Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elam chooses Kentucky

vCash

Elam chooses Kentucky

How does think affect oj smith?

vCash
    Not in a good way.

vCash
    Means we can't catch a break in recruiting to save our lives is what it means.

vCash
    Yeah this seems to be the double whammy. Bama keeps oj and Kentucky gets better with Elam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeah this seems to be the double whammy. Bama keeps oj and Kentucky gets better with Elam
    In general January doesn't seem to be kind to us in recruiting since Mullen has been here. We did pick up Ross and Cleveland last year late but we also whiffed on a number of other bigger prospects that Brewster was on. Shepard will be great if we get him committed and get him in school. Sort of losing faith on how many of these DL we can snag given 2 of them (Thomas and Carter) are committed elsewhere. Nothing really left out there on the OL front now.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I'm just having a difficult time seeing how Kentucky is recruiting this well after a horrible season and their recent suckage in football.

vCash
    UK might have a solid season coming up. I'm pretty worried about that game to be honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I'm just having a difficult time seeing how Kentucky is recruiting this well after a horrible season and their recent suckage in football.
    I think it might have a lot to do with Lexington being a pretty cool place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its the second biggest SEC city aside from Nashville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I think it might have a lot to do with Lexington being a pretty cool place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its the second biggest SEC city aside from Nashville.
    As was mentioned in another thread its much more likely they have adopted the same model OM has. Lexington is the same place its been for the past 15-20 years and it hadn't helped them in recruiting.

vCash
    Kentucky is spending money- good gosh they have beaten Ohio State and now Bama out for recruits.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    New coach - selling SEC football to Ohio players that OSU is not really offering. Now they landed the best player in state by selling him on staying home.

I would much rather Vandy be the team that is getting all this attention, the way they were a few months ago.

I mean Kentucky is looking like they are signing a top 20 class. Vandy may not sign 20 players, their class is a train wreck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    As was mentioned in another thread its much more likely they have adopted the same model OM has. Lexington is the same place its been for the past 15-20 years and it hadn't helped them in recruiting.
    Fair enough but I believe the single biggest thing that hurts MSU against these other programs is location/atmosphere.

vCash
    Kentucky will come back down to earth some next year. Every SEC school has an advantage over everyone else in that playing SEC football is a huge draw to recruits right now.

Add to that the fact that it is a new staff, and it's a lot easier to be a great recruiter when you're selling a dream and a vision than once you have 2-3 years of mediocrity under your belt.

I'm one who doesn't buy much of the 'Ole Miss is paying everybody' stuff. However, I do think they recruit differently and that they sell a party, fun atmosphere, and obviously use girls in this. I'm sure we do that on some level, but it doesn't seem to be to the level they do. Kentucky may be taking a similar approach.

Regardless, that approach is still going to be minimal if you can't also sell the program. We saw that Freeze was able to sell the program a lot easier when he didn't have much evidence on the field one way or another; the longer they go without winning big, the harder it will become to bring in the elite athletes...same with Kentucky.

I expect Kentucky to fall back to around 30ish probably next year.

vCash
    Y'all do realize Elam is from KY?

Banned
    vCash
    It's Kentucky. Who gives a shit. We handled that ass in the best year UK has had since I don't remember when in 2007. This is with Croom now in the same year that they beat LSU. We beat them 35-14 I think. In Lexington.......

vCash
    No game in the SEC is a gimme. We were a shoe string tackle away from losing to KY this past season.....in STARKVILLE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    How does think affect oj smith?
    17 17 17!!!!!!!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    17 17 17!!!!!!!
    The answer is 51.

17 is a sixpackspeak thing, please leave it there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Kentucky will come back down to earth some next year. Every SEC school has an advantage over everyone else in that playing SEC football is a huge draw to recruits right now.

Add to that the fact that it is a new staff, and it's a lot easier to be a great recruiter when you're selling a dream and a vision than once you have 2-3 years of mediocrity under your belt.

I'm one who doesn't buy much of the 'Ole Miss is paying everybody' stuff. However, I do think they recruit differently and that they sell a party, fun atmosphere, and obviously use girls in this. I'm sure we do that on some level, but it doesn't seem to be to the level they do. Kentucky may be taking a similar approach.

Regardless, that approach is still going to be minimal if you can't also sell the program. We saw that Freeze was able to sell the program a lot easier when he didn't have much evidence on the field one way or another; the longer they go without winning big, the harder it will become to bring in the elite athletes...same with Kentucky.

I expect Kentucky to fall back to around 30ish probably next year.
    Great post.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    17 17 17!!!!!!!
    So are you guys gonna keep oj now?