Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Game thread

vCash
    At least we'll get Frazier up in 9th.

vCash
    Can we get game to hunter in 9th? Hopefully he has a chance to tie or win it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    They didn't convert last night once I know. Just pointing out your memory isn't correct. Yes they've been better. But right now the difference is a kicked ball in the second by pirtle. And he's been really good all year
    Once again this is the difference in these 2 teams. Vandy converts again...

Banned
    vCash
    This turf is bullshit. Not meant to be how baseball is played.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    This turf is bullshit. Not meant to be how baseball is played.
    I agree. And I'd feel the same way if we were winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I agree. And I'd feel the same way if we were winning.
    We wouldn't be playing today without it. I don't like it though

vCash
    We're just getting beaten by a team with a little better pitching, a little better hitting, and a shit ton more speed. Hats off to them for getting timely hits when we can't. It doesn't help that they get a foot off the outside corners against lefties though.

Hopefully we can steal game 3 tomorrow.

Banned
    vCash
    Renfroe will hit. Need a patented Detz BB

Banned
    vCash
    **** this umpire. Asshole

vCash
    Actually, the difference in my opinion is that shit that they call turf. Drains well my ass. That was the worst possible condition for a groundball pitcher like Graveman to pitch in. I'm not surprised that they got runs on a groundball that skidded under Pirtle's glove and maybe set a SEC record for infield hits in a single game.

vCash
    We're just getting beaten by a team with a little better pitching, a little better hitting, and a shit ton more speed. Hats off to them for getting timely hits when we can't. It doesn't help that they get a foot off the outside corners against lefties though.

Hopefully we can steal game 3 tomorrow.
    Hats off to them for installing artificial turf. We got beat by a guy that is probably a top five pick in the draft next year and hasn't lost a game all year. Of course, if he's getting half of the other batting box as part of his strike zone, it's going to make a lot of pitchers look like Sandy Koufax too.

The guy they pitched yesterday is rated a top 50 pick in the draft as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Actually, the difference in my opinion is that shit that they call turf. Drains well my ass. That was the worst possible condition for a groundball pitcher like Graveman to pitch in. I'm not surprised that they got runs on a groundball that skidded under Pirtle's glove and maybe set a SEC record for infield hits in a single game.
    Plays well into their speed doesn't it, Todd? I thought the same thing. They will make the CWS easy playing a Regional and Super on that shit. They won't win a Championship though....Omaha is grass and those little chops in front of the plate will be outs.

vCash
    Plays well into their speed doesn't it, Todd? I thought the same thing. They will make the CWS easy playing a Regional and Super on that shit. They won't win a Championship though....Omaha is grass and those little chops in front of the plate will be outs.
    Absolutely it does. It also helps that they get to play Mizzou, Georgia, Tennessee, and at Auburn as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Absolutely it does. It also helps that they get to play Mizzou, Georgia, Tennessee, and at Auburn as well.
    Yup. The tourney committee better look at that shit too.

My guess is they don't look at it this year and it hurts us, but then they start paying close attention to it next year and it hurts us.

vCash
    Yup. The tourney committee better look at that shit too.

My guess is they don't look at it this year and it hurts us, but then they start paying close attention to it next year and it hurts us.
    I don't see how they can't look at it this year. We are potentially going to have two teams in the SEC set a modern regular season record for SEC wins, and that's not a coincidence. As long as LT isn't on the committee, and he's not, we should be OK. It has always been about who you played, where you played them, and who you beat.

I think what's going to happen is it's going to force the SEC to change how they schedule. We might be looking at a 36 to 38 game SEC schedule with some midweek SEC match-ups would be my guess. Especially with the new SEC Network about to start. They're going to want some Tuesday/Weds. SEC games to fill some slots, and we might see some more Thursday/Fri/Sat series as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msstate7 View Post
    We wouldn't be playing today without it. I don't like it though
    I think their drainage system is grossly exaggerrated- sort of like how they exaggerrate how much money they make with their Vandy degrees out of college.