, gotten less than their capability out of his players at times, and possibly been on the NCAA bubble.
    Yes, we do know.

We know that Josh Gray as a Freshman at TT shot 18% from 3-and had more turnovers than assists.
    We know that Craig Sword couldnt make a shot from outside the paint as a freshman
    We know that Ware was in awful shape when he arrived and Stands lack of a strength program wouldnt have had him close to where he needed to be
    We know that FTF shot 22% from 3 as a Freshman
    We know that Jalen Steele struggled early in the season returning from an injury- and then ended up hurt again
    We know that Shaun Smith was a waste
    We know that Zedakis couldnt even make it at Grand Valley State after leaving Starkville.
    We know that Wendell Lewis was a 6th man type player

It's pretty obvious from what has transpired that had Stands coached that bunch in 2013 that they would have struggled to win 15 games. Hell, he barely won 15 games in 2006 and he had Jamont and Rhodes that season after losing most of his previous roster.

vCash
    For having nothing to do with Stands, you sure mentioned him a lot.
    Well, it's kind of like Van Halen when they brought on Sammy Hagar. No matter what he did and how good it was, people always kept bringing up David Lee Roth and refused to move forward

vCash
    That's your opinion. It may have been likely, but we don't "know".

The 2005-2006 team had a lot of talent, but multiple difficult personalities.
    Stans never was good at handling that.
    Wish we had half of those players.

vCash
    You brought him up.

I wish we'd quit talking about him.

This board is awesome except for the relentless "it's stans fault" drum beat.

vCash
    Let me rephrase for you folks that are hard of hearing: Rodney Hood would have stayed at MSU if Stans would have stayed at MSU. Clean your ears out.

vCash
    Well, it's kind of like Van Halen when they brought on Sammy Hagar. No matter what he did and how good it was, people always kept bringing up David Lee Roth and refused to move forward
    Not me. I thought they were better with Hagar. So far that's not the case with Ray. Hope in time I have the same opinion of Ray as I did with Hagar. Doubt it though.