Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: baseball tweets....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    will cox will def be in the hunt for a starting roll
    Is that the King James version of "role"? Just kidding.

I'm pretty sure Cox will be in the bullpen. But he will still see a lot of action.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    will cox will def be in the hunt for a starting roll
    If that role is a WJ once through the order then the Lindgren comes in for the 3-8 innings then yes. Cox is good, but shouldn't be getting more innings than some of our other guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    If that role is a WJ once through the order then the Lindgren comes in for the 3-8 innings then yes. Cox is good, but shouldn't be getting more innings than some of our other guys.
    Cox would have been our ace 5-6 years ago. That's how much depth we have built up.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Is that the King James version of "role"? Just kidding.

I'm pretty sure Cox will be in the bullpen. But he will still see a lot of action.
    Nice One!

Banned
    vCash
    that's kind of what I think.. Much like fitts was used late last season

vCash

Doubt it seriously.......I like Will but he's coming outta the pen unless he makes an

occasional midweek start...........

vCash
    I would be shocked about Swinarski RS bc he would be drafted after 3 years, I think he plays.

vCash
    Thanks Todd and MsStateBaseball for the breakdown. I'm really looking forward to this season and next season in baseball.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    You can still be drafted after three years even if you red shirt. I don't think that's s big factor. I agree Todd ,probably should have stayed. But Cohen and Swanarskis family may have had some agreement to not red shirt him.

Banned
    vCash
    Detz was 1-1 with 2 BB's today. Me gusta.

Leadoff material

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    I would be shocked about Swinarski RS bc he would be drafted after 3 years, I think he plays.
    where is he going to play? Who is he going to take playing time from?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I was shocked to see Swinarski listed as well, and things could change, but as Todd' breakdown alluded to, he is behind several folks in the OF. Take away CT, Robson & Demarcus, who lets say start, & you still have Vickerson, Armstrong, C Brown & possibly Humphries. Swinarski simply didn't have a good fall, while older guys earned playing time. Good thing is he's already here getting acclimated, in the strength program and primed to play next year at worst.

vCash
    I think he will play late in games and have 20 abs on the season then start the next two years.

vCash
    I love Alex in the top of the order he is an on base machine. Not sure if his speed is right for lead off though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefthandersrule View Post
    I love Alex in the top of the order he is an on base machine. Not sure if his speed is right for lead off though.
    If we can get someone to hit leadoff and steal some bases, detz needs to be in 2-hole. His patience and bat control would allow us to run and hit-and-run

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefthandersrule View Post
    It doesn't have to be. Especially when a combo of him, Pirtle, and Humphries are jogging around on a Rea/Garner HR.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we can get someone to hit leadoff and steal some bases, detz needs to be in 2-hole. His patience and bat control would allow us to run and hit-and-run
    Guy has an eagle eye, 18% BB rate, and you want to force him to swing? **** that.

vCash
    Guy has an eagle eye, 18% BB rate, and you want to force him to swing? **** that.
    I wanna see more running from us. Force more action...

vCash
    Detz in the 2-hole
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Detz in the 2-hole
    Pirtle leadoff then. They gotta be 1-2
    Last edited by Will James; 01-26-2014 at 11:26 AM.