Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The scramble to host a Regional

vCash
    Regional hosting FAQ

(1) Is hosting based on RPI and other Measures of baseball performance Exclusively?
    (2) Do the potential hosts need to promise anything related to revenue? Hot Dog Sales, Coke Sales, Hotel Room Kick-Backs, Etc. Like Bowl Games do?

Many of the potential hosts that are not MSU or Ole Miss probably can't even promise 200 tickets to be sold. Unless they get to host MSU or OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'd love to be wrong. But I think we have to get to 18 sec wins and it's not a guarantee but feel good. At 17 better have one against ark. Something just says we get left out at 17. Obviously, games other than ours have to be played and can move things one way on another. Think win 5 out of 6 and we have taken it of the committees hands.
    We win 2 of 3 at Arky and outside of losing the series to Mizzou we will host. No one has taken a series at Arky all year and only Florida and James Madison have won there. I mean they are 31-2 at home. To go in there and take a series against arguably the best home team in college baseball would be a LOUD statement. Then again, we went into Alex Box last year and took a series so it could happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Regional hosting FAQ

(1) Is hosting based on RPI and other Measures of baseball performance Exclusively?
    (2) Do the potential hosts need to promise anything related to revenue? Hot Dog Sales, Coke Sales, Hotel Room Kick-Backs, Etc. Like Bowl Games do?

Many of the potential hosts that are not MSU or Ole Miss probably can't even promise 200 tickets to be sold. Unless they get to host MSU or OM.
    Not anymore. They ended stuff like that in the mid 00s. When bidding went away completely they did away with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Regional hosting FAQ

1. "Yes"
    2. "No"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We win 2 of 3 at Arky and outside of losing the series to Mizzou we will host. No one has taken a series at Arky all year and only Florida and James Madison have won there. I mean they are 31-2 at home. To go in there and take a series against arguably the best home team in college baseball would be a LOUD statement. Then again, we went into Alex Box last year and took a series so it could happen.
    I said if we get to 18 I feel good but no guarantee. Now if the 4 are 2 and 2. I think it's a lot closer to a lock.

vCash

vCash
    I think we'll host....just really hope the seeding works out where we can avoid A$M and Ark.

vCash
    Kendall has some connections on the committee or at least he used to and so that's probably a good sign.

I do agree with him- if the season ended today we would host but we have some opportunities to screw it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Kendall has some connections on the committee or at least he used to and so that's probably a good sign.

I do agree with him- if the season ended today we would host but we have some opportunities to screw it up.
    I think the biggest thing is DON'T GET SWEPT. Find a way to at least win 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I don't think that will do it. Our RPI takes a hit against UNA, so drop us about 5 spots. We need to win both series to host IMO. Not even sure that gets it done but will be close.
    Wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    ok- as the last couple of weeks are here- its time to look at the battle to host for the SEC:

State- 14-10. RPI is 18. play @UPig and then home to Mizzou. We simply have to win one against UPig to stay in the mix to host. Get swept and hosting is out. Winning the series would almost guarantee it. Handle bidness vs Mizzou with a sweep being especially helpful as 18 wins would damn near lock it up

Georgia- 13-11 in the SEC after sweeping Candy. RPI is 5. @SC and then home to the desperate Fla Gators. They are in great shape to be a host and pushing for a national seed if they continue to roll

SC- 13-11 in the SEC after saving G3 vs Mizzou to win the series. RPI is 13. Home to Georgia and then @Tenn. In a great position to host as well unless they have a complete breakdown.

Candy- 11-13 in the SEC losing 5 of last 6 to State and Georgia. RPI is 26 now. We broke them. Home to Tenn and then @TheKentuckyClownShow. Chances of hosting are slimmer than Will Rogers throwing a pass longer than 10 yards

Bammer- 10-14 in the SEC with an RPI of 14. Conference record is hurting them but RPI keeps them alive. LSU at home and then @Auburn. 5-1 and they likely host. finishing below .500 would really hurt their chances but not a complete deal killer

We are also battling teams from other conferences on the host bubble obviously but it comes down to us doing our job.

RPI teams:

#25 Mississippi (RPI gives them life but its mighty dim making a Regional)
    #24 Oklahoma St
    #23- Florida
    #22- Duke
    #21- Nebraska
    #20- Dallas Baptist
    #19- NC State
    #18- State
    #17- Oklahoma
    #16- UC Santa Barbara
    We have as good a chance as any. I think like everyone else here - win 1 at Ark and win the series against Mizzou, end up17-13 and we're probably ok.

But I'm glad we're talking about HOSTING and not about whether or not we'll even make the tourney. It's a good change from the last couple of years.

vCash
    I think 18 wins gets us, 17 is a toss up. Kendall Rogers generally knows his stuff though. Just win and it'll all take care of itself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I think 18 wins gets us, 17 is a toss up. Kendall Rogers generally knows his stuff though. Just win and it'll all take care of itself.
    That's the biggest thing. Take it out of the committee's hands.

vCash
    I hope all of you guys are right!

I just don't see our batters having much success against Arkansas pitching. You can expect at least 12 K's for the series between Hines and Jordan. Kohler, Larry and whoever the catcher is still have to bat.

Maybe they will have some success up there with the bats. I certainly hope so. Like y'all have said, win 1 at UArk.

It would be so Lemonis to take one from UArk and lose 2 of 3 to Missouri! 😳

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I hope all of you guys are right!

I just don't see our batters having much success against Arkansas pitching. You can expect at least 12 K's for the series between Hines and Jordan. Kohler, Larry and whoever the catcher is still have to bat.

Maybe they will have some success up there with the bats. I certainly hope so. Like y'all have said, win 1 at UArk.

It would be so Lemonis to take one from UArk and lose 2 of 3 to Missouri! ��
    Well UPig sweeping us wouldnt "surprise" me. We dont seem to play them very well lately. They have the best SP in the country going Friday- he struck what- 16 vs the Clowns last weekend? However they are beatable on Sat/Sun. Purdue will battle Friday and who knows. Jerk has been good as the #2 and gives us a chance. We have no idea what we will get on Sunday.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Hagen Smith is pulling a Skeens. If it continues we will have seen 2 of the best seasons by SEC pitchers in history in B2B years

Smith in 2024:

9-0
    66 IP
    29 hits/25 walks
    10 ER's
    125 K's
    .132 BA allowed
    7 XBH's in 66 IP's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well UPig sweeping us wouldnt "surprise" me. We dont seem to play them very well lately. They have the best SP in the country going Friday- he struck what- 16 vs the Clowns last weekend? However they are beatable on Sat/Sun. Purdue will battle Friday and who knows. Jerk has been good as the #2 and gives us a chance. We have no idea what we will get on Sunday.
    You know 34, a big thing now, at every level is to pitch off. What we did last year at lsu in game 1 against Skenes. I wouldn't be surprised if we move Khal to Saturday and Lo to Sunday, and go with Auger or whoever friday night. With no midweek game we have everyone rested completely. While personally I always love seeing aces go against each other, pitching off is a great strategy for winning a series. I've watched team win series over and over doing this.

vCash
    You know 34, a big thing now, at every level is to pitch off. What we did last year at lsu in game 1 against Skenes. I wouldn't be surprised if we move Khal to Saturday and Lo to Sunday, and go with Auger or whoever friday night. With no midweek game we have everyone rested completely. While personally I always love seeing aces go against each other, pitching off is a great strategy for winning a series. I've watched team win series over and over doing this.
    Whatever we have to do to get 1 is the way to play it. I like this approach gives us our best chance.

vCash
    yeah no doubt. I would 100% support us doing it this weekend.