Thread: I cant believe State got this raving review from an Auburn homie.....video

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    I can believe it. In 30+ years of being in and out of Starkville as a HS student, MSU Student, Alum, and Parent - I have had way more people compliment Starkville and MSU in general then I have had people say it sucks.
    And 9 of the 10 people I've ever heard say it sucks are MSU people. My first visit to Starkville in 1990, I remember my parents talking about how much it was like Athens in the early 1960s, and they loved being in Athens back then.
    I enjoyed the heck out of Starkville in the 1990s - and any friends and family who visited did too. That has carried through to today when I've brought friends over for game weekends.

The video review is spot on about what makes it great - it's community almost entirely focused on MSU. It's small town enough that everyone knows everyone, and in general get along well and care about the community. It comes through when you visit.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I can believe it. In 30+ years of being in and out of Starkville as a HS student, MSU Student, Alum, and Parent - I have had way more people compliment Starkville and MSU in general then I have had people say it sucks.
    And 9 of the 10 people I've ever heard say it sucks are MSU people. My first visit to Starkville in 1990, I remember my parents talking about how much it was like Athens in the early 1960s, and they loved being in Athens back then.
    I enjoyed the heck out of Starkville in the 1990s - and any friends and family who visited did too. That has carried through to today when I've brought friends over for game weekends.

The video review is spot on about what makes it great - it's community almost entirely focused on MSU. It's small town enough that everyone knows everyone, and in general get along well and care about the community. It comes through when you visit.
    Hail Yeah! Hail State! I'm fortunate to have a son in his soon to be 2nd year of grad school, our family approaching 60 consecutive years of season tickets in football, a season ticket friend in baseball and basketball who takes us to many games so as I am retired now spend a lot of time in Starkville. I'm glad it's not like several other SEC towns (won't name them) and often wonder why some of our fans sometimes knock it. Can we improve, on and off campus? Sure, but a lot of positive change since I attended in 75 -77 and has been noticeable in many, many years since. Hail State! Hail Starkville!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Hail Yeah! Hail State! I'm fortunate to have a son in his soon to be 2nd year of grad school, our family approaching 60 consecutive years of season tickets in football, a season ticket friend in baseball and basketball who takes us to many games so as I am retired now spend a lot of time in Starkville. I'm glad it's not like several other SEC towns (won't name them) and often wonder why some of our fans sometimes knock it. Can we improve, on and off campus? Sure, but a lot of positive change since I attended in 75 -77 and has been noticeable in many, many years since. Hail State! Hail Starkville!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Goldendawg again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

My sentiments exactly and I've had the same type experiences.