Thread: Basketball Finish Post/Discussion

vCash

Basketball Finish Post/Discussion

I was looking at bball and how the season can finish. We are at 13-10 after the worst part of our schedule (5 straight losses). Do we have enough left in the tank to finish at or over .500 and get a CBI bid (that was my goal at the beginning of the season). When you look at the schedule, UGA in the Hump coming up is a crucial, "must win". Another thing is we have to find more offense. Gotta get more out of Freddy and Ready down the stretch. What say ye on the basketball stretch run? Yall have any hope? What needs to be done to finish strong? Discuss. Of course I added my 2 cents http://3rdand57.com/crucial-time-for-msu-basketball/ but most of my thoughts are in this thread.

vCash
    Looking strictly at the schedule on paper, I see three more should-wins in Georgia, Arkansas, and SC at home, then I think we get one more out of the remaining games. However, the uncertainty of whether our young, thin team will bounce back from the stretch we just finished or not leaves me a little less confident that I would be. I think it could go either way, and worst case we only win one, maybe two more. If Ray can keep this group motivated enough to get four or more wins in the regular season, I'll be impressed.

vCash
    Have to beat Georgia to get some confidence back a gain a little momentum
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Ray did a great job keeping the team focused and fighting through a far longer stretch last year, so I assume we'll similarly see some rejuvenation toward the end of the year this year and to finish out with a few wins. I doubt we make the CBI no matter what, but I think we can still get to 6-7 SEC wins.

I won't be disappointed if we don't, but again, this stretch is nothing like our losing streak last year (we were getting flat out destroyed in most of those games).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That's exactly what I think

vCash
    Doesn't the sec say no to the cbi. Thought that was policy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post

Maybe that's just another reason the SEC sux as a conference because the other BCS conferences play in it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Is that a fact .I was thinking we could ,Texas and Purdue has been in CBI in past years ,Does anyone on the board know?
    Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post

vCash
    It a must win in more ways than one .
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

vCash
    CBI started in 2008, doesn't look like an sec team has played in it, but other big conference schools have played in it. Gets little coverage in the media.

Banned
    vCash
    ive got an opinion but for the sake of not wanting to be bombarded with folks calling me out I wont share it... I will just keep to myself how much I think Ray sucks.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    ive got an opinion but for the sake of not wanting to be bombarded with folks calling me out I wont share it... I will just keep to myself how much I think Ray sucks.
    Is it more or less than you think Dan Mullen sucks?**

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    Is it more or less than you think Dan Mullen sucks?**
    oh, much much more..

vCash
    I don't think Ray sucks. I think he is an average to above average coach. I do however think he has dug himself a huge hole by a lot of his personnel decisions and it will be a tall task to get us back to respectability . The only way to do this is upgrade the talent on our roster . We will see if guys like Dunlap and Ndoye are the answer