Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss offers Sean Rawlings

vCash

Ole Miss offers Sean Rawlings

per Mr. David on twitter.

Ole Miss has offered 2014 MRA OL Sean Rawlings

vCash
    If this is the worst they can do with a merry flipmas then I think I'll just roll over and go back to sleep. Like somebody said in an earlier thread - this time last year they were after the #2 recruit in the nation. This year they are after a two star private school kid. I still find it funny that they say they can't even invite Aeris Williams up there on an OV because numbers are too tight but they have room for Rawlings. Riiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhttttt.....makes perfect sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    If this is the worst they can do with a merry flipmas then I think I'll just roll over and go back to sleep. Like somebody said in an earlier thread - this time last year they were after the #2 recruit in the nation. This year they are after a two star private school kid. I still find it funny that they say they can't even invite Aeris Williams up there on an OV because numbers are too tight but they have room for Rawlings. Riiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhttttt.....makes perfect sense.
    You got it.. They lost the egg bowl and aren't makin the big splash in recruiting that they did last year. This is a way to keep up the perception that they are on top. If Rawlings was committed to ULL he wouldn't even get a phone call from OM, but freeze gets wood over flipping State recruits and it keeps the sheep happy because they won the recruiting championship again. It's already been mentioned but it's becoming obvious that freeze can't evaluate or develop talent he relies on others to do that for him. With or without Rawlings we will skull drag them again in Oxford and I don't think it will even be close this year. All I know is if I was committed to any school other than state and they came in at the last second I would be in Starkville because myself and my family are die-hard MSU, so i can live with this kid flipping.

vCash
    Say what you want, but this is bullshit and it pisses me off! They go after the stars and when it doesn't work out they come poach our guys who have been committed to us for over a year. They didn't even talk to this kid until two weeks ago! I don't want them taking anyone from us...he's a good player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    You got it.. They lost the egg bowl and aren't makin the big splash in recruiting that they did last year. This is a way to keep up the perception that they are on top. If Rawlings was committed to ULL he wouldn't even get a phone call from OM, but freeze gets wood over flipping State recruits and it keeps the sheep happy because they won the recruiting championship again. It's already been mentioned but it's becoming obvious that freeze can't evaluate or develop talent he relies on others to do that for him. With or without Rawlings we will skull drag them again in Oxford and I don't think it will even be close this year. All I know is if I was committed to any school other than state and they came in at the last second I would be in Starkville because myself and my family are die-hard MSU, so i can live with this kid flipping.
    Bingo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonDistrictDawg View Post
    Say what you want, but this is bullshit and it pisses me off! They go after the stars and when it doesn't work out they come poach our guys who have been committed to us for over a year. They didn't even talk to this kid until two weeks ago! I don't want them taking anyone from us...he's a good player.
    Did he commit yet? Calm down

vCash
    Calm down, this kid is an Ole Miss fan, that's the only reason they even have a shot. They've tried coming after all our other commits and it didn't even result in a visit.

They're not some slick recruiting machine as it appeared last year. They got lucky that some of the top players in the entire country had big ties to Ole Miss, and they were able to convince them all to show up together. That won't ever happen again, and now we're seeing what happens when that is the case. They get a few good players and strike out on everybody else.

vCash
    No...but I get sick of Bucky doing this type crap!

vCash
    He doesn't 'do' this type crap, at least not successfully. They pulled exactly 0 of our guys last year, unless you actually consider Kailo Moore a legitimate commit, and they only might pull Rawlings last year.

vCash
    This not close to being correct

They had been in contact with him, but slow played him while they were chasing other players. He had only been committed to us since the Fall- so we're talking 4 months. He comes from an Ole Miss family- he should go there imo
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I don't think it's Bucky, necessarily. The alumni love to screw with State people. They did this with Orgeron and Nutt, they are doing it with Freeze.

Brassell, Singleton, Ward, CJ, but they swung and missed on Chris Jones.

vCash
    No...but I get sick of Bucky doing this type crap!
    this is the first player he has ever "flipped"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    He doesn't 'do' this type crap, at least not successfully. They pulled exactly 0 of our guys last year, unless you actually consider Kailo Moore a legitimate commit, and they only might pull Rawlings last year.
    Exactly. Don't fall for the bullshit..they rarely "steal" anyone from us. They just try to make it appear that way by "flipping" their own commits like Epps. It's embarrassing and shows their obsession. We own them on the field almost as much as we own their heads 24/7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slickdawg View Post
    I don't think it's Bucky, necessarily. The alumni love to screw with State people. They did this with Orgeron and Nutt, they are doing it with Freeze.

Brassell, Singleton, Ward, CJ, but they swung and missed on Chris Jones.
    Singleton and Ward never committed to State

vCash
    Rawlings' twitter background is now Ole Miss players and the Landshark crap. He gone.

vCash
    Rawlings' twitter background is now Ole Miss players and the Landshark crap. He gone.
    Good for him. He needed to go there- that's his team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This not close to being correct

They had been in contact with him, but slow played him while they were chasing other players. He had only been committed to us since the Fall- so we're talking 4 months. He comes from an Ole Miss family- he should go there imo
    No, he should not just go there, he and his family should decide where the best place for him to be is. He would certainly not be the first player to have grown up a fan of one school and end up going somewhere else to play ball. He may have a better relationship with our coaches and goodness knows we have a MUCH better track record of developing players since Mullen has been at MSU than OM does. Seems to be an upstanding kid with an upstanding family so let them make the decision and life will go on either way. Yes, it would sting a little to lose Rawlings and I want him but this isn't a Chris Jones level player we are talking about here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Good for him. He needed to go there- that's his team.
    Yeah, I don't begrudge him. This is a guy that Ole Miss fans have claimed the whole time wasn't worth the offer. I liked him as a prospect, but it isn't a huge loss.

Just goes to show that the recruits who waver near the end or remain uncommitted are the ones who get made out to be more than they are, no matter how good they actually are.

vCash
    What Twitter account are you looking at. Saw one that had msu commit still

vCash
    Yeah, I don't begrudge him. This is a guy that Ole Miss fans have claimed the whole time wasn't worth the offer. I liked him as a prospect, but it isn't a huge loss.

Just goes to show that the recruits who waver near the end or remain uncommitted are the ones who get made out to be more than they are, no matter how good they actually are.
    Yep, pretty shocking that Freeze is willing to take the hit on their recruiting ranking they will get by taking Rawlings.