Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mullen takes another jab at Freeze about the Tee situation?

vCash
    I agree with Mullen fully. However, Ole Miss is all about recruiting so Freeze has to do whatever he has to get recruits. He had to feel like his big targets was not going to come thru, so he needed Tee to make a splash and get the joke back on us. If a 2;30 am phone call was what was needed, Freeze had no problems with it. Then chalked it up as "talking a kid thru a decision," you know all mentor like an all.

vCash
    According to Rosebowl, Freeze wasn't on the phone till 2:30 with Tee Shepherd. Rather, that was just a story that was made up to help Freeze save face. This recruiting battle zero, zippo, nada, nothing to do with Freeze out recruiting Mullen or being on the phone late with Tee.

vCash
    Why do y'all believe anything that Rabbit Rosebowl says? This board gets better intel then what he provides.

vCash
    The funny thing about that whole situation is when everyone woke up Wednesday, no one, not MSU fans, OM fans, or recruiting writers, knew OM was even in the picture... OM fans were screaming "Who cares! He won't qualify!" By 10:30, he was the last one that hasn't signed. People started wondering. Then by 11, the rumors started leaking about OM coming in the last second. By 12:30, he signed with OM. Then the OM fans screamed like they signed a 4 star Rhodes Scholar. Mullen did nothing wrong. You can't do anything about the "behind the scenes" recruiting that they pull. They came after a lot of our boys the night before. They only got one.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Mullen's quote tells you all you need to know. He said it- without saying it.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    According to Rosebowl, Freeze wasn't on the phone till 2:30 with Tee Shepherd. Rather, that was just a story that was made up to help Freeze save face. This recruiting battle zero, zippo, nada, nothing to do with Freeze out recruiting Mullen or being on the phone late with Tee.
    Well, what did he say happened?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Why do y'all believe anything that Rabbit Rosebowl says? This board gets better intel then what he provides.
    Todd4State vs. Rosebowl:

Todd4State- Right about Brandon Bryant not getting his scholarship pulled, Trey Carter, and Grant Harris. Also ultimately right about there not being a rabbit- although I won't nail Rosebowl for that one since our coaches were fooled as well.

Rosebowl- Right about Cory Thomas, embarrassed himself over pulling Brandon Bryant's scholarship because he "lied" to him, and said that Grant Harris would be left out of our class for a long time on his board. Made the Tee Shepherd incident even worse by making him into a recruiting mystery game. I said OJ Smith was 50/50, but Rosebowl said that there was a good chance we would get him. I'll call that one a wash because there was no way I was going to be right either way and Rosebowl technically wasn't wrong.

Now to be clear- I'm NOT saying this to toot my own horn. My point is to show that a casual observer making educated guesses is right as much or more than he is with his super connected "sources".

If this was Genespage, he would tell me how I don't know the whole story and how he was really right all along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Point taken.

But I tend to think that most people, including me would prefer to keep it clean and do it the right way if at all possible.
    Todd, while I think I know where you are coming from, and I have no desire to see us stoop to the tactics and underhanded dealings that OM has going on PLEASE don't use that term "do it the right way" because I think I just threw up in my mouth. I guess after the Croom years in football and now seeing where our once half-way proud basketball program is headed in the name of "cleaning up the program" that phrase just makes the hair on my neck bristle.

vCash
    I'm still confused how this kid takes phone calls

vCash
    I suppose none of you have heard of text messages....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    I'm still confused how this kid takes phone calls
    He has special hearing aids that allow him to talk on the phone
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Geezer
    vCash
    It was well documented that Aeris Williams mom got so pissed off at Matt Luke that she went to West Points football coach and told him to call TSUN and tell them to quit calling. He was calling every day and night for weeks. It has put a bad taste in Aeris's mouth and I hope he takes it out on them. They have no morals and will use any enticement to get kids to campus to cut a deal with them.