Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok guys, this thread should be fun...

vCash

Ok guys, this thread should be fun...

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/24410...-first-bigfoot

Dude claims he killed an 800 pound Bigfoot and it is currently having DNA tests run and will be released at a Medical press conference in February. Says he shot it in the back twice and the head once.

Ha, Does anything come of this?

If I was ever dumb enough to believe in Bigfoot and to try and stalk one...I'd end up getting a life sentence for murder after shooting some psycho playing a joke in the woods by wearing a costume or something. Can't believe a news source would actually report this.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 01-11-2014 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    I saw that. Apparently, he's about to have a press conference

vCash
    A few years back. Somebody in the Northwest, as a death bed confession said the whole Big foot thing was a charade he pulled off by dressing in the costume.

vCash
    I can't wait to see what he has to say in his press conference.

vCash
    I saw another article about this guy. He will "show it to everyone for a fee". Yeah, I bet he will.

vCash
    You think the LAW might want to see it , game wardens, US Marshals.

vCash
    Have y'all seen Bobo the Bigfoot hunter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    You think the LAW might want to see it , game wardens, US Marshals.
    Probably not. I contacted MS wildlife officials about a panther I spotted and they were so sure that none are in MS that they didn't want to hear of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    Probably not. I contacted MS wildlife officials about a panther I spotted and they were so sure that none are in MS that they didn't want to hear of it.
    That's odd because I know of one person that had a panther on his land probably 10 years ago. Several sightings. I knew they were very rare in MS but didn't think the official position was that there were none.

vCash
    DR. SHROPSHIRE: In 1997, a state law was passed regulating keeping certain animals as pets. The panther is among those species requiring a permit to possess. Since passage of the law, there has been an increase in the number of "good" sightings, that is, those that accurately describe the physical characteristics of a panther observed in good light conditions. Another common denominator with these sightings, however, is that they are of animals not exhibiting normal, wild animal behavior. Observations are made in the middle of the day, of animals crossing open pastures, of animals showing no obvious fear of human observers; or any combination of the above. It is believed that many, if not all, of these "good" sightings are of formerly captive animals that were released because their owners could not comply with the new state law. http://www.wildlifemiss.org/magazine/sf99/feature.html

Same article says that panthers cover a huge area, so that to the extent there are wild panthers in Mississippi, they are probably transient and not making a home.

vCash
    FWIW, the panther I saw was in east MS headed north as it crossed I-20. Lol. I didn't ask the panther if it was lost, passing through, cruising for chicks, etc.

vCash
    I know a guy who killed a black panther in Jones county in the early 70's and took it straight to the game warden before rigamortis set in then had a local taxidermist mount it and hung it on the wall of his sporting goods store in Ellisville .........and still no "confirmed sighting since 1907
    ETA - last year while heading to Keaton Beach to do some fishing I saw one (Tawny colored) myself cross the road in broad daylight ... that's northern Florida panhandle where they have been confirmed for years ... so why would it be considered impossible to have a few in South Miss. ?
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 01-16-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    FWIW, the panther I saw was in east MS headed north as it crossed I-20. Lol. I didn't ask the panther if it was lost, passing through, cruising for chicks, etc.
    Where about in east Ms near I-20? I'm in that area and have seen one just north of Vicksburg...

vCash
    Black panthers are a myth. The only big cats that have ever been known to be melanistic are jaguars (Latin America) and leopards (Asia & Africa) I don't think black examples of either have been documented in the wild for like 40 or 50 years, same with white tigers. You see them in captivity a lot because of selective breeding that's practiced by zoos and exotic cat owners. Panthers indigenous to North America are the same thing as a mountain lion or a cougar; they're a smaller subspecies that were once found all over the eastern U.S., including MS. They are extinct in every state except FL- Everglades. However, the western mountain lion's range is advancing eastward and they could potentially reach MS. The river is a big barrier for this cat and they have no reason to cross. All these animals are golden brown to darker brown. Never black. Puma Concolor Coryi- Florida Panther

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Black panthers are a myth. The only big cats that have ever been known to be melanistic are jaguars (Latin America) and leopards (Asia & Africa) I don't think black examples of either have been documented in the wild for like 40 or 50 years, same with white tigers. You see them in captivity a lot because of selective breeding that's practiced by zoos and exotic cat owners. Panthers indigenous to North America are the same thing as a mountain lion or a cougar; they're a smaller subspecies that were once found all over the eastern U.S., including MS. They are extinct in every state except FL- Everglades. However, the western mountain lion's range is advancing eastward and they could potentially reach MS. The river is a big barrier for this cat and they have no reason to cross. All these animals are golden brown to darker brown. Never black. Puma Concolor Coryi- Florida Panther
    tell it to the guy that owned the sporting goods store - it was black and real and thousands have seen it for themselves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    tell it to the guy that owned the sporting goods store - it was black and real and thousands have seen it for themselves
    Is this thing sitting next to a fireplace somewhere? If so, I'd like to see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Is this thing sitting next to a fireplace somewhere? If so, I'd like to see it.
    it was on the wall of "George's Sporting Goods Store" in Ellisville for years ... Jack Purvis was the owner and the store closed back in the eighties... have no clue where it is now

vCash
    Last I checked Vicksburg was in West MS...however I know that 12 years or so ago several "pet" mountain lions were released around the military park there.

ETA: intended to quote I_D_EX

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdnkkicker View Post
    Last I checked Vicksburg was in West MS...however I know that 12 years or so ago several "pet" mountain lions were released around the military park there.

ETA: intended to quote I_D_EX
    Hahahahahaha damn, how did I not see that? Oh well, please tell me more about these pet lions. I may re-evaluate my early morning and night running activities

vCash
    Haha all I know was my scout troop did a backpacking trip through the park. We camped near the old shooting range. That evening a couple rangers came by and told us we needed to be on the lookout because they'd found some of the tracks in the park earlier in the day.