Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When can we expect Bear Wilson to play some?

vCash

When can we expect Bear Wilson to play some?

I'm sure he will be way behind in his knowledge of our offense and defense, but he will add some athleticism and be another body that can play.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    We just desperately need someone who can give us 5 fouls, 10 minutes of energy, and rebound- Bear should be able to do that.

vCash
    The communication between Bear/Ray/Mullen has been weird to say the least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Not at all

Wilson wanted a week off after football was over to rest. He got it

I figure it will take him 2 weeks to get ready to play
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'll say, truly an odd story that Bear was just chilling on the couch when Ray walked in and that Ray still hasn't talked to Mullen.

Maybe Mullen told Bear he could play basketball after he returned from Christmas break and nobody bothered to tell Ray that. IDK.

Perhaps Bear is our Forest Gump. Just kinda shows up, and is always a witness to great things.

vCash
    I wonder if Ray isn't telling the truth for whatever reason. I just seriously doubt Wilson showed up at the Hump without Ray's knowledge. Wouldn't someone have to let him in to the arena, locker room, etc.? Someone had to know he was supposed to be there, right?

Banned
    vCash
    Bear has to be better than Cunningham so sooner the better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I wonder if Ray isn't telling the truth for whatever reason. I just seriously doubt Wilson showed up at the Hump without Ray's knowledge. Wouldn't someone have to let him in to the arena, locker room, etc.? Someone had to know he was supposed to be there, right?
    Why would Ray lie? Yes, it's very weird that Bear just showed up in the locker room and Ray had no idea. Their only communication has been "hey Bear". And Ray and Mullen still haven't talked, that comes straight from Ray.

Banned
    vCash
    Sorry I missed this. Can someone link this story please? Sounds like Ray is so bad at recruiting he can't even recruit the players on his own basketball team. Haha wtf

vCash
    What am I missing?

Wilson wanted a week off after football. He took it.
    Ray wasnt taking a player that had never practiced to Lexington.
    Wilson dresses with the team today

There is no big conspiracy
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What am I missing?

Wilson wanted a week off after football. He took it.
    Ray wasnt taking a player that had never practiced to Lexington.
    Wilson dresses with the team today

There is no big conspiracy
    Yeah, I don't get it, either.

vCash
    I seriously doubt that Ray and Mullen haven't spoken. Dunno why Ray would say that just seems too odd.

vCash
    Michael Bonner tweet from about an hour ago: "Ray still says he doesn't know about De'Runnay Wilson's status. Hasn't talked to Dan. Said Wilson just showed up in locker room."

Bob Carskadon tweet: "Rick Ray says "I don't know the status" of De'Runnya Wilson. "I walked in before the game and Bear was there." Surprised him to see Wilson."

I don't mean to call our coach a liar, but that just doesn't sound right. If Wilson actually showed up having never talked to anyone, would we let him sit on the bench, dress, warm up, etc.? Perhaps Ray is covering for someone/something? If so, I should probably drop this and delete my posts.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 01-11-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Hahaha WHAT THE ****!!! Good gawd

vCash
    Michael Bonner tweet from about an hour ago: "Ray still says he doesn't know about De'Runnay Wilson's status. Hasn't talked to Dan. Said Wilson just showed up in locker room."

Bob Carskadon tweet: "Rick Ray says "I don't know the status" of De'Runnya Wilson. "I walked in before the game and Bear was there." Surprised him to see Wilson."

I don't mean to call our coach a liar, but that just doesn't sound right. If Wilson actually showed up having never talked to anyone, would we let him sit on the bench, dress, warm up, etc.? Perhaps Ray is covering for someone/something? If so, I should probably drop this and delete my posts.
    What would you have done? Told Bear to go home?

The kid took a week off after the bowl. They are just getting back to campus. I think there's nothing strange about what Bear did or what Rick Ray said.

You're trying to make a mountain out of ... nothing. Not a molehill, nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg4Life View Post
    What would you have done? Told Bear to go home?

The kid took a week off after the bowl. They are just getting back to campus. I think there's nothing strange about what Bear did or what Rick Ray said.

You're trying to make a mountain out of ... nothing. Not a molehill, nothing.
    I'm doing nothing of the sort. I've always been one of the biggest Ray supporters on the board, and I'm 100% behind De'Runnya playing basketball if he wants to. I just think it's extremely bizarre if Ray is telling the truth, both Wilson's and Ray's actions.

Banned
    vCash
    Quite the opposite. How does a head coach not have a conversation with a player for almost an entire YEAR?!!? Is it too much to ask an assistant to touch base through a simple text? What the **** do they do all day besides during practice? They sure as shit aren't recruiting.

Senior Member The Croom Diaries's Avatar
    vCash
    So twice over a two week span Ray is blind-sided by a subtraction and addition to his roster. Weird, but whatever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Croom Diaries View Post
    So twice over a two week span Ray is blind-sided by a subtraction and addition to his roster. Weird, but whatever.
    Yep not buying Ray's response on this one.

vCash
    Did Wilson sit on the bench during the game?