Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So is a rainout 100% today?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Would we not have to make them up anyway though? It's not like we could just never play them right?
    Dont think so.

vCash
    no. UNless they changed the rules, you dont make them up. This has helped and hurt us in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    since SEC standings are based on winning percentage rather than games back, going 1-1 in these last 2 games is worse than 2 rainouts.
    Technically, that depends on if we finish better or worse than .500. Going 1-2 is better than 0-1 in a 14-16 vs 13-15 (or worse) finish.

vCash
    I want to play them both -- because I think we've got a good chance to win them both.

This series is basically a freebee -- there is really nothing to lose for us here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Would we not have to make them up anyway though? It's not like we could just never play them right?
    They can't be made up. Even if the entire series was rained out, none of the games, by rule, could be made up. Dumb rule, but that is it.

vCash
    We won't make the games up in all likelihood in the in the unlikely event that we don't play the other two games. What we have done in the past if we had a game or two left was schedule Valley or some other SWAC team, but there's no way we do that this year because it would hurt our RPI.

I agree with engie- I want us to play the other two games. What we have done in seven inning games in the past ten years shouldn't have any bearing in this case. For heaven's sakes, we lost last night and our RPI went up without any help from any of our competitors. Just stepping on the field should keep us in the 9-10 range. Plus, if we steal a win or two, it puts us in GREAT position to get a SR. I'm willing to take that chance at this point- past history be damned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I hope it's all rained out. We don't need RPI help, and since SEC standings are based on winning percentage rather than games back, going 1-1 in these last 2 games is worse than 2 rainouts. We would have to win both to come out better than having both rained out.
    Most likely that would be true (with regard to winning %), but I would always take some rpi help. Especially when it comes to hosting/seeding, etc. down the road. I agree with engie, its almost a free weekend as far as rpi goes. If we get swept we would drop a spot or 2 maybe, but even splitting the next 2 would probably give us a spot or 2 bump. So, we need to play in my opinion.

vCash
    We need to play- I want the two wins over them
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is