Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collins is a Fla State target

Banned
    vCash

Collins is a Fla State target

We are about to lose Geoff to FSU!!! I am so sick of this crap!!
    Last edited by Coach34; 01-17-2014 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Source?

vCash
    Please back away.

vCash
    sshhhh... don't want to say anything that could hurt the program.

I've been hearing FSU was serious for a week, but several people on here have been saying he was getting a raise and going nowhere.... I hope they're right, because there's a lot of smoke.

vCash
    Yeah this is the type of stuff that OM people take screen shots of and send to our recruits. Just sayin

vCash
    If it does happen, I say we take DA COACH O for DC. It would be amazing.

Banned
    vCash

F*ck it, bring back Manny Diaz. Wasn't his fault Texas sucked. Was it?

nm

vCash
    We should have thrown his name out to FSU earlier. He even has FSU connections.

vCash
    I realize he's done a nice job, but what automatically makes him a wanted man for FSU? Hiring a guy after 1 year on the job is even more ambitious than the Manny Diaz hire, and we all know how well that worked for Texas. I like Collins and him running the D, but I think a lot of our improvement from last year to this year was due to improved personnel in the front 7.

vCash
    After Manny's one and done if we follow that up with a one and done from Geoff Collins as DC then I am going to seriously question our ability to ever do more than 6-8 win seasons. Don't want to see us be in the situation where every year its one of 2 things, a. our DC sucks and Mullen has to move them out (i.e Torbush and Wilson) or b. our DC performs pretty well so its off to greener pastures (i.e Diaz and we'll see on Collins).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I realize he's done a nice job, but what automatically makes him a wanted man for FSU? Hiring a guy after 1 year on the job is even more ambitious than the Manny Diaz hire, and we all know how well that worked for Texas. I like Collins and him running the D, but I think a lot of our improvement from last year to this year was due to improved personnel in the front 7.
    Why is it MORE ambitious? Collins was DC at FIU while Diaz was DC at MTSU. However, Collins has been on our staff for 3 years (1 as DC) while Diaz was only on our staff for one year.

vCash
    We have good coaches- naturally they will be targets

I hope we dont lose him, we'll see what happens. He hasnt been offered the job yet, so let's let it play out
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    He knows Florida having coached at UCF and FIU... Already knowing the people and territory is very valuable on the recruiting front. Plus, he has done a damn fine job here.

It is very important to lock down assistants as soon as the regular season is over. I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe something was worked out a long time ago. Maybe we offered him more money, but he's waiting to see how interested FSU is... I just wish we had locked him down in early December.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Why is it MORE ambitious? Collins was DC at FIU while Diaz was DC at MTSU. However, Collins has been on our staff for 3 years (1 as DC) while Diaz was only on our staff for one year.
    Collins has more experience than Diaz did.

But no doubt our D improved alot because of our DL and LB's- not just the DC

vCash
    There is also a lot of chatter that Charles Kelly may be promoted from within.

vCash
    Matt you a better than to post something like this. Are you saying this because Croom Diaries wrote a speculative article?

I can't find a single source that insinuates that FSU is serious about Collins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Alright, equally ambitious is fine. But you could definitely argue that Manny's D in 2010 was the best we've had in the Mullen era, and looking back now at the NFL players on that D, it probably had a lot to do with personnel. Which I hope is what is causing the improvement in ours now, not specifically who the coordinator is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo352 View Post
    Maybe we offered him more money, but he's waiting to see how interested FSU is... I just wish we had locked him down in early December.
    locked him down how- in a closet? It doesnt matter when his raise is announced- he would still be interested in Fla State

vCash
    Everyone pump the brakes.. FSU is probably going to hire from within.. Charles Kelly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We have good coaches- naturally they will be targets

I hope we dont lose him, we'll see what happens. He hasnt been offered the job yet, so let's let it play out
    It will be a HUGE loss if we don't keep him. Collins is by far the best of Mullen's DC hires. I'm certainly not convinced that we could replace with anyone as good. We've had Torbush and Wilson under Mullen who were both just plain bad and Diaz was probably made to look better than he is by the 2010 personnel we had. My expectations for next year's team take a significant hit if Collins isn't locked down.