Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the strangest wild animal you have ever tried?

vCash

What is the strangest wild animal you have ever tried?

I have had bobcat as I posted in the bobcat thread, it's the reason I'm starting this one. I have also had turtle soup. I believe those may be the oddest I have ever tried.

vCash
    I have a lot of game food but nothing too weird. I guess gator would be my answer. My brother is a marine biologist and when he worked at the USM lab in Ocean Springs, he and some other mb's caught and cooked a hard head catfish to try it. Said it's actually safe to eat but not good at all. I call that weird.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Squirrel brain, barbecue coon legs, and fried rattlesnake. All of them were neither terrible or excellent. If I had to chose one again, I think it would be the coon.

vCash
    I tried beaver one time (disclaimer: the one with four legs and a paddle tail). We had a neighbor when I lived in Georgia that had a wild game cookout supper with the stipulation that what ever has there had to be "killed" or "caught". They must of gotten the oil gland on the meat because it left a taste in your mouth that a six pack a few shots of jager couldn't remove. My advice is stick to the two-legged beaver.

vCash
    BB-Q beaver here as well ... but it was chopped and excellent

vCash
    I had a Robin once my old man was a stickler for eating what you kill

vCash
    Raccoon. Didn't like.

vCash
    Eaten the BBQ coon, which isn't bad, rattlesnake, not too good. Cleaned and fried a soft shell turtle, and it was tough, it was also a pain to clean. Strangest thing would probably be bass eggs. We took the whole sacs and saut?ed them. Kinda felt like swollen grits in your mouth. I don't suggest trying them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxfordawg View Post
    I had a Robin once my old man was a stickler for eating what you kill
    My coonass friends swear they're delicious along with black birds, but then again they are coonasses...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg33 View Post
    Eaten the BBQ coon, which isn't bad, rattlesnake, not too good. Cleaned and fried a soft shell turtle, and it was tough, it was also a pain to clean. Strangest thing would probably be bass eggs. We took the whole sacs and saut?ed them. Kinda felt like swollen grits in your mouth. I don't suggest trying them.
    Same here, but we skipped the cooking part...redneck caviar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg33 View Post
    you related to any of the Duck Dynasty guys ?

vCash
    Ground bear- at a NOLA restaurant called T. Pittari's. It wasn't real good. They had things there that were more bizarre (hippo).

vCash
    There was this one girl at band camp*****

vCash
    Some wild hog I ate Korea was a bit strange, because they leave some of the hair on it intentionally. I had several other strange seafood dishes there, but had to draw the line at thin shaved, raw horse meat.

vCash
    A girl from Pearl.

vCash
    Zebra. I was in Africa doing some mission work with a church about 6 years ago and they let me try some. It was surprisingly tasty.
    ?I didn't dare think of the future; the past was still happening.? - John Grisham

vCash
    My Fiance is from mexico, so i have had my share of strange food. Ive had a soup called Menudo, which has cow tounge and intestines in it; never ate it again lol
    News Report, "Mississippi State Quarterback Michael Hening Tried To Throw Himself Off Of Davis-Wade Stadium But He Was Intercepted And Ran Back For A Touchdown"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    A girl from Pearl.
    Nice, did you earn your red wings?

vCash
    There's a place in Nashville that has Buffalo, can't remember the name of it though. And Sunset Grille in Nashville has wild boar ravioli, only had it once but it was amazing!

vCash
    I've has buffalo, squirrel, deer, boar, duck, dove, deer heart and brain, and a tequila worm.

I'm sure I've had more but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.