Thread: Is Ole Miss trying to gain fake momentum today?

vCash

Is Ole Miss trying to gain fake momentum today?

After them losing these recruits, us getting all these 2015 recruits, and winning the Egg Bowl, it seems like OM is out to gain some momentum today.

The give Freeze a raise and the Rebels247 writer David Johnson's 2016 recruit son Eli Johnson will commit to OM tonight.

Seems like a manufactured "win the day" day

vCash
    Very much so...

Especially when they basically missed on 2-3 key prospects for the class today...and are borderline meltdown mode right now...

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Very much so...

Especially when they basically missed on 2-3 key prospects for the class today...and are borderline meltdown mode right now...
    Pretty pathetic by them to give a raise for 1 win improvement from last year.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Very much so...

The fact that they have ordered a 2016 recruit to commit today should tell you all you need to know about the state of things. Why do a 2016 recruit if there is a 2014 or 2015 recruit ready to commit? Oh, wait....

Banned
    vCash
    When are they not?

vCash
    My question is, when are they NOT trying to gain fake momentum?

vCash
    Everyone would accept a 1Mil dollar raise, but this raise does nothing but add to the pressure he has on him. Some Rebs on Facebook are already asking what Hugh has done to deserve this.

If the Rebs get off to a rough start next year, the grumbling will grow loud

vCash
    What gets me is Talty and crew tweet out this is happening like there is a real decision this kid has made. I won't lie. I didn't know who te kid was but a big sophomore OL that sounds like a good get. I did not know he was a life long Rebel who's dad actually works for 247 covering the Rebels. Duh!!! Where is he gonna it to? Why is this even news worthy really?

vCash
    The kid grew up in Oxford, his name is Eli, his Dad runs the 24/7 Ole Miss site, he doesn't graduate for 2 more years. And why is this big news??? I loved how Talty HAD to put on twitter "he chose Ole Miss over MSU" as if its a big blow to us. If that's the "big news" the pricks had coming today that really are reeling.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    But...but...but....We're winning the class of 2016!!!!1!111!!!
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Spin, spin, spin......repeat. It's really easy to see it now, very obvious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMCDawg16 View Post
    The kid grew up in Oxford, his name is Eli, his Dad runs the 24/7 Ole Miss site, he doesn't graduate for 2 more years. And why is this big news??? I loved how Talty HAD to put on twitter "he chose Ole Miss over MSU" as if its a big blow to us. If that's the "big news" the pricks had coming today that really are reeling.
    Honestly, if he committed to us, there would be some big time conflict of interest. I wonder if they would do something like make Paul cover Ole Miss, and David cover MSU or how they would have handled that.

vCash
    I have no idea what y'all are talking about, but reading this thread this whole thing sounds ridiculous. 2016??? Really? This stuff is getting absurd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
    I have no idea what y'all are talking about, but reading this thread this whole thing sounds ridiculous. 2016??? Really? This stuff is getting absurd.
    It's not that far away. It's only two classes really now that 2014 is almost wrapped up for everyone. Players are committing earlier and earlier if they are an obvious talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Pretty pathetic by them to give a raise for 1 win improvement from last year.
    It's a kiss of death. They were high on Nutt and gave him that 3 million pay check and two years later they were back in the crapper. I think it makes them lazy.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Ole Miss trying to gain fake momentum today
    Damnit. I thought I signed up for a Mississippi State site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    What gets me is Talty and crew tweet out this is happening like there is a real decision this kid has made. I won't lie. I didn't know who te kid was but a big sophomore OL that sounds like a good get. I did not know he was a life long Rebel who's dad actually works for 247 covering the Rebels. Duh!!! Where is he gonna it to? Why is this even news worthy really?
    And there is an Article about this by Talty in the CL today on the front page of the sports page...
    Their spin machine is working overtime... How can we get rid of this Talty tool?

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...s-easy-his-dad