Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not trying beat a dad horse but even Richard Cross agrees with me...

vCash

Not trying beat a dead horse but even Richard Cross agrees with me...

Who you play in a bowl game does matter. Will beating Rice be a bigger win than Ole Miss? Was beating Michigan a bigger win than beating Ole Miss in 2010? If we were to play and beat a team like GT in a bowl game it is a much better win and would give us much more momentum in the off season... Ive accepted the fact that we are playing a below average team but I still don't understand the argument that it doesn't matter who we play or wanting to play a shitty team just to get a cheap bowl victory.
    Last edited by BogeyGolfer; 12-11-2013 at 05:42 PM.

vCash
    oh come on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    Who you play in a bowl game does matter. Will beating Rice be a bigger win than Ole Miss? Was beating Michigan a bigger win than beating Ole Miss in 2010? If we were to play and beat a team like GT in a bowl game it is a much better win and would give us much more momentum in the off season... Ive accepted the fact that we are playing a below average team but I still don't understand the argument that it doesn't matter who we play or wanting to play a shitty team just to get a cheap bowl victory.
    Bogey, I disagree and the one point in which I will contend is:

It doesn't matter who we play in the bowl game because I'm not sure we can have anymore momentum going into next season than we already do. The main thing is that we need to win our bowl game so that our momentum remains throughout the offseason.

With the momentum we have going right now, beating Georgia Tech wouldn't do us any more good than beating Rice. The main we need to do is win.

vCash
    So a 10 win Rice team is a below average team?
    Happy Festivus

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Bogey, I'm not disagreeing with your greater point, but the one point in which I will contend is:

It doesn't matter who we play in the bowl game because I'm not sure we can have anymore momentum going into next season than we already do. The main thing is that we need to win our bowl game so that our momentum remains throughout the offseason.

With the momentum we have going right now, beating Georgia Tech wouldn't do us any more good than beating Rice. The main we need to do is win.
    Shotgun preaching the TRUTH!!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    So a 10 win Rice team is a below average team?
    Those that think that are gonna be sadly mistaken. We will have our hands full. I think they are on par with Bowling Green.

vCash
    I'm not saying they are an elite team, but they certainly aren't below average.

As for the momentum, let's say we play a really good game and win by something like 48-14. Kinda hard to say we have less momentum over the Bears who win by something like 24-20.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    What about the mom horse?**

vCash
    Not trying beat a dad horse but even Richard Cross agrees with me .
    If you're agreeing with Dick Cross- you need to examine your position most of the time.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Agreed, because beating Michigan in a bowl game led to an all-time great offseason for Mississippi State****************

vCash
    Beating a weaker, but bigger name team is generally better than beating a team from a non-BCS conference, even if the non-BCS conference team is pretty good. But it's really not a big difference. Playing and beating a Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, type team is something people will remember even you caught them on a down year, but nobody is going to remember that we beat Wake Forest two years ago any more than people will remember that Ole Miss beat Ga Tech in two years, although Ga Tech obviously has a little more cachet than Wake.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Grant View Post
    What about the mom horse?**
    HAHA!!

vCash
    Quit telling people that you and Dick agree on anything!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If you're agreeing with Dick Cross- you need to examine your position most of the time.
    +1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    +10000000

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Agreed, because beating Michigan in a bowl game led to an all-time great offseason for Mississippi State****************
    that's painfully funny.

Just win the damn game and get to 2014.

vCash
    Using Richard Cross to bolster your position?

Well, I suppose that will garner a lot of points here.

vCash
    Amen!

Banned
    vCash
    You are wrong. Put simply, it really does not matter. Unless you are in the BCS Championship game. And even that really doesn't equate to shit the following year. Sure, it sucked for Oregon to lose the 2010 game but they still got tons of recognition for just being there and continued to build their program. On the other hand, Auburn....

Richard Cross is going to have the opinion that passively aggressively paints MSU in a bad light. And you ate it up like a good bulldog that is in their place. You are pathetic and exactly what is wrong with our fanbase.

vCash
    Do you even remember who beat who in the natl championship game two years ago?