Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Laster??

vCash
    Anybody remember this thread? Ya boy knew Laster had potential after his first inning. This guy will help us if we make a deep run this year...and next year, you can pretty much pencil him in as the #3 starter for the first weekend series. He doesn't have Girodo's velocity, but he's getting better and better every time he pitches. Hell of a job tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Anybody remember this thread? Ya boy knew Laster had potential after his first inning. This guy will help us if we make a deep run this year...and next year, you can pretty much pencil him in as the #3 starter for the first weekend series. He doesn't have Girodo's velocity, but he's getting better and better every time he pitches. Hell of a job tonight.
    Maybe you can pencil him in.

I'm hoping it's Fitts, Ross, and Woodruff. Laster will no doubt be in the mix. I'm also hoping that Preston Brown will be healthy and in the mix as well. If my ideal rotation works out, Laster would essentially have the same role that Ross used to have.

We have three freshmen- Dakota Hudson, Austin Sexton, and Vance Tatum that will compete for spots in the rotation as well and can't be ruled out. Jesse McCord will throw his hat in the ring as well next year.

vCash
    The Girodo comparison seems apt today. He showed some Girodos last night for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Maybe you can pencil him in.

I'm hoping it's Fitts, Ross, and Woodruff. Laster will no doubt be in the mix. I'm also hoping that Preston Brown will be healthy and in the mix as well. If my ideal rotation works out, Laster would essentially have the same role that Ross used to have.

We have three freshmen- Dakota Hudson, Austin Sexton, and Vance Tatum that will compete for spots in the rotation as well and can't be ruled out. Jesse McCord will throw his hat in the ring as well next year.
    Yea, if he or Preston aren't one of our weekend starters by SEC play (and are healthy), we have a great problem on our hands next year.

In a perfect World, Woodruff comes back and has a big year, but at this point I'm not expecting it. Wouldn't it be great to have 3 Seniors as our weekend rotation though?
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 05-21-2014 at 06:18 AM.

vCash
    So you want Garner and Humphreys in the lineup together because they are our best hitters or because they have some pop in their batts? Both have looked just as bad as or worse than Britton when facing SEC pitching. Britton has actually been hitting the ball much better as of late and neither Garner or Humphreys brings anything close to what Britton brings us on the field. Britton is 100 percent our best option at 3rd base. He makes plays and saves baserunners every game with his D and cannon. And having Garner in there takes Collins out of the lineup as well. Hell, try Garner at 1st base if anything and put both Detz and Rea at DH or bench if anything. Next season both Garner and Humphreys will be much more of a factor but for the rest of this season Britton should be at 3rd in my worthless opinion.

vCash
    teach Britton to catch. problem solved.