Thread: SOA finale

vCash

SOA finale

Wow that was crazy

vCash
    I had a feeling that Tara wasn't making it out of this season. Surprised that they are keeping Juice around for another one.

vCash
    Ya but didn't see it happening the way it did though

vCash
    nuts. I was actually more surprised by the sheriff getting shot and Juice not shooting himself.

vCash
    still in shock... can't wait til next season to see how this plays out... I won't know what to do with myself now that Breaking Bad is gone and now SoA is on hiatus..

vCash

Glad to see her go...

...this season of SOA deteriorated into a soap opera. It was a pitiful sight to behold.

Every episode revolved around "Tara & her boys."

Instead of receiving storylines about outlaw bikers ****ing shit up, we got weepy men & women stressing over the fate of little Abel and Thomas. It was extremely sickening to see a once proud & interesting show like SOA turn into As The World Turns.

So perhaps getting rid of Tara will allow the show to once again be about a motorcycle club instead of spending 5 minutes of dialogue quarreling over who is going to take Thomas to day care.

If they stick with this sappy foolishess next season, they'll lose a viewer (me).

vCash
    The whole show is about the Teller's (JT and Jax) not being able to juggle the club and family life. There has always been that family layer that adds to the impact of the show. All of the "sappy foolishness" led to a very gut-wrenching season finale that sets the table for what is sure to be an awesome final season.

vCash

Right...

Quote Originally Posted by MainEventDawg View Post
    The whole show is about the Teller's (JT and Jax) not being able to juggle the club and family life. There has always been that family layer that adds to the impact of the show. All of the "sappy foolishness" led to a very gut-wrenching season finale that sets the table for what is sure to be an awesome final season.
    ..in other words, a soap opera.

I get the SOA writers want to pull in women & gay guys as part of their core viewing audience.

But if you are going to name a show "The Sons of Anarchy" then you expect...anarchy.

You don't expect a bunch of homicidal maniac bikers to spend 50% of the show changing diapers & babysitting.

vCash
    Oh it's definitely a drama/soap opera. But it has been that type of show for 6 seasons now. Not just this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    I had a feeling that Tara wasn't making it out of this season. Surprised that they are keeping Juice around for another one.
    I think Juice gets his next season, but I like the guy...

vCash
    the entire show is and has always been predicated on father/son & mother/son relationships. that's not going to change.

vCash
    I don't think "As the world turns" has near enough killing***