Thread: Populous tabbed for new braves park.

vCash

Populous tabbed for new braves park.

This is the firm msu is consulting with, correct? With the msu alum.

vCash
    correct. both DWS (conceptual) and DNF.
    Last edited by mjh94; 01-28-2014 at 02:45 PM.

vCash
    Cool. On the topic of baseball stadium, I was looking at plainsman park seating diagram, and it looks like their sight lines down the lines are utter crap. Someone that's been there care to chime in?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    Cool. On the topic of baseball stadium, I was looking at plainsman park seating diagram, and it looks like their sight lines down the lines are utter crap. Someone that's been there care to chime in?
    Yes. It's really bad the farther you go down their foul lines -- alleviated somewhat by the fact that it's a hybrid open concourse -- so you can stand behind the seating area and still see the field well and also because it virtually never packs out. They've got an excuse though with their space constraints in that spot though...

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    They are awful, and it's a pretty similar angle as the seats would've been at DNF had we just thrown some chairbacks down the lines. Actually, Auburn's sightlines are probably better than ours would be. Thank God we're moving in the right direction now. Here's a picture for the people who don't understand the sightline issue.

Imagine trying to watch a game from a box seat next to the foul pole- you wouldn't be able to see shit.

vCash
    Most baseball stadiums had bad sightlines until camden yards in the early nineties. Janet Smith changed the design culture.

vCash
    Yeah that's why I thought it was relevant, with all the discussion we've had here and on SPS about sightlines. It's a pretty, quaint little park from what I've seen but not a great facility. I may go down there this year but I don't want to sit near the foul poles, I know that much.