ct cf
    rea 1b
    pirtle 2b
    garner dh
    detz 3b
    hendu rf
    heck ss
    randolph c

Glad to see Heck get a shot, but moving up CT and putting Randolph back out there?

vCash
    Thought the same thing. I'd prefer to put CT 8th, move Detz to 2nd. Bump Hindu and Heck up one spot and catch Collins

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Detz is batting 6th. I think Will James's head might explode.

Seriously, I agree with all the personnel on the field (except maybe Randolph), but that order is a little strange.

vCash
    No doubt Randolph and CT will each go 4-4 tonight.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    No Robson in CF? I thought he played well this last weekend with the walks and stolen bases.

vCash
    Detz is hitting .200 coming into today. We need someone getting hits out of that spot- not walks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    No Robson in CF? I thought he played well this last weekend with the walks and stolen bases.
    Unfortunately, we can only play three out there. Everyone will get their shot though.

Banned
    vCash
    13 runs... line-up worked pretty good. Just like I stated the other day, the lineup needed to be staggered. this was more staggered and it worked.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    13 runs... line-up worked pretty good. Just like I stated the other day, the lineup needed to be staggered. this was more staggered and it worked.
    The lineup order itself had nothing to do with the 13 runs.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    The lineup order itself had nothing to do with the 13 runs.
    you are a wise baseball guy but on this I completely disagree.. It may be completely mental but completely disagree.. My spots in the lineup always impacted my hitting. I led off for 9 games as a frosh, I was hitting near 400 and had 7 extra base hits... Due to the extra base hits, I was moved to 3rd in the order.. I slumped badly. Literally doing nothing. I dropped 150 points in my average in just few short games. My coach had a choice.. Move me down the lineup or move me back to where I was. in wisdom he moved me back to where I was. Finished the year batting 320 with a TON of extra base hits..... As a senior I hit well over 400 and i batted 3rd the entire year other than one game when coach was trying to get a spark i was moved to 4th and struck out 3 times... needless to say that was a 1 game deal.....Now having said that I do agree that many are not affected that way but some are. That is why the phrase "shaking up the lineup " exists. Baseball is a funny game but I assure you that a lineup can make or break the run production of the game. If Henderson had not been batting where he was in the order, we would not have had the huge inning bc there a good chance whoever was there would have gotten out.

Banned
    vCash
    I will say this... if there is one thing that should be settled RIGHT NOW its that Heck should be our SS.. PERIOD! competition closed!