Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, an Ole Miss student gets beat down in Austin...

vCash

So, an Ole Miss student gets beat down in Austin...

I mention it on here and Ole Miss fans lose their shit about it. I said that the kid ran his mouth and should have been prepared better to defend himself. They attacked me verbally on twitter, posted my personal info everywhere, linked my Facebook, said terrible things about my family, etc...

Ole Miss student gets knocked the **** out and beat down by the Kimchees????

"Prior to driving off, the defendants were observed laughing and celebrating the attack."

Rebel Nation defends the Kimchees for beating up a student. They are literally blaming the student and claiming frivilous lawsuit. Why? They are claiming the kid said something to Kimchee he shouldn't have (like the kid in Austin)

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Hypocrisy. The Ole Miss way.

Banned
    vCash
    All in the name of football. Cowards, is all I can say.

The Nkemdashians need their asses kicked in the worst damn way.

vCash
    Could this be considered a hate crime? I assume the kid was white. Black on white, and it was a beat down/stomping.

Banned
    vCash
    This won't be popular, but it probably should be. If it was the other way around, it would be. Of course, they'll never be able to prove the racial 'hate' intention, especially because likely there were other white cowards standing around slapping asses with the Nkemdashians. Think about the Jeremy Hill situation.

vCash
    If it were reversed, and multiple, well recognized, white athletes (regardless of sport) beat the crap out of a black student, those guys would be under the jail! It would be considered racial profiling, hate crime, simple assault, attempted murder, you name it...they would be getting it.

If this happened at MSU, I would want those responsible expelled and face criminal charges. There is no way, with all of the phones on a college campus, no one took pics or videoed the incident...no way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    All in the name of football. Cowards, is all I can say.

The Nkemdashians need their asses kicked in the worst damn way.
    That happened on Thanksgiving. Chris Jones whipped that ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Could this be considered a hate crime? I assume the kid was white. Black on white, and it was a beat down/stomping.
    I've been wondering this. Are the plaintiffs white? I'd like to know.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Rebel Nation defends the Kimchees for beating up a student. They are literally blaming the student and claiming frivilous lawsuit.
    Clearly, the Nkemdiches beat the shit out of a kid. There is no excusing that and anyone that tries to is an idiot.

But to be fair, the lawsuit is a pretty frivolous. Maybe I'm showing my politics here, but $1M for compensatory damages and $1M for punitive damages is absurd. I hate litigation.

I also find it ironic that the kid waited a full year to file suit so that the statute of limitations would pass so they couldn't be criminally charged. True rebel, willing to sue the shit out of someone but unwilling to have an assbeating effect football season.

Banned
    vCash
    I agree, it pisses me off to no end. And to prove I'm not hypocritical, I was very critical of the Thug 6 that beat up the cop at MSU at Level 3. That cop just happened to be a friend of mine that I grew up with, so it hit home a little more. They were all prosecuted. Why aren't the Ole Miss guys? We all know the answer.

vCash
    If it were reversed, and multiple, well recognized, white athletes (regardless of sport) beat the crap out of a black student, those guys would be under the jail! It would be considered racial profiling, hate crime, simple assault, attempted murder, you name it...they would be getting it.
    The glaring difference is that white people have not historically been oppressed by black people.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    The glaring difference is that white people have not historically been oppressed by black people.
    Dead on.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm really, REALLY not trying to start a political flame war, but.....why does that matter in THIS case?? Or any case since integration. By your logic, there basically can not ever be a hate crime charge filed against a black person in a black on white crime.

vCash
    So black people can't hate on white people? So blacks and Jews can claim hate crimes, and homosexuals too, right? That's not fair and balanced!

Banned
    vCash
    OR....he maybe wouldn't have sued if they HAD gotten criminal charges brought against them. YOU don't need to automatically assume the guy wants to get rich quick. He's probably piping mad by now and wants any revenge possible. The money is just a side perk.

I'm thinking he probably had no choice but to wait a year correct? Give the police time to file charges and if not, he can say he waited and did his due diligence. He probably also has a good handle on the medical expenses and what he's lost/not lost.

If there was ever a time to sue somebody, this would be it.

vCash
    Tread lightly.

vCash

If this happened at MSU, I would want those responsible expelled and face criminal charges. There is no way, with all of the phones on a college campus, no one took pics or videoed the incident...no way!
    Yeah I agree completely about the phones point. There has to be some kid in that fraternity with a video, but unfortunately it'll get deleted before anything happens in order to protect their god loving football players.

vCash
    If you get your ass beat without provocation, and suffer serious medical bills, then your damn right you should sue those responsible. A hospital stay can cost thousands of dollars, regardless if you are insured. Someone puts you there why should you have to pick up the tab.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    OR....he maybe wouldn't have sued if they HAD gotten criminal charges brought against them. YOU don't need to automatically assume the guy wants to get rich quick. He's probably piping mad by now and wants any revenge possible. The money is just a side perk.

I'm thinking he probably had no choice but to wait a year correct? Give the police time to file charges and if not, he can say he waited and did his due diligence. He probably also has a good handle on the medical expenses and what he's lost/not lost.

If there was ever a time to sue somebody, this would be it.
    Partially agree.

The $1M for compensatory damages is legit. I have no problem with that.

The $1M for punitive damages is bullshit in this instance and every instance.

Banned
    vCash
    Got to pay for the lawyers, right?