Thread: New Truck

vCash

New Truck

Today I finally went in a traded in my old, beat up 97 Nissan XE 4x4. It was a great truck that never had any major mechanical issues, just regular maintenance. I ended up getting a 2014 Tacoma. Nothing special. Just the 6 cylinder w/4 doors. It's hard to pass up the Toyota care package. Any Toyota guys on here? I'm hoping this is another truck I can drive for a long time. Also, one of the managers up there is a good bulldog and helped me out . He's @toyotaclay on twitter.

Sun was so bright today, I couldn't get a good outside pic.

vCash
    nice man....

vCash
    Nice. I had a '99 4x4 Tacoma that I often wish I still had, but needed more room than that. Toyota makes some great trucks.

vCash
    It looks nice.
    Last edited by BeastMan; 01-28-2014 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Spam

vCash
    I've had a 4Runner, Camry, Tacoma, 4Runner, and now a Tundra.

The 2nd 4Runner is the only one I had problems with. A seal blew and engine locked up. Had to sell it for scrap.

vCash
    Nice looking truck. Hard to go wrong with a Tacoma. I saw that Government Motors is releasing a new version of their Colorado/Canyon that might eventually provide some competition to the Tacoma. The new midsize GM trucks look nice, yet I sure as heck wouldn't ever want to buy a GM product in its first year of production. So the Taco should lead the segment for at least two more years.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I've had a 89 Camry (V6, that thing would absolutely fly, fastest I got was 117), a 96 T100 2WD Ext cab, and now a 08 Tundra Dbl Cab 2WD. No major issues with any of them, although I wish I would've waited on the 09 Tundra so they could've fixed some of the little issues first. Oh well, it's paid for and I plan on driving it until it can't go any further.

vCash
    Always wanted a Tacoma, just need more room. My Dad had one, well I don't think they were called Tacomas back then. Anyway, he'd had it for 14 years. When he traded it in it had 325,000 miles on it and the only problem he ever had was a belt broke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chainedup_Dawg View Post
    Always wanted a Tacoma, just need more room. My Dad had one, well I don't think they were called Tacomas back then. Anyway, he'd had it for 14 years. When he traded it in it had 325,000 miles on it and the only problem he ever had was a belt broke.
    I loved my Tacoma but I like my tundra more. has much more room in it and it's an SR5 so the back window rolls down , has the tow package, etc...