Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mullen takes another jab at Freeze about the Tee situation?

Banned
    vCash

mullen takes another jab at Freeze about the Tee situation?

here is a quote from Dan, he is answering a question about coaching hires but he throws this little dig in there and I love it!

?You kind of look at the clock sometimes and say if I call up a prospect right now, if someone called my house my mom is going to answer it and yell at it,? Mullen said. ?I guess just how I was raised.?

more of the you talk it hugh, I will walk it stuff!!

vCash
    agree 100%
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash

vCash
    Calling these recruits at all hours of the night just bothers me for some reason. It just wreeks of desperation, I'm glad Mullen called him out on it.

vCash
    Mullen has to realize he's dealing with a ruthless character in Freeze, he's not playing pattycake with Nutt anymore. He needs to get a backbone.

Reminds me of PoLk and Bertman in the 90's. Polk didn't realize til too late, he was competing against a different animal in Bertman. Ol Skipper started kicking Polk's ass and winning national titles. Mullen needs to wake up before it's too late.

vCash
    Love it.
    (Shameless post count getterupper w/o adding anything)

vCash
    That's a long call to complete through a relay service, or can Tee hear good enough to talk on the phone? Did he have someone talking to Freeze and relaying to him? Honest question. I'm not trying to make a joke.

vCash
    In all seriousness, I wonder how many other head coaches across the country are pulling these all night phone calls the night before signing day. That would be an interesting poll. I would guess less than 15% after midnight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post
    Mullen has to realize he's dealing with a ruthless character in Freeze, he's not playing pattycake with Nutt anymore. He needs to get a backbone.

Reminds me of PoLk and Bertman in the 90's. Polk didn't realize til too late, he was competing against a different animal in Bertman. Ol Skipper started kicking Polk's ass and winning national titles. Mullen needs to wake up before it's too late.
    I think he absolutely realizes it but refuses to wrestle in the mud and I think that's the right approach. Freeze is a CLASSIC flash in the pan, no one with an ounce of sense will give a shit about him in 2 years and he'll be coaching at LA Tech or somewhere like that. Slimy character that's entering the 3rd act of his pathetic little play up in Oxford, Dan closes it out with the beat down on Thanksgiving. I only hope that we get to see the complete implosion with OM missing a bowl this year and benching Bo for Kincade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post

I think Dan knows exactly what he's dealing with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randyholloway View Post
    I think he absolutely realizes it but refuses to wrestle in the mud and I think that's the right approach. Freeze is a CLASSIC flash in the pan, no one with an ounce of sense will give a shit about him in 2 years and he'll be coaching at LA Tech or somewhere like that. Slimy character that's entering the 3rd act of his pathetic little play up in Oxford, Dan closes it out with the beat down on Thanksgiving. I only hope that we get to see the complete implosion with OM missing a bowl this year and benching Bo for Kincade.
    There's no reason for us to stray away from what we are doing. When Dan took over we were a three-six win type team. Now we are a seven to nine win team that goes to bowls every year.

Banned
    vCash
    I think Freeze has shown he's a classless buffoon, but on the other hand he's pulling in recruits.

I find it odd that we have people praise Mullen for not playing the game, bash Bracky for not playing the game, and then bitch that we need to start playing the game to step up recruiting. Isn't that all kind of contradictory?

vCash
    You know, honestly, Freeze is the perfect HC for the OM fan base. I say that because just as the bulk of OM fans are obsessed, creepy and over the top about ANYTHING related to recruiting, SO IS FREEZE. Freeze is in perfect tune with his fanbase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDog58 View Post
    I think Freeze has shown he's a classless buffoon, but on the other hand he's pulling in recruits.

I find it odd that we have people praise Mullen for not playing the game, bash Bracky for not playing the game, and then bitch that we need to start playing the game to step up recruiting. Isn't that all kind of contradictory?
    Definitely in conflict. I'm in the camp where Dan keeps doing what he's doing, recruiting classes averaging in the top 25 - 30 on a consistent basis. We can do that without Freeze tactics. As for Bracky, as long as he doesn't interfere with what we're doing and keeps us out of trouble I'm good. I think we've over-corrected there but as long as we're sanctions-free I won't complain. Guys like Freeze will come and go, guys like Mullen will have statues in their honor. I'm good with having Dan.

Banned
    vCash

No. We need to play some form of the game. The form Freezus plays is not a form we ever need to play. He's a P.O.S.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    You know, honestly, Freeze is the perfect HC for the OM fan base. I say that because just as the bulk of OM fans are obsessed, creepy and over the top about ANYTHING related to recruiting, SO IS FREEZE. Freeze is in perfect tune with his fanbase.
    Excellent post.

vCash
    randy you hit the nail on the head..I'm so looking forward to our next eggbowl and this literally will be our biggest game going forward next year..if we whip that ass in Oxford this year the meltdown will begin...I say that because we will have their ass at home next and that will send frezzus back to the ark states and La Techs of the world..he's come in and started this underhanded secret shit with several of our recruits. He's dangled that bait out there for all our commitments and Only one was stupid enough to take the bite..my hope If CDM Dan keep us is healthy thru the season "y'all look out"

vCash
    We could very well whip that ass in Oxford. I hope we dismantle that fake program and send their swindler ass fanbase into hiding.

vCash

Point taken.

But I tend to think that most people, including me would prefer to keep it clean and do it the right way if at all possible. That said, if Ole Miss is paying off players, I also don't think we should sit around and just take it. I think we should stand up for ourselves and if that means counting offers (or playing the game) then you have to do what you have to do.

I also understand that some of these kids come from disadvantaged backgrounds and if Ole Miss offers their family 50K and a job, it's going to be hard for them to turn that down- even if they like MSU better and even if they like Dan better. There's only one logical way to counter that. I get that and it's a moral dilemma because like I said I want to play the game fair and square if at all possible.

Now all that said, I think this needs to be said- the more we beat them on the field, and the more success we continue to have over time- the less their money and promises mean and have an effect.

These kids in high school look up to some of these players that committed yesterday. And when they see a guy like Tobias Singleton and Nick Brassell go to Ole Miss and become a bust and then they see a guy like Chris Jones and Ashton Shumpert go to MSU and succeed they take note of that too. And the guys that we've had picked high recently in the NFL draft- Sherrod, Cox, Banks, and now Gabe Jackson, and then possibly next year Benardrick McKinney all being from Mississippi- they're going to take note of that too. All of that factors in and the more success we have, the better.

vCash
    Rev. Freeze has had one great class. Lets not call him a recruiting god. It was a perfect storm only because the number 1 prospect in the country had a brother on the team. Once he committed, everyone who was anyone wanted to play with him (not Hugh Freeze). We are due for a great class as well and we will do it without the speculation of cheating and without all the stupid games. Dan has done a great job getting us the players we need and for anyone who watches MSU football, you know we are on the cusp of something great. We don't need to follow anything that Snob U does. Just keep our path and the players will come. We might not win a National Championship in the next few years, but when Ole Miss implodes and the entire administration is on coachingsearch.org, we all will know who the victors are.