Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Danial Garner is transfering

vCash
    I don't believe he's the one who started the Milton rumor.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    This just doesn't seem to pass the smell test to me- is Garner not right in the middle of the catching competition?

You may end up being right, but I'll have to see something more concrete than "internet sources" to believe he's transferring a month before the season.

ETA: And WeWonItAll(Most) didn't start the Milton rumors. That was someone with about five posts.

Banned
    vCash
    If this is true, it should be easy to figure out. He'd already be gone by now, as in, NOT as Mississippi State if he was planning on transferring. He won't stay another season and burn a year of eligibility. Classes don't begin until January 13th.

vCash
    In baseball in D1 can you transfer anytime you want without having to sit out?

vCash
    Changed the rule few years ago, must sit one year.

Don't know abot Garner, but I think he is dating a MSU softball player.

You're not confusing Garner with a MSU volleyball player.?? I saw a week ago Kimmy Gardiner, one of the top freshman volleyball players tweet out several Oklahoma volleyball players welcoming her to the Oklahoma "family ". I assume she's leaving. Just a theory.

vCash
    They don't return to campus until tomorrow, so you'll most likely get "more concrete" evidence in the next few days.

But I don't think he was necessarily in the catching competition, DH on the other hand he was one of the front runners along with Humphreys/Detz (which ever one isn't playing 3B)

vCash
    Dang. He could swing the bat.

I hope he transfers far away and doesn't get the opportunity to beat us later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post
    Changed the rule few years ago, must sit one year.

Don't know abot Garner, but I think he is dating a MSU softball player.

You're not confusing Garner with a MSU volleyball player.?? I saw a week ago Kimmy Gardiner, one of the top freshman volleyball players tweet out several Oklahoma volleyball players welcoming her to the Oklahoma "family ". I assume she's leaving. Just a theory.
    If that is true it would be sort of stupid to transfer unless he is REALLY unhappy. He would be in his 3rd year out of HS before touching a college baseball field if he does.

vCash
    If that's the case, then it's a big loss. Who else is transferring. Apparently he was on campus today because john marc Shelby tweeted something about he and garner playing on the softball field with a softball player.

vCash
    Mania, he could transfer down and play immediately, but that kid has d1 talent.
    Last edited by bully99; 01-08-2014 at 06:20 PM.

vCash
    Unless there is something crazy that happened over Christmas break, Garner is coming back.

vCash
    Better check your sources, this rumor is BS.

vCash
    Wow, it does look like I was wrong. I already told y'all where I got it from though, and I had no reason to doubt them. Sorry for posting what appears to be false info. Feel free to delete the thread. Or leave it here and let the board rip me. Either way Is fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Wow, it does look like I was wrong. I already told y'all where I got it from though, and I had no reason to doubt them. Sorry for posting what appears to be false info. Feel free to delete the thread. Or leave it here and let the board rip me. Either way Is fine
    It's not a big deal. I don't mind rumors- some are going to be wrong by nature. I don't think you should be bashed because you didn't mean anything malicious I don't think.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    One question. I don't know who y'all are talking about but the concensus us he can hit. Why wouldn't he get a good bit if PT if he can hit as well as you all agree he does? Hitting is the name of the game and coaches find PT for the better hitters. Or they're supposed to but we know Cohen doesn't always do things by the book.

Senior Member The Croom Diaries's Avatar
    vCash
    This is a good lesson in presentation. If you saw something reported than post it as fact, but if you hear something through the grapevine post as such. I assumed from your original post that it had been reported. Plus this gives you some wiggle room if it turns out to be false.

vCash
    I believe he mentioned that his source was a player on the team. Obviously something changed with Garners situation for the better.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    One question. I don't know who y'all are talking about but the concensus us he can hit. Why wouldn't he get a good bit if PT if he can hit as well as you all agree he does? Hitting is the name of the game and coaches find PT for the better hitters. Or they're supposed to but we know Cohen doesn't always do things by the book.
    Because unless we have a catcher who can hit like Ted Williams, Cohen is almost always going to play the guy who is better defensively over the guy who isn't so good defensively, but can mash. All that being said though, I've heard Garner has gotten a good bit better behind the dish, so we shall see.

I fully expect Garner to split time with Walker at catcher this year- we'll need at least two solid players at that position anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I agree with Cohen most of the time- but Garner was one of the few things I disagreed with. I would have liked for him to have at the very least seen some action as a catcher against Valley and Alcorn. If for no other reason than I would like to have a catcher with SOME experience even if it's only against SWAC teams.

As far as his hitting, Garner did struggle big time when he arrived on campus. If I remember correctly, he had one of it not the worst BA on the team. He has come a long way since he came to school.

vCash
    My mistake, lesson learned. I'm glad to be wrong though, he is one of the best hitters on the team. The only problem is he's at best the 3rd best catcher defensively.